Vornado 660

Vornado 660 (page 3 of 4)

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Vornado? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Power

Simon
SimonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy with its performance

We purchased this to assist in circulating the cool air in our business, happy to say it does its job well. I don't quite notice the fan noise as it is generally positioned in a busy environment. Due to the heat in SA, this has helped circulate the cool air from the AC to work more efficiently. Do not expect this to cool down a room without the help of a real Air conditioner.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Value for its performance

The Vornado 660 floor fan is very powerful, it lives up to its name being an air circulator. I have owned a couple of tower fans and normal oscillating fans but this fan literally blows everything else out of the water. It is extremely great at its job despite the high price tag on it, but it will be worth your every cent. However, it may be pretty loud when running at maximum settings, given the amount of air it pushes out!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Ctang
CtangMelbourne

It surprisingly good

The Vornado 660 is surprisingly good given its size. It's a good product and it's cheap.It cools the whole room down all day and night. It is quieter than most fans. It is probably your best bet to use this on a hot day or after exercising to feel the sense of relieve

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Mayj
Mayjsydney

A good friend for the hot summer

It is good. The price is a bit expensive but it's working efficiently. However, it is very noisy when is set on the high volume. On the low setting is not as powerful as higher settings. But the noise is an important element and effect on the quality of the product.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Chad.Shearer
Chad.ShearerAdelaide, SA, 5022

I am a big fan of this

I am very impressed with the amount of air that this fan blows out. For something so small, I was expecting it to be quite powerless and only blow a bit of air, however I was wrong. It's great for at night time on a desk as it will blow the air around the room rather nicely.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Is the new ALDI Bladeless Air Purifier Fan better than the Dyson Pure Cool Desk Fan?

German retail giant ALDI is releasing a bladeless fan and air purifier, due to go on sale as part of its Special Buys program this Saturday 18th November.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.11 Nov 2020
is-the-new-aldi-bladeless-air-purifier-fan-better-than-the-dyson-pure-cool-desk-fan

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
garry
garrySouth East Queensland, QLD

fantastic. best fan ever.

truly great fan. use it in a large ( 42m2 ) high set bedroom with windows and doors open. fan in one corner aimed midway up the wall in far corner. moves and circulates the air really well. don't like aircon so always use fans but have never had a fan like the vornado. normally only need to run it on #2 setting. does not impact sleep. max setting really moves the air but can be a little noisy. neat looking fan that does everything its supposed to do. researched the vornado well before i bought it. found it had been used in the southern states of the usa since the late 1930's. families just keep coming back and buying the vornado. may be a little pricey compared with the standard fan but this is a quality unit that is well worth the money.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Bbalanced
BbalancedSydney, NSW

Very impressed

This well designed fan on the high setting, helps to push the hot air out of my open plan lounge when I get home. On the second setting it boosted the effectiveness my aircon on those sweltering hot December days. On the lowest setting I use it in the bedroom and point it at the ceiling over my bed so that a soft air movement keeps me comfortable. When I had it directed at the bed I was too cold. Too keep it clean it is best set up on a low stool, away from carpet dust. The instructions are concise and the 5 year warranty gives me confidence in my purchase.

Janet
JanetSouth East Queensland, QLD

OK but it's not quiet

The power of the fan is okay, it is short, so you need to sit it on a bench. However it is moderately noisy, I can't hear the TV with the fan nearby. I bought it because I thought it looked better than the old style floor standing fans and it was cheaper than the Dyson. Maybe I should've paid more to get a Dyson. It is black, so it doesn't look too out of place in the dining room.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

cavok76
cavok76South East Queensland, QLD

As good as it gets for what it does and tough

Understand what it is. It is very good at what it does. This WILL circulate and mix the air in your house. It can help with moving air from aircon at one end or from open windows. It moves a massive amount of air. it's designed to move air, so it's not a cooling fan. It has a wide range of speed and a sound levels, so you will find a setting that suits. If you want a cooling fan, it probably won't work for you.

Mandy page
Mandy pageBrisbane

Small fan lots of power

The vortex is different to most fans it circulates air around so not just pushing hot air on you like some fans do. Fairly quiet on low leval not as powerful as the bigger model but for the baby of the group it's keeping up with the larger sizes. No remote and doesn't rotate but for a small room it's not needed

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
jimwill
jimwill

Noisy, useless, ugly, expensive.

OMG! I believed the hype. I'm such a fool. I followed the instructions exactly, nothing. Just a very very loud noise and very little air movement.
Lent it to my neighbour, same. Waste of money. It Maybe useful in America where everyone lives in completely enclosed houses or McMansions in Sydney that run completely on air conditioning but if you like an open window or door in summer, this fan will be absolutely useless. Do not buy. Do not buy. Do not buy.

C.F.
C.F.Perth

Noisy and inefficient

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Jaytee Thomas
Jaytee ThomasCentral Queensland, QLD

Smaller than i thought but good

Very directional, has to be pointing right at you to feel anything and it wont circulate air in the whole room like advertised (small bedroom). Is very painful to clean and vibrates which is noticable when it is on the computer desk, it is also very loud when on high.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Mister_E
Mister_ESydney, NSW

True air circulation from a fan! Yes you heard that right!!

Bev
BevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Ever

I have had my Vornado for years. I recommended it to so many people that the store i mentioned actually sold out. Best investment ever. I had a small split system which did not cool down the house only one room. I put the Vornado on the floor in front of the split system. It was 40 degrees outside 25 inside. I know have ducted cooling which gets turned off and the Vornado goes on. We sleep with doonas on even when it is hot. Tip: Put the Vornado in front of an open window or door when the cool change comes in. It sucks in the cooler air and pushes it out to circulate in the room.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

BruceT
BruceTGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best purchase ever made.

This is the best purchase I ever made. I have it in the bedroom where there is no air-con and it cools the whole room down all day and night. It is quieter than most fans (on a low speed).The circulator is virtually silent and has multiple speeds to choose from. I absolutely love it and agreed there is nothing better than Vornado. The fan itself in a beautiful WHITE finish with a polished chrome slide to adjust the angle of the fan.
Recommend this fan for anyone wanting to keep cool this summer.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
James
JamesSydney, NSW

Fantastic fan

Super high powered and customisable. Very portable fan. Good design, looks fabulous in the room. Works every time to cool down the room. If you want a fan that will work forever and not break down within a couple of weeks, this fan is it. A quality fan for life!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Melvyn
MelvynPerth, WA

Is not an ordinary fan, is a Super Fan!

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Jet B
Jet B

Another over-hyped, slick marketing gizmo that under performs.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
fanaticcook
fanaticcookGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

so impressed

thank you product review for helping me select the perfect fan for our unit. It seemed pricey, but it is not only compact, light and quiet, it also churns up an impressive airflow. it is truly a very powerful fan for the size, worth every cent that i have spent!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Amelia d
Amelia dSydney

Blows me away!

I am very satisfied with this fan, I had previously brought the size down which I am also satisfied with but I found rather loud.
I heard the larger fan was quieter and it definitely is! It also seems to move the air around the room better.
Love it, I also have a dyson fan and it just can't compare with the power this has.
The lack of ossiclation does not bother me.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
hypar
hyparBrisbane

Expensive but awesome

DeeSydney

Compact and powerful fan

Very happy with the Vornado 660 - it is compact and easy to position in my bedroom, on top of dressing table or chest of drawers or just as effective on the floor. It is not too noisy for the power it gives out. It was over $100 so not as cheap as other fans you can buy from hardware store but overall I am very happy with this fan.

Dee

Oops just looked at the box and My Vornado is not a 660 it is a 553. It is a great size for my bedroom .

desleigh
desleighRichmond-Tweed, NSW

LOVE THIS LITTLE POWERHOUSE!

I got this with a flybuys redemption and frankly, was a little skeptical when I unpacked it, that it could do the job. I was pleasantly surprised. It's very effective and also quiet. I've since bought another one for a larger room and it, also, is very good. Also there are no blades to cause injury. Perfect!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Chris4747
Chris4747SYDNEY

Great little fan - tad on the expensive side but very efficent.

After looking at the review of the Vornado I decide to try it out, our ceiling fans from hunter pacific failed again (will not change speed).
Vordano works well - good airflow and helps keeping the room a constant temperature. After buying one I went and brought another. On full power they can tend to be a bit noisy but as it can throw airflow over 20 meters you can position the fan away from other audio and still get the air flow benefit.

Liana Cortijo
Liana Cortijoasked

My vornado is not working. Where can I have it repaired? I live in pymble nsw
Lcortijo@gmail.Com

DanielC
DanielC

You CANNOT have it repaired. That's the whole issue with Vornado, they are only a box dropper but have NO service agents in Australia (as I got told via email by them in 12/2020). You may now throw your Vornado in the nearest bin and contribute to global pollution.

Anna L.
Anna L.asked

where is the vornado fan made? which country is it manufactured?

TMG
TMG

Made in China. But very well made.
I highly recommend .
Better than any other fan I have had, and I have many.

Cam G
Cam Gasked

Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with

baz
baz

Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room

Features:

• The Vornado 660 Air Circulator uses heavily contoured blades to churn the air into a column shape, which ultimately projects air further and helps keep everyone in the room cool
  • Four fan speeds allow you to adjust how gentle or powerful you’d prefer the airflow in a room, while a multi-directional airflow ensures all sections of the room are evenly cooled
  • A detachable grill allows for quick and easy cleaning
  • Its small, compact size is unobtrusive, and allows this standalone fan to be placed largely out of sight, without compromising on the quality of airflow.

Feedback from reviewers:

• According to reviewers, the most appealing quality of this Vornado model is that it’s a powerful fan that does what it claims and circulates air swiftly around a room
  • Sometimes reviewers found the fan to be too noisy to be left on throughout the night, while others found the noise level acceptable, if the fan is set on the lowest speed. Some even appreciated the white noise that the fan provided.
  • The Vornado 660 Air Circulator costs $259, which is a little pricey for a standalone fan. However, while reviewers acknowledged this, most also expressed that this fan was worth the money.
CategoryStandalone Fans