Vornado 660

Vornado 660 (page 2 of 5)

Fan Buying Guide - How to choose the coolest tower or pedestal fan for you

If you’re looking for a way to avoid melting this summer, a fan could help. But with so many types on the market, how do you choose the best fan for your home?

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Power

Love it

Seriously cannot recommend these fans highly enough. And this new model is brilliant - super quiet. Had to buy as my trusty Vornado 660 died after 8 years of heavy use. I have a small one for my office space too. This is my 6th or 7th since first using them in Bermuda a 40 years ago

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Crossrip
CrossripSydney, NSW

Best fan ever

Stevo
StevoAU

Love love love this fan

Got this fan for our babys room this summer as our only air con is far in the living room. Really feel the fan even when not blowing straight at you. Great for circulating the cool aircon air down the corridor to the baby room. Can't live without it, so much more powerful than any other fan

Joe
JoeHobart

Love it!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Fantastic Product

I purchased this fan from Costco North Lakes last month and have used it every day and night. The fan works perfectly as designed, so much more efficient than the pedestal fans and portable enough for me to take to the office and home again each day.
Initial outlay may be a wee bit high, but worth every penny.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Is the new ALDI Bladeless Air Purifier Fan better than the Dyson Pure Cool Desk Fan?

German retail giant ALDI is releasing a bladeless fan and air purifier, due to go on sale as part of its Special Buys program this Saturday 18th November.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.11 Nov 2020
is-the-new-aldi-bladeless-air-purifier-fan-better-than-the-dyson-pure-cool-desk-fan

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
bbsb007
bbsb007Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent fan, worth the cost with a 5 year warranty.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
ETphonehome
ETphonehomeMelbourne

Good small fan

We purchased 2 Vornado fans for our office as we don't have proper aircon. It provides good circulation and I like that it is able to tilt up to the ceiling. It is powerful and altho it is noisy but we don't pay attention to it. it is small and compact.

Ethann
EthannMelbourne

Awesome air circulator

I bought this air circulator after reading/watching so many reviews here and YouTube, etc. I was skeptical to give this circulator a try with our stuffy bedroom because (1) this is an expensive fan/circulator with its size (2) whether its noise can interrupt our sleep. However after using it for about a week now, I can confirm it worked far better than I expected. I placed it next to our window on hot days so we had fresh air intake and it worked like a treat. The circulator will only get noisy if you turn it on level 3 upward. Happy with my purchase and I am going to keep it!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

honest100
honest100

Vornado 660 is very noisy

Works well but too noisy when on full blast - at night it's like sleeping on an aeroplane. I have moved it out of the bedroom and replaced with a quieter fan. I only use it during the day now when there is other noise around although have to turn the TV up loud in order to hear it.

Es2ng66
Es2ng66Croydon, NSW

Surprisingly works better than our air-con

Carol H
Carol HMelbourne

Perfect fan

The fan is powerful and everyone who experienced it loves it. Its noise is not annoying and I have seen a friend using it to cover the noise from outside. Its selection of wind power can satisfy different needs. It doesn’t come with a remote control which is kinda inconvenient .

bestpili
bestpiliAdelaide

Love this Fan!

You get what you pay for and the vornado is money well spent. Four speed settings and fan blows air strongly once placed properly would make you feel there is a breeze inside the house. Initially had tower fans but after using the vornado for a couple of weeks, we had to replace our other fans in the house with vornado's. love this product

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Steve l
Steve lDandenong

Circulates air around the whole room!

This fan is small but powerful. It is able to circulate air around the whole room. You are able to feel air come from the other side of the room.
Its sound production is okay.
Not too loud but produces a sound you would except of a fan that is able to circulate air around the whole room.
Would like to see the fan have slower fan options as minimum speeds can be relatively high.

ChocolatePudding
ChocolatePuddingSydney, NSW

not great in an large open plan area

I have the smaller 633 Vornado and was impressed with how effectively it moved air around a small bedroom. I bought this larger 660 for an open plan living room and was disappointed. On the highest (and loudest) setting and with the fan pointed just so at the wall you may feel a small breeze. on the lowest setting it does literally nothing. You really need an enclosed area for this fan to work well at circulating air. If the air conditioner is on as well then this fan does a good job of pushing the cold air around but I think the smaller 633 would be just as good at this.

weebok15
weebok15Melbourne

Vornado the tornado!

This fan really lives up to its name. It creates a really strong and powerful fan speed, which is great for those warm days here in Victoria. It is easy to use and doesn't take up that much space. I was previously using a cheap fan previously, but this takes the cake.

Liana Cortijo
Liana Cortijoasked

My vornado is not working. Where can I have it repaired? I live in pymble nsw
Lcortijo@gmail.Com

DanielC
DanielC

You CANNOT have it repaired. That's the whole issue with Vornado, they are only a box dropper but have NO service agents in Australia (as I got told via email by them in 12/2020). You may now throw your Vornado in the nearest bin and contribute to global pollution.

Anna L.
Anna L.asked

where is the vornado fan made? which country is it manufactured?

TMG
TMG

Made in China. But very well made.
I highly recommend .
Better than any other fan I have had, and I have many.

Cam G
Cam Gasked

Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with

baz
baz

Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room

Features:

• The Vornado 660 Air Circulator uses heavily contoured blades to churn the air into a column shape, which ultimately projects air further and helps keep everyone in the room cool
  • Four fan speeds allow you to adjust how gentle or powerful you’d prefer the airflow in a room, while a multi-directional airflow ensures all sections of the room are evenly cooled
  • A detachable grill allows for quick and easy cleaning
  • Its small, compact size is unobtrusive, and allows this standalone fan to be placed largely out of sight, without compromising on the quality of airflow.

Feedback from reviewers:

• According to reviewers, the most appealing quality of this Vornado model is that it’s a powerful fan that does what it claims and circulates air swiftly around a room
  • Sometimes reviewers found the fan to be too noisy to be left on throughout the night, while others found the noise level acceptable, if the fan is set on the lowest speed. Some even appreciated the white noise that the fan provided.
  • The Vornado 660 Air Circulator costs $259, which is a little pricey for a standalone fan. However, while reviewers acknowledged this, most also expressed that this fan was worth the money.
CategoryStandalone Fans