47Volvo XC90

Volvo XC90

47Volvo XC90
3.7

60%13%27%
Brand Manager for Volvo? Claim your listing.

Jane
JaneSydney2 posts
  XC90 Mk.I Executive

Stalled while driving

Our 7 month old xc90 stalled at traffic lights and then while driving, causing steering to lock. No confidence in this vehicle and Volvo say they have repaired and think it won't happen again. Too Risky and unreliable for our family! This from a company that has built a reputation on safety!
7 seats
Mechanically unsound Show details
Sydney mummy
Sydney mummyAU2 posts

Never ending Problems

Volvo needs to upgrade this car it is 13 years overdue! Too many electrics for an old system. I got a new XC90 MY12, broke down and towed twice in the first 8 months! Got 'fixed' under warranty but still have issues! Provided with courtesy car (new XC90 from dealer with less than 100kms) and that broke down as well (electrics switched off all of a sudden while driving at 60km/h). It's proven that its not just my car! Great family car aside from the small issue about SAFETY! Buyer beware!
Size, family car, easy to drive
Safety issues - towed 3 times in total with 2 different new XC90s
Brissie mummy
Brissie mummy
Angella
AngellaQueanbeyan7 posts
rdealwis
rdealwis
  Mk.I

Its the best family car we have owned. We have had it for 3yrs now and it has never given any issues. Very nice drive for long distance and towing. The built-in booster seat is great. I highly recommend this car for any family with young kids.
Boot space to fit all the kids stuff when we travel long distance. Extremely economical diesel engine. Looks great and handles well. Great for towing caravan.
Diesel engine is a little rough and the turbo kick can be a bit sudden.
Kuailan
KuailanSydney, NSW6 posts
  XC90 Mk.I D5

What can I say?? Need to update soon!

In term of space and comfort, XC90 is still king! Added the flexibility to arrange the seats is definitely a plus! However it has been almost a decade model, definitely need update. Volvo wake up, there are better quality car now.
Space, seat flexibility, comfort, bluetooth music streaming
Steering too light for my liking, Sound system is crap! I expect better quality than just no name OEM speaker sets, Performance is definitely crap, especially without the V8 for 2012 onward. Show details
petera96
petera96AU5 posts

Part of the family

Great car part of the family. Has been reliable. Getting 8.5L per 100 km. Is hard on brakes and tyres so expect to replace more regularly.
Reliable
Tyre ware, expect a new set every 15000 km Show reply
wagga
waggaAU2 posts
rudy8347310
rudy8347310
  XC90 Mk.I T6

Costly

It was a great car and we love it. We love the flexibility of its seat and its comfort.

All that was love vanish when we had an Urgent Transmission service message on our dashboard. Volvo service quotes us almost $8000. Car was regularly service no issue what so ever before that message came up. A search on internet, turn out this model (T6) had known issue with its Transmission. :-(.

Not sure if the other model had the same major issue with this one.
Seat flexibility and Confort
Lots of issue with its Transmission enginne Show details

belld12
belld124 posts
glennjay
glennjay4 posts
  Mk.I

Bought one recently. Had all the features I needed. Uses PULP acceleration is better on 98RON petrol which I now use.
Looks, handling, price, features
Slow start from stop
adelsana
adelsanaSydney, NSW15 posts
scopeit
scopeit

OK

This is an average to good car, but some basic faults makes me hesitate at buying one again or trading up.
Roomy interior. Good room in wagon even with 6th and 7th seats engaged. 6th and 7th seats good size and full sturdy buckets. Visibility generally very good, as is acceleration and braking. Good safety features in terms of child protection, safety door locks, etc.
Electricals. Had several problems in first year with drivers side window switch, and ignition lock/switch sticks and hard removing key. Front tyres wear very quickly. 18 inch, 60 series, 235, barely lasted 6 months. Medium to soft compound Continentals

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Volvo? Claim your listing.