Not a fan for inside a caravan
The vornado seems to just circulate hot air around my caravan drawing down the hot air that has risen towards the ceiling . I leave the windows open and roof vents open to let the hot air out. I Prefer my $12 fan blowing directly onto me which keeps me cooler! Only good if there is an aircon on cool in summer and on hot in the winter will this fam be useful. However, I bought the vornado as my aircon is not working !
Do not buy, you've been warned - when it dies, you will have to put it in the bin.
Don't get me wrong, the fan works very well and as advertised. It's the durability that I am rating. I bought mine 6 years ago and used it in anger for 3 as we moved into a house with air con. My mother asked me for a fan for her bedroom at the beginning of summer so I pulled it out and now it beeps and won't spin. And here's the BAD. I called Vornado to find a service agent, and they told me they had NONE! They just told me to call a sparky as if a sparky would have spare parts for the product of a company that has no service agent! So, sadly, I have to bin it. Best not to buy expensive Chinese products (though the company is American) I guess, keep buying the cheap.
Purchased in February 2014 at Harvey Norman for $189.00.
cheap control switch
Good air force and output, but poor quality material meant plastic on the interior of small control switch snapped so impossible to adjust the dial and speed. Had to throw it out after 12 months. More junk destined for landfill. Unlike my Dimplex box fan which has lasted more than 20 years!
Find out how Vornado 660 compares to other Standalone Fans
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
My vornado is not working. Where can I have it repaired? I live in pymble nsw
You CANNOT have it repaired. That's the whole issue with Vornado, they are only a box dropper but have NO service agents in Australia (as I got told via email by them in 12/2020). You may now throw your Vornado in the nearest bin and contribute to global pollution.
where is the vornado fan made? which country is it manufactured?
Made in China. But very well made.
I highly recommend .
Better than any other fan I have had, and I have many.
Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with
Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room
Get an answer from our members
- The Vornado 660 Air Circulator uses heavily contoured blades to churn the air into a column shape, which ultimately projects air further and helps keep everyone in the room cool
- Four fan speeds allow you to adjust how gentle or powerful you’d prefer the airflow in a room, while a multi-directional airflow ensures all sections of the room are evenly cooled
- A detachable grill allows for quick and easy cleaning
- Its small, compact size is unobtrusive, and allows this standalone fan to be placed largely out of sight, without compromising on the quality of airflow.
Feedback from reviewers:
- According to reviewers, the most appealing quality of this Vornado model is that it’s a powerful fan that does what it claims and circulates air swiftly around a room
- Sometimes reviewers found the fan to be too noisy to be left on throughout the night, while others found the noise level acceptable, if the fan is set on the lowest speed. Some even appreciated the white noise that the fan provided.
- The Vornado 660 Air Circulator costs $259, which is a little pricey for a standalone fan. However, while reviewers acknowledged this, most also expressed that this fan was worth the money.
|Number of Speed Settings||4|
|Cord Length||1.8 m|
|Dimensions||380 x 343 x 298 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||5 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Black or White|
|Number of Blades||3|
|Blade Diameter||258 mm|
- GTIN12: 043765005422, 043765006542 and 043765009093
Other Standalone Fans
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.