Vornado 660

Vornado 660 (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Vornado? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Power

Jen
Jen

cheap control switch

Good air force and output, but poor quality material meant plastic on the interior of small control switch snapped so impossible to adjust the dial and speed. Had to throw it out after 12 months. More junk destined for landfill. Unlike my Dimplex box fan which has lasted more than 20 years!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Stevo
StevoAU

Love love love this fan

Got this fan for our babys room this summer as our only air con is far in the living room. Really feel the fan even when not blowing straight at you. Great for circulating the cool aircon air down the corridor to the baby room. Can't live without it, so much more powerful than any other fan

Joe
JoeHobart

Love it!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Fantastic Product

I purchased this fan from Costco North Lakes last month and have used it every day and night. The fan works perfectly as designed, so much more efficient than the pedestal fans and portable enough for me to take to the office and home again each day.
Initial outlay may be a wee bit high, but worth every penny.

ElHaych
ElHaychSydney

Great air flow

My husband who can't stand the heat keeps the Vornado on the whole night and it helps to make the room less stuffy. It works better than a normal fan as you don't need to have it pointed directly at you to feel the air.
More expensive than other fans but works to keep small rooms cool quite well.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Is the new ALDI Bladeless Air Purifier Fan better than the Dyson Pure Cool Desk Fan?

German retail giant ALDI is releasing a bladeless fan and air purifier, due to go on sale as part of its Special Buys program this Saturday 18th November.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.11 Nov 2020
is-the-new-aldi-bladeless-air-purifier-fan-better-than-the-dyson-pure-cool-desk-fan

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
bbsb007
bbsb007Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent fan, worth the cost with a 5 year warranty.

ETphonehome
ETphonehomeMelbourne

Good small fan

We purchased 2 Vornado fans for our office as we don't have proper aircon. It provides good circulation and I like that it is able to tilt up to the ceiling. It is powerful and altho it is noisy but we don't pay attention to it. it is small and compact.

Ethann
EthannMelbourne

Awesome air circulator

I bought this air circulator after reading/watching so many reviews here and YouTube, etc. I was skeptical to give this circulator a try with our stuffy bedroom because (1) this is an expensive fan/circulator with its size (2) whether its noise can interrupt our sleep. However after using it for about a week now, I can confirm it worked far better than I expected. I placed it next to our window on hot days so we had fresh air intake and it worked like a treat. The circulator will only get noisy if you turn it on level 3 upward. Happy with my purchase and I am going to keep it!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

honest100
honest100

Vornado 660 is very noisy

Works well but too noisy when on full blast - at night it's like sleeping on an aeroplane. I have moved it out of the bedroom and replaced with a quieter fan. I only use it during the day now when there is other noise around although have to turn the TV up loud in order to hear it.

Es2ng66
Es2ng66Croydon, NSW

Surprisingly works better than our air-con

BOZ
BOZ

Strong but very loud

Very strong power & good reach in average size room

Very noisy - much louder than a Dyson

Needed a remote - made life very hard without one

I returned it the shop as no remote was a deal breaker

Besides that I was a big fan of a fan

Carol H
Carol HMelbourne

Perfect fan

The fan is powerful and everyone who experienced it loves it. Its noise is not annoying and I have seen a friend using it to cover the noise from outside. Its selection of wind power can satisfy different needs. It doesn’t come with a remote control which is kinda inconvenient .

bestpili
bestpiliAdelaide

Love this Fan!

You get what you pay for and the vornado is money well spent. Four speed settings and fan blows air strongly once placed properly would make you feel there is a breeze inside the house. Initially had tower fans but after using the vornado for a couple of weeks, we had to replace our other fans in the house with vornado's. love this product

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Steve l
Steve lDandenong

Circulates air around the whole room!

This fan is small but powerful. It is able to circulate air around the whole room. You are able to feel air come from the other side of the room.
Its sound production is okay.
Not too loud but produces a sound you would except of a fan that is able to circulate air around the whole room.
Would like to see the fan have slower fan options as minimum speeds can be relatively high.

ChocolatePudding
ChocolatePuddingSydney, NSW

not great in an large open plan area

I have the smaller 633 Vornado and was impressed with how effectively it moved air around a small bedroom. I bought this larger 660 for an open plan living room and was disappointed. On the highest (and loudest) setting and with the fan pointed just so at the wall you may feel a small breeze. on the lowest setting it does literally nothing. You really need an enclosed area for this fan to work well at circulating air. If the air conditioner is on as well then this fan does a good job of pushing the cold air around but I think the smaller 633 would be just as good at this.

weebok15
weebok15Melbourne

Vornado the tornado!

This fan really lives up to its name. It creates a really strong and powerful fan speed, which is great for those warm days here in Victoria. It is easy to use and doesn't take up that much space. I was previously using a cheap fan previously, but this takes the cake.

Sam
SamSydney

Powerful if placed correctly

fellan88
fellan88Perth

Great circulator, beats normal fans by miles

Bruce A
Bruce AAU

WOW!

Totally satisfied with the power of this fan. It moves the air around the whole room. For such a small size this fan is amazing. If you want the best fan (that is not a large industrial one) get this one & you will not be disappointed. Very happy I fully recommend it.

Arl
Arl

Very good

I’ve tried a few fans over the last few years, from cheap home brand to more expensive tower fan. This is the best one so far.its amazing. Its small, but powerful enough to blows air strongly to whole room. I find it a bit noisy though...But I’m so happy with the performance that I bought another 2 for other rooms.

Tish L.
Tish L.

Summer lifesaver

I love this fan, it's the only thing that lets me sleep on hot summer nights. It has an astonishing strength and seems to turn my room into a wind tunnel, but is insanely quiet for what it does. It is well built and very sturdy, and has been machined well. I use it in my room and also to move heat out of my window when it gets late and cooler outside, highly recommend, you will 100% not regret it. Stronger than most ceiling fans and standing fans.

Alex C
Alex CSydney

Literally the best fan ever

The fan is the most incredible fan I've ever bought. No aircon in our house so have always used cheap fans but this fan actually blows air strongly, and not even that loud. I actually feel cool at night and I leave it on when I sleep. Super satisfied with this buy.

DevilMei
DevilMeiToowoomba

I'm a big fan.

This fan is amazing. Whenever I am at somebody else's house and they have a cheap fan running I pity them. They do not know the true glory of a Vornado blowing a ridiculous amount of air around the room (or directly at you when it's hot enough) Have had it for a couple of years and still works perfectly. Highly recommended

Date PurchasedJan 2015
xiaoyee
xiaoyeeBrisbane

Good air circulator

Money well spent. Four speed settings; however there is a significant difference in air flow between 3 and 4. Probably better off with 5 speeds with a speed in between the current 3 and 4. Nonetheless, it moves a lot of air. I've used it to circulate air flow from the AC throughout the house and works well. Saves me from turning on the rest of the AC in the house.

Gabe
GabeMelbourne

A must-have!

I had doubt when I purchased this fan due to its high price. However, now my doubts is gone after a month of use. It does its job amazingly well. It is reasonablely quiet when running at full speed and it moves the air around efficiently. I highly recommend it

Liana Cortijo
Liana Cortijoasked

My vornado is not working. Where can I have it repaired? I live in pymble nsw
Lcortijo@gmail.Com

DanielC
DanielC

You CANNOT have it repaired. That's the whole issue with Vornado, they are only a box dropper but have NO service agents in Australia (as I got told via email by them in 12/2020). You may now throw your Vornado in the nearest bin and contribute to global pollution.

Anna L.
Anna L.asked

where is the vornado fan made? which country is it manufactured?

TMG
TMG

Made in China. But very well made.
I highly recommend .
Better than any other fan I have had, and I have many.

Cam G
Cam Gasked

Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with

baz
baz

Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room

Features:

• The Vornado 660 Air Circulator uses heavily contoured blades to churn the air into a column shape, which ultimately projects air further and helps keep everyone in the room cool
  • Four fan speeds allow you to adjust how gentle or powerful you’d prefer the airflow in a room, while a multi-directional airflow ensures all sections of the room are evenly cooled
  • A detachable grill allows for quick and easy cleaning
  • Its small, compact size is unobtrusive, and allows this standalone fan to be placed largely out of sight, without compromising on the quality of airflow.

Feedback from reviewers:

• According to reviewers, the most appealing quality of this Vornado model is that it’s a powerful fan that does what it claims and circulates air swiftly around a room
  • Sometimes reviewers found the fan to be too noisy to be left on throughout the night, while others found the noise level acceptable, if the fan is set on the lowest speed. Some even appreciated the white noise that the fan provided.
  • The Vornado 660 Air Circulator costs $259, which is a little pricey for a standalone fan. However, while reviewers acknowledged this, most also expressed that this fan was worth the money.
CategoryStandalone Fans