11Volkswagen Transporter

Volkswagen Transporter Questions & Answers (page 2)

Andrew M.
Andrew M. · Transporter T5.I (2004-2010)

How many kilometres per tank of fuel to get out of a 2005 2L petrol manual Transporter

shahab n.
shahab n. · Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

Hi
I have a 2002 syncro T4 AET petrol 2.5
The issue is my gearbox is broken (02d) and not working anymore
Is it possible to change my box with 02g diesel box? I know the ratios inside the boxes are different but is it possible to change them cuse mechanic says the speed will be higher than petrol box if i change it

David V.
David V. · Transporter T5.II (2010-2015)

Timing chain replacement cost for multivan Tdi 400 2014 4motion?

Diana Grunwald
Diana Grunwald · Transporter

2013model automatic VW Transporter converted camper 2 litre diesel. Is this a reliable van? 295,000 kms. Cost of repairs and parts

Shane P
Shane P · Transporter

I am looking for aftermarket wheel rims for my new Transporter Crewvan t6.1.
I understand rims from an Amarok might fit, but that there is a problem with rims hitting on the brake caliper.

Is it the 16" or 17" rims that have the issue ?
Does anybody know.

thanks in advance,
Shane P.

Dianne M.
Dianne M. · Transporter

Looking at a VW Transporter 2009 T5 Auto 182,000 klms. Are there any major problems with this model?

Peter
Peter · Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

I have a coil issue with my VW T4 2.0 AAC ENGINE. I HAVE NOW REPLACED 8 IGNITION COILS IN 6 MONTHS. Took the van to a VW specialist, replaced battery , hall sensor; sparks plugs, distributor rotor and cap , plugs leads. I am still having the same problem and have to carry spare coil in the car with me to stay of trouble. Can anyone come up with an answer as i am sick and tired of mechanics pretending to have fixed the problem and stealing my money( VW "specialists" in particular.)?

CraigB
CraigB

Peter, we have the same problem and nobody seems to be able to fix it. Have had the van towed seven times now in the past few months. Have to have a spare coil in the car now as it keeps on breaking down. Desperate to find what is causing this also.

Ian
Ian

Hi Peter and Craig.
Have you had any further progress with this issue. I recently bought a 1999 2ltr Transporter, that appears to have the same issue. Runs perfectly for first 5 mins then stalls? No power unless foot to floor, was able to limp home. I have checked fuel pressure and injectors, thinking dirt in the system, and was about to go the coil and hall sensor.
Think ill look elsewhere, will let you know if any luck.
Ian T

Trac
Trac

I had the same problem took it to a private fuel injection mechanic in 126 Jellicoe St Toowoomba, Qld. He was from German heritage and knew his stuff on fuel injection systems. He had to trick the computer with the fuel/air mixture. Not sure if still operating. Was about 14yrs ago T4 still going strong.

Brian
Brian · Transporter

Hi
I have a 2009 VW Transporter T5 TDI.
It has developed a severe miss when warmed up. Even stalls on occasion.
I have used Molycote injection cleaner to no avail.
Is this a Glow plug problem?
The van has 455,000km on the clock and has been looked after well.

Angelica
Angelica · Transporter T5.I (2004-2010)

What does L5 mean on the 2.5 diesel

michael r.
michael r. · Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

Hi all,

I have a 1999 T4 short nose 2L petrol with 317K on it and i think the big end bearing is starting to go. So two questions.,

First - how easy is this to replace the big end on the 2L, yes i have more than a little bit of mechanical knowledge, so capable, but don't want to start the unfinishable if its better to just install a new motor.

Second question, if a new motor is easier, can i fit a 2.5L petrol into the short nose, or does this motor only fit in long nose versions.

Appreciate your thoughts and time in responding :)

Paul F.
Paul F. · Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

My poor old 2001 T4 automatic is having more gearbox problems.After a reset because it was stuck in 2nd gear it now has no reverse & seems to have 3rd gear available .Reverse on the console is now neutral....

Debra W.
Debra W. · Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

Hi, Just wanted some expert advice on a 2002 VW transporter? As wanting to buy a second hand ambulance. Any issues with this model please.
Cheers Debra

Young B.
Young B. · Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

I’ve got a 1996 t4 Ute 2.4 litre 5 cylinder diesel,
For the life of me I can’t seem to bleed the air out of the bloody injectors,
I’m on my third new battery and I’ve killed the starter motor,
And just replaced it,
I really don’t want to kill another at almost $500 a go
Cheers Frank

Sharieff B.
Sharieff B. · Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

Vw tdi t4 vehicle starts no problem but dousnt want to idle nor wants to rev. any ideas?

Danielle W.
Danielle W. · Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

Service parts required for 1999 model

Priscilla A.
Priscilla A. · Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

What can I do? The drive movement is sluggish but the reverse movement is better

Karl V.
Karl V. · Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

My 97 transporter drives 30kls then oil light flashers then Stopes .starts again in 20mins does same again any idea

Katie M.
Katie M.

Catalytic converter.

Karl V.
Karl V. · Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

I have 97wolwagon transporter I drive it for 30ks oil light flashers then it stops.starts again in 20min does the same again any ideas what it is

Shane R. · Transporter

My 2000 t4 transporter starts an then stops I'm replacing ignition switch and a relay box 30 ,any idea's

Vic S.
Vic S. · Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

Has anybody had any trouble with t4 automatic gearbox?

Seen transporter t4 77 model advertized ,auto gearbox blown

Paul F.

They are terrible gearboxes.V.W should be ashamed of themselves!! I've had lots of trouble with mine.

Hdavina
Hdavina

Me too. My gearbox has been reconditioned and I still have intermittent problems changing down at inappropriate times and not wanting to change back up again in reasonable time. This is mainly on the open road. It’s unnervingly.

Get an answer from our members and Volkswagen representatives

Select a listing for your question
Volkswagen Transporter