Don't believe the promises about its quietness. Even on the lowest setting the noise is too annoying to sleep with. Why are product manufacturers still allowed to lie about their product features. Money down the drain. Yes, it's well made. Yes the way it circulates air is clever. But the noise is horrible.
Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $120.00.
Noisy, useless, ugly, expensive.
OMG! I believed the hype. I'm such a fool. I followed the instructions exactly, nothing. Just a very very loud noise and very little air movement.
Lent it to my neighbour, same. Waste of money. It Maybe useful in America where everyone lives in completely enclosed houses or McMansions in Sydney that run completely on air conditioning but if you like an open window or door in summer, this fan will be absolutely useless. Do not buy. Do not buy. Do not buy.
Noisy and inefficient
I don't know what other reviewers are drinking to rate these fans so highly - probably they just want to justify the high price they paid.
These fans are well built, but hopeless to cool a room. They just push air in a narrow beam, making a lot of noise and there is no way on earth the will circulate the air across the whole room and you will feel any difference. If they oscillate, maybe.
I had the 660, in an average room. As per marketing material I placed it in a corner aiming upwards. Nothing. Just noise. If you stand in front of it yo...u can feel it ok, but it is a very narrow beam of air. I got my old 20cm fan that iscillates and was more effective to feel that cool breeze when it hits you. Much better to spend your money on a DC fan that can oscillate - cheaper to buy, cheaper to run (half as much), and actually effective.
Find out how Vornado 660 compares to other Standalone Fans
Know better, choose better.
Another over-hyped, slick marketing gizmo that under performs.
Very disappointed to say the least. After reading all the good reviews i took the $200 plunge but in reality i could have bought another $25 fan from Big W with exact same result (well at least the Big W one would oscillate and is quieter !!) Live in a small flat and the air flow with this is very under whelming, simply cannot see what all the fuss is about. My Big W $25 fan gave better overall air flow and automatically oscillated. $200 and no remote, no oscillation. Forever getting up to either change the direction of angle so can feel the ai...r or change the fan speed. After a couple months it needed cleaning....oh yeah right, if you have an hour or so to try and locate the screws to finally get the back cover off and is then incredibly hard to get all the built up dust off the blades in between and cover, a pain in the head !! Certainly got sucked in with the slick marketing for another over priced, slick marketed product. The USA makes some good products for sure but this ain't one of them - rather an over rated, under performing piece of plastic - someone is making some big bucks!!. Just buy a standard fan with oscillation function and forget wasting your hard earned bucks.
Questions & Answers
My vornado is not working. Where can I have it repaired? I live in pymble nsw
You CANNOT have it repaired. That's the whole issue with Vornado, they are only a box dropper but have NO service agents in Australia (as I got told via email by them in 12/2020). You may now throw your Vornado in the nearest bin and contribute to global pollution.
where is the vornado fan made? which country is it manufactured?
Made in China. But very well made.
I highly recommend .
Better than any other fan I have had, and I have many.
Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with
Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room
Get an answer from our members
- The Vornado 660 Air Circulator uses heavily contoured blades to churn the air into a column shape, which ultimately projects air further and helps keep everyone in the room cool
- Four fan speeds allow you to adjust how gentle or powerful you’d prefer the airflow in a room, while a multi-directional airflow ensures all sections of the room are evenly cooled
- A detachable grill allows for quick and easy cleaning
- Its small, compact size is unobtrusive, and allows this standalone fan to be placed largely out of sight, without compromising on the quality of airflow.
Feedback from reviewers:
- According to reviewers, the most appealing quality of this Vornado model is that it’s a powerful fan that does what it claims and circulates air swiftly around a room
- Sometimes reviewers found the fan to be too noisy to be left on throughout the night, while others found the noise level acceptable, if the fan is set on the lowest speed. Some even appreciated the white noise that the fan provided.
- The Vornado 660 Air Circulator costs $259, which is a little pricey for a standalone fan. However, while reviewers acknowledged this, most also expressed that this fan was worth the money.
|Number of Speed Settings||4|
|Cord Length||1.8 m|
|Dimensions||380 x 343 x 298 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||5 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Black or White|
|Number of Blades||3|
|Blade Diameter||258 mm|
- GTIN12: 043765005422, 043765006542 and 043765009093
Other Standalone Fans
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.