Volkswagen Transporter

Volkswagen Transporter Questions & Answers (page 3 of 7)

T5.I, T5.II, T4, T6

127 questions from our users

Jas

Jasasked

Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

Where is the best place to buy parts for a t4 2.5 van struggling to find wreckers in Melbourne?

branko

brankoasked

Transporter T5.II (2010-2015)

I need second hand gerbox for vw transporter 103 tdi lwb vin/chassis wv1zzz7hzah233337. Any help?

Darren Curry

Darren Curryasked

Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

I need a gearbox for my 1998 t4 transporter can l use a gear from. A1994 t4 transporter?

JoF

JoFasked

Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

Hi there I have a 97 T4 transporter and I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's an anchor point to put a forward facing child's car seat in the front passengers side? The back seat's been taken out for a bed so obviously that's not an option.
Thanks-Jo

A M G

There are no car seat anchor points in the front row. You would need to have one fitted by a child seat anchor point fitting place.

Wasamax

Wasamaxasked

Transporter T5.I (2004-2010)

Are the injectors the same in the 2006 model 5 cyl engine as the later model 4 cyl engines 2007 -10?

Disco M

Disco Masked

Transporter T5.I (2004-2010)

hi I have a 2004 transporter utility ,and when I turn my high beam on it blow the fuse for left hand light ,we have done continuity test from the light right back to the in cab fuse box and all is good ,globe is good ,we have tested relays all good, can any one help out there please?

Gazzabyron

Gazzabyronasked

Transporter T5.I (2004-2010)

I have a T5 transporter. Having trouble with starting. Turn the key nothing happens. This is intermittent. Any suggestions? Drives well 113000 on the clock.

Sinar63
Sinar63

Hi there,
Have you checked the ignition switch witch is just behind the key lock on you steering wheel
It is a~ $10 part and sometimes can fail very slowly try by pushing in your key hard when trying to start.
Not a big issues if it is that

Yantra

Yantraasked

Transporter

Hey do 1998 transporter parts fit a 2004 transporter?

Christopher C

Christopher Casked

Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

can I get a roo bar to fit my 99 dual cab transporter?

Rob

Robasked

Transporter

How often should a 1994 Transporter 2.5 petrol be serviced?

sinar63
sinar63

Hi Rob, for me 15000km is the interval, I do everything myself and have nearly done 500000km. It is all straight forward simple engineering made for the professional. Change the oil every 15000km (I do check also every time I fuel up routine as VW uses oil) check breaks and electrical system and you will have great and inexpensive motoring

A M G

I believe sinar63 is right the book says 15,000 but this is with fully synthetic oil. If you are using standard oil like GTX or shell helix 15w40 I would recommend changing more frequently minimum of 10,000 kilometres 7,500 would be better. I did over 200,000 kilometres in my 03 T4 kombi without any issues whatsoever. I used valvoline XLD 15w40 at 10,000klm intervals.
You can get filters on eBay Sakura brand for $22.00 ish. Pretty good filters. (I wouldn't buy anything cheaper they probably have nothing inside). Beats the $40 plus at auto parts store. Make sure it's the right one they have a big nut on the bottom you usually need to tighten with a socket 27mm so they don't leak there is a cheaper alternative that doesn't have the nut but they can't be tightened easily and usually leak from the gasket.

les

lesasked

Transporter T5.I (2004-2010)

Have a 2008 Transporter Blowing water out of top tank would it be a blown head gasket has no water in oil.

Tristan Edwards

Tristan Edwardsasked

Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

Hi dose anyone no where the computer is situated on th T4 1996 Volkswagen transporter 2.5ltr petrol 5cylinder and what model code reader will adapt to the plug if somone could email me plse [email removed] as the van is starting then cutting out 3 seconds everytime thanks.

Brett W.
Brett W.

hi i am having the same problem can you give me any information on what you have done please

Momo

Momoasked

Transporter T5.II (2010-2015)

My vw transporter is losing oil and lost a lot of power. What could be the cause?

Big M.
Big M.

If oil not visibly leaking anywhere mine was getting blown out of one of the turbos ( tdi 400 bi turbo)
the main larger one

Dave

Daveasked

Who sells water hoses for 1996 VW Transporter? VW has deleted them in Australia

Angela

Angelaasked

Transporter T5.I (2004-2010)

Where is the Child seat anchor for rear facing child seats?

Paul R

Paul Rasked

Transporter

Any problems with water flooding of front of campervan 2013 VW frontline vans?

Adam G

Adam Gasked

Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

Do 98 model's have back seats?

A M G

My 98 caravelle has back seats.

Michael Marcuse

Michael Marcuseasked

Transporter T5.II (2010-2015)

I brought a new t5 2015 4 motion 2 liter twin turbo duel cab. Lacks power but for a 2 liter what do u aspect. But some days it stores on U when u drop into 2 gear still moving 10 k'a plus to take off again. It's a very annoying. Is it a fault and what else can go wrong when I taken it for its service they can't fine any problems but it only happens sometimes & sometimes it's more?
Mike

Tarek salah

Tarek salahasked

Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

I have a T4 camper 2,5 TDI manual and i need to switch to automatic transmission , pls help with all needed parts to buy used in good condition

A M G

Stick with the manual T4 automatic transmissions are well known to have issues. Good automatic transmissions are very rare and you can pay around $3500 for a good one. That doesn't include all the other stuff you will need or fitting. There are a lot of forums on changing T4s to manual transmissions for that reason.

Paul F.

T.4 Auto gearboxes are rubbish...Vw should be ashamed!

Deborah Masked

Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

I have just recently purchased a 96 VW Transporter auto camper on the clock) it had air con probs (fixed by a fuse) new car battery, it’s now in at the auto electricians as the red engine light came on I could smell the heat coming off the engine, pulled over immediately. Loads of water in the container, RACQ said possible fan probs... had van towed to my auto electrician. Waiting for a verdict.... question.... should i now get my transmission oil checkedor changed....as I e read autos can have a problem. As I’m wanting to have trips (not around Oz) I want to trust this campervan ..... any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Trev
Trev

check water pump. plastic impeller so times snaps in half ,

Deborah M

You are correct... that was the problem... thanks for your input

Correct..