Vornado 660

Vornado 660

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Vornado? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Power
Cathy
CathyNorth Queensland, QLD

Not a fan for inside a caravan

The vornado seems to just circulate hot air around my caravan drawing down the hot air that has risen towards the ceiling . I leave the windows open and roof vents open to let the hot air out. I Prefer my $12 fan blowing directly onto me which keeps me cooler! Only good if there is an aircon on cool in summer and on hot in the winter will this fam be useful. However, I bought the vornado as my aircon is not working !

DanielCSydney, NSW

Do not buy, you've been warned - when it dies, you will have to put it in the bin.

Don't get me wrong, the fan works very well and as advertised. It's the durability that I am rating. I bought mine 6 years ago and used it in anger for 3 as we moved into a house with air con. My mother asked me for a fan for her bedroom at the beginning of summer so I pulled it out and now it beeps and won't spin. And here's the BAD. I called Vornado to find a service agent, and they told me they had NONE! They just told me to call a sparky as if a sparky would have spare parts for the product of a company that has no service agent! So, sadly, I have to bin it. Best not to buy expensive Chinese products (though the company is American) I guess, keep buying the cheap.

Purchased in February 2014 at Harvey Norman for $189.00.

Other Standalone Fans

Jen
Jen

cheap control switch

Good air force and output, but poor quality material meant plastic on the interior of small control switch snapped so impossible to adjust the dial and speed. Had to throw it out after 12 months. More junk destined for landfill. Unlike my Dimplex box fan which has lasted more than 20 years!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Standalone Fans

Find out how Vornado 660 compares to other Standalone Fans

Liana Cortijo
Liana Cortijoasked

My vornado is not working. Where can I have it repaired? I live in pymble nsw
Lcortijo@gmail.Com

DanielC

You CANNOT have it repaired. That's the whole issue with Vornado, they are only a box dropper but have NO service agents in Australia (as I got told via email by them in 12/2020). You may now throw your Vornado in the nearest bin and contribute to global pollution.

Anna L.
Anna L.asked

where is the vornado fan made? which country is it manufactured?

TMG
TMG

Made in China. But very well made.
I highly recommend .
Better than any other fan I have had, and I have many.

Cam G
Cam Gasked

Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with

baz
baz

Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room

Features:

• The Vornado 660 Air Circulator uses heavily contoured blades to churn the air into a column shape, which ultimately projects air further and helps keep everyone in the room cool
  • Four fan speeds allow you to adjust how gentle or powerful you’d prefer the airflow in a room, while a multi-directional airflow ensures all sections of the room are evenly cooled
  • A detachable grill allows for quick and easy cleaning
  • Its small, compact size is unobtrusive, and allows this standalone fan to be placed largely out of sight, without compromising on the quality of airflow.

Feedback from reviewers:

• According to reviewers, the most appealing quality of this Vornado model is that it’s a powerful fan that does what it claims and circulates air swiftly around a room
  • Sometimes reviewers found the fan to be too noisy to be left on throughout the night, while others found the noise level acceptable, if the fan is set on the lowest speed. Some even appreciated the white noise that the fan provided.
  • The Vornado 660 Air Circulator costs $259, which is a little pricey for a standalone fan. However, while reviewers acknowledged this, most also expressed that this fan was worth the money.
CategoryStandalone Fans