Vornado 660

Vornado 660 (page 4 of 5)

Fan Buying Guide - How to choose the coolest tower or pedestal fan for you

If you’re looking for a way to avoid melting this summer, a fan could help. But with so many types on the market, how do you choose the best fan for your home?

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Power

Jaytee Thomas

Jaytee ThomasCentral Queensland, QLD

Smaller than i thought but good

Very directional, has to be pointing right at you to feel anything and it wont circulate air in the whole room like advertised (small bedroom). Is very painful to clean and vibrates which is noticable when it is on the computer desk, it is also very loud when on high.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Mister_E

Mister_ESydney, NSW

True air circulation from a fan! Yes you heard that right!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Bev

BevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Ever

I have had my Vornado for years. I recommended it to so many people that the store i mentioned actually sold out. Best investment ever. I had a small split system which did not cool down the house only one room. I put the Vornado on the floor in front of the split system. It was 40 degrees outside 25 inside. I know have ducted cooling which gets turned off and the Vornado goes on. We sleep with doonas on even when it is hot. Tip: Put the Vornado in front of an open window or door when the cool change comes in. It sucks in the cooler air and pushes it out to circulate in the room.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

BruceT

BruceTGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best purchase ever made.

This is the best purchase I ever made. I have it in the bedroom where there is no air-con and it cools the whole room down all day and night. It is quieter than most fans (on a low speed).The circulator is virtually silent and has multiple speeds to choose from. I absolutely love it and agreed there is nothing better than Vornado. The fan itself in a beautiful WHITE finish with a polished chrome slide to adjust the angle of the fan.
Recommend this fan for anyone wanting to keep cool this summer.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
James

JamesSydney, NSW

Fantastic fan

Super high powered and customisable. Very portable fan. Good design, looks fabulous in the room. Works every time to cool down the room. If you want a fan that will work forever and not break down within a couple of weeks, this fan is it. A quality fan for life!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Melvyn

MelvynPerth

Is not an ordinary fan, is a Super Fan!

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Jet B

Jet B

Another over-hyped, slick marketing gizmo that under performs.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
fanaticcook

fanaticcookGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

so impressed

thank you product review for helping me select the perfect fan for our unit. It seemed pricey, but it is not only compact, light and quiet, it also churns up an impressive airflow. it is truly a very powerful fan for the size, worth every cent that i have spent!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Amelia d

Amelia dSydney

Blows me away!

I am very satisfied with this fan, I had previously brought the size down which I am also satisfied with but I found rather loud.
I heard the larger fan was quieter and it definitely is! It also seems to move the air around the room better.
Love it, I also have a dyson fan and it just can't compare with the power this has.
The lack of ossiclation does not bother me.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

hypar

hyparBrisbane

Expensive but awesome

DeeSydney

Compact and powerful fan

Very happy with the Vornado 660 - it is compact and easy to position in my bedroom, on top of dressing table or chest of drawers or just as effective on the floor. It is not too noisy for the power it gives out. It was over $100 so not as cheap as other fans you can buy from hardware store but overall I am very happy with this fan.

Dee

Oops just looked at the box and My Vornado is not a 660 it is a 553. It is a great size for my bedroom .

desleigh

desleighRichmond-Tweed, NSW

LOVE THIS LITTLE POWERHOUSE!

I got this with a flybuys redemption and frankly, was a little skeptical when I unpacked it, that it could do the job. I was pleasantly surprised. It's very effective and also quiet. I've since bought another one for a larger room and it, also, is very good. Also there are no blades to cause injury. Perfect!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Chris4747

Chris4747SYDNEY

Great little fan - tad on the expensive side but very efficent.

After looking at the review of the Vornado I decide to try it out, our ceiling fans from hunter pacific failed again (will not change speed).
Vordano works well - good airflow and helps keeping the room a constant temperature. After buying one I went and brought another. On full power they can tend to be a bit noisy but as it can throw airflow over 20 meters you can position the fan away from other audio and still get the air flow benefit.

Rob_Biggs

Rob_BiggsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Forget The Rest This Is The Best!!! Excellent Excellent Excellent

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Buy Well

Buy WellNewcastle

Another product worth writing a review about

Abin

AbinIllawarra, NSW

Impressions after a month long use.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

So impressed I just ordered 2 more!

I live in a small stuffy, hot apartment on the east coast, where it is quite humid.
This fan is definately worth the money and I consider myself a tightarse.
I am super impressed with the way it cools the whole room, I'm positive the temperature drops. The space is much more comfortable.
Plus you can stand right in front of it for a blast of air if needed.
I bought from Ibuy, delivery was very prompt and the price was competitive.
I have just now ordered two more so I can have them in the bedroom and office.
I also really like the fresh white look. Living near the coast metal fans rust so I'm hoping and expecting this will hold it's looks.
I have already been recommending it to friends.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
LisaO
LisaO

A year on and I'm still happy with these fans. They push the air around way more than any other fan. They do create a breeze. Im still recommending them. They are money well spent.

shanexu3

shanexu3Perth, WA

Works great and has a five year warranty

Harry

HarryDee Why, NSW

Great fan

So happy I bought another of family member

Vey please with the Vornado 660 Living in the tropics it is very hot and humid this time of year. Cools my large kitchen with ease. Moved to bedroom at night as my AC was not coping with the humidity Best nights sleep in as long as I can remember Highly recommend this product, worth spending the extra dollars.

Liana Cortijo

Liana Cortijoasked

My vornado is not working. Where can I have it repaired? I live in pymble nsw
Lcortijo@gmail.Com

DanielC
DanielC

You CANNOT have it repaired. That's the whole issue with Vornado, they are only a box dropper but have NO service agents in Australia (as I got told via email by them in 12/2020). You may now throw your Vornado in the nearest bin and contribute to global pollution.

Anna L.

Anna L.asked

where is the vornado fan made? which country is it manufactured?

TMG
TMG

Made in China. But very well made.
I highly recommend .
Better than any other fan I have had, and I have many.

Cam G

Cam Gasked

Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with

baz
baz

Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room

Features:

• The Vornado 660 Air Circulator uses heavily contoured blades to churn the air into a column shape, which ultimately projects air further and helps keep everyone in the room cool
  • Four fan speeds allow you to adjust how gentle or powerful you’d prefer the airflow in a room, while a multi-directional airflow ensures all sections of the room are evenly cooled
  • A detachable grill allows for quick and easy cleaning
  • Its small, compact size is unobtrusive, and allows this standalone fan to be placed largely out of sight, without compromising on the quality of airflow.

Feedback from reviewers:

• According to reviewers, the most appealing quality of this Vornado model is that it’s a powerful fan that does what it claims and circulates air swiftly around a room
  • Sometimes reviewers found the fan to be too noisy to be left on throughout the night, while others found the noise level acceptable, if the fan is set on the lowest speed. Some even appreciated the white noise that the fan provided.
  • The Vornado 660 Air Circulator costs $259, which is a little pricey for a standalone fan. However, while reviewers acknowledged this, most also expressed that this fan was worth the money.
CategoryStandalone Fans