Vornado 660

Vornado 660 (page 2 of 3)

Fan Buying Guide - How to choose the coolest tower or pedestal fan for you

If you’re looking for a way to avoid melting this summer, a fan could help. But with so many types on the market, how do you choose the best fan for your home?

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Power
Es2ng66

Es2ng66Croydon, NSW

Surprisingly works better than our air-con

Carol H

Carol HMelbourne

Perfect fan

The fan is powerful and everyone who experienced it loves it. Its noise is not annoying and I have seen a friend using it to cover the noise from outside. Its selection of wind power can satisfy different needs. It doesn’t come with a remote control which is kinda inconvenient .

bestpili

bestpiliAdelaide

Love this Fan!

You get what you pay for and the vornado is money well spent. Four speed settings and fan blows air strongly once placed properly would make you feel there is a breeze inside the house. Initially had tower fans but after using the vornado for a couple of weeks, we had to replace our other fans in the house with vornado's. love this product

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Steve l

Steve lDandenong

Circulates air around the whole room!

This fan is small but powerful. It is able to circulate air around the whole room. You are able to feel air come from the other side of the room.
Its sound production is okay.
Not too loud but produces a sound you would except of a fan that is able to circulate air around the whole room.
Would like to see the fan have slower fan options as minimum speeds can be relatively high.

weebok15

weebok15Melbourne

Vornado the tornado!

This fan really lives up to its name. It creates a really strong and powerful fan speed, which is great for those warm days here in Victoria. It is easy to use and doesn't take up that much space. I was previously using a cheap fan previously, but this takes the cake.

Sam

SamSydney

Powerful if placed correctly

fellan88

fellan88Perth

Great circulator, beats normal fans by miles

Bruce A

Bruce AAU

WOW!

Totally satisfied with the power of this fan. It moves the air around the whole room. For such a small size this fan is amazing. If you want the best fan (that is not a large industrial one) get this one & you will not be disappointed. Very happy I fully recommend it.

Arl

Arl

Very good

I’ve tried a few fans over the last few years, from cheap home brand to more expensive tower fan. This is the best one so far.its amazing. Its small, but powerful enough to blows air strongly to whole room. I find it a bit noisy though...But I’m so happy with the performance that I bought another 2 for other rooms.

Tish L.

Tish L.

Summer lifesaver

I love this fan, it's the only thing that lets me sleep on hot summer nights. It has an astonishing strength and seems to turn my room into a wind tunnel, but is insanely quiet for what it does. It is well built and very sturdy, and has been machined well. I use it in my room and also to move heat out of my window when it gets late and cooler outside, highly recommend, you will 100% not regret it. Stronger than most ceiling fans and standing fans.

Alex C

Alex CSydney

Literally the best fan ever

The fan is the most incredible fan I've ever bought. No aircon in our house so have always used cheap fans but this fan actually blows air strongly, and not even that loud. I actually feel cool at night and I leave it on when I sleep. Super satisfied with this buy.

DevilMei

DevilMeiToowoomba

I'm a big fan.

This fan is amazing. Whenever I am at somebody else's house and they have a cheap fan running I pity them. They do not know the true glory of a Vornado blowing a ridiculous amount of air around the room (or directly at you when it's hot enough) Have had it for a couple of years and still works perfectly. Highly recommended

Date PurchasedJan 2015
xiaoyee

xiaoyeeBrisbane

Good air circulator

Money well spent. Four speed settings; however there is a significant difference in air flow between 3 and 4. Probably better off with 5 speeds with a speed in between the current 3 and 4. Nonetheless, it moves a lot of air. I've used it to circulate air flow from the AC throughout the house and works well. Saves me from turning on the rest of the AC in the house.

Gabe

GabeMelbourne

A must-have!

I had doubt when I purchased this fan due to its high price. However, now my doubts is gone after a month of use. It does its job amazingly well. It is reasonablely quiet when running at full speed and it moves the air around efficiently. I highly recommend it

Simon

SimonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy with its performance

We purchased this to assist in circulating the cool air in our business, happy to say it does its job well. I don't quite notice the fan noise as it is generally positioned in a busy environment. Due to the heat in SA, this has helped circulate the cool air from the AC to work more efficiently. Do not expect this to cool down a room without the help of a real Air conditioner.

Value for its performance

The Vornado 660 floor fan is very powerful, it lives up to its name being an air circulator. I have owned a couple of tower fans and normal oscillating fans but this fan literally blows everything else out of the water. It is extremely great at its job despite the high price tag on it, but it will be worth your every cent. However, it may be pretty loud when running at maximum settings, given the amount of air it pushes out!

garry

garrySouth East Queensland, QLD

fantastic. best fan ever.

truly great fan. use it in a large ( 42m2 ) high set bedroom with windows and doors open. fan in one corner aimed midway up the wall in far corner. moves and circulates the air really well. don't like aircon so always use fans but have never had a fan like the vornado. normally only need to run it on #2 setting. does not impact sleep. max setting really moves the air but can be a little noisy. neat looking fan that does everything its supposed to do. researched the vornado well before i bought it. found it had been used in the southern states of the usa since the late 1930's. families just keep coming back and buying the vornado. may be a little pricey compared with the standard fan but this is a quality unit that is well worth the money.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Bbalanced

BbalancedSydney, NSW

Very impressed

This well designed fan on the high setting, helps to push the hot air out of my open plan lounge when I get home. On the second setting it boosted the effectiveness my aircon on those sweltering hot December days. On the lowest setting I use it in the bedroom and point it at the ceiling over my bed so that a soft air movement keeps me comfortable. When I had it directed at the bed I was too cold. Too keep it clean it is best set up on a low stool, away from carpet dust. The instructions are concise and the 5 year warranty gives me confidence in my purchase.

cavok76

cavok76South East Queensland, QLD

As good as it gets for what it does and tough

Understand what it is. It is very good at what it does. This WILL circulate and mix the air in your house. It can help with moving air from aircon at one end or from open windows. It moves a massive amount of air. it's designed to move air, so it's not a cooling fan. It has a wide range of speed and a sound levels, so you will find a setting that suits. If you want a cooling fan, it probably won't work for you.

Mister_E

Mister_ESydney, NSW

True air circulation from a fan! Yes you heard that right!!

Liana Cortijo

Liana Cortijoasked

My vornado is not working. Where can I have it repaired? I live in pymble nsw
Lcortijo@gmail.Com

DanielC
DanielC

You CANNOT have it repaired. That's the whole issue with Vornado, they are only a box dropper but have NO service agents in Australia (as I got told via email by them in 12/2020). You may now throw your Vornado in the nearest bin and contribute to global pollution.

Anna L.

Anna L.asked

where is the vornado fan made? which country is it manufactured?

TMG
TMG

Made in China. But very well made.
I highly recommend .
Better than any other fan I have had, and I have many.

Cam G

Cam Gasked

Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with

baz
baz

Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room

Features:

• The Vornado 660 Air Circulator uses heavily contoured blades to churn the air into a column shape, which ultimately projects air further and helps keep everyone in the room cool
  • Four fan speeds allow you to adjust how gentle or powerful you’d prefer the airflow in a room, while a multi-directional airflow ensures all sections of the room are evenly cooled
  • A detachable grill allows for quick and easy cleaning
  • Its small, compact size is unobtrusive, and allows this standalone fan to be placed largely out of sight, without compromising on the quality of airflow.

Feedback from reviewers:

• According to reviewers, the most appealing quality of this Vornado model is that it’s a powerful fan that does what it claims and circulates air swiftly around a room
  • Sometimes reviewers found the fan to be too noisy to be left on throughout the night, while others found the noise level acceptable, if the fan is set on the lowest speed. Some even appreciated the white noise that the fan provided.
  • The Vornado 660 Air Circulator costs $259, which is a little pricey for a standalone fan. However, while reviewers acknowledged this, most also expressed that this fan was worth the money.
CategoryStandalone Fans