Its just a fan, nothing amazing
Purchased the vornado 660 today, 15/12/2020 from Harvey Norman for 200$. Down from 259.
Our aircon has broken and we are not able to get a repairman in until jan 2021 and its upper north Queensland so it is darn hot and humid. So we went out too purchase a fan. After researching online and all the good reviews we decided on the vornado.
This fan is no different too a 50$ fan from big w or kmart. It does not cool the whole room. It does what a fan does there is no breakthrough technology and it is way overpriced. It is a fan it works and if u ...sit near it you will feel cool air. But any fan does this, it is not any special or different. It is not silent the noise is the same as a regular fan. Regret spending 200$ on this when could have gone too bunnings and got an industrial fan, which would have been more powerful.
Good small fan
We purchased 2 Vornado fans for our office as we don't have proper aircon. It provides good circulation and I like that it is able to tilt up to the ceiling. It is powerful and altho it is noisy but we don't pay attention to it. it is small and compact.
Vornado 660 is very noisy
Works well but too noisy when on full blast - at night it's like sleeping on an aeroplane. I have moved it out of the bedroom and replaced with a quieter fan. I only use it during the day now when there is other noise around although have to turn the TV up loud in order to hear it.
Find out how Vornado 660 compares to other Standalone Fans
Know better, choose better.
not great in an large open plan area
I have the smaller 633 Vornado and was impressed with how effectively it moved air around a small bedroom. I bought this larger 660 for an open plan living room and was disappointed. On the highest (and loudest) setting and with the fan pointed just so at the wall you may feel a small breeze. on the lowest setting it does literally nothing. You really need an enclosed area for this fan to work well at circulating air. If the air conditioner is on as well then this fan does a good job of pushing the cold air around but I think the smaller 633 would be just as good at this.
OK but it's not quiet
The power of the fan is okay, it is short, so you need to sit it on a bench. However it is moderately noisy, I can't hear the TV with the fan nearby. I bought it because I thought it looked better than the old style floor standing fans and it was cheaper than the Dyson. Maybe I should've paid more to get a Dyson. It is black, so it doesn't look too out of place in the dining room.
Questions & Answers
My vornado is not working. Where can I have it repaired? I live in pymble nsw
You CANNOT have it repaired. That's the whole issue with Vornado, they are only a box dropper but have NO service agents in Australia (as I got told via email by them in 12/2020). You may now throw your Vornado in the nearest bin and contribute to global pollution.
where is the vornado fan made? which country is it manufactured?
Made in China. But very well made.
I highly recommend .
Better than any other fan I have had, and I have many.
Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with
Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room
Get an answer from our members
- The Vornado 660 Air Circulator uses heavily contoured blades to churn the air into a column shape, which ultimately projects air further and helps keep everyone in the room cool
- Four fan speeds allow you to adjust how gentle or powerful you’d prefer the airflow in a room, while a multi-directional airflow ensures all sections of the room are evenly cooled
- A detachable grill allows for quick and easy cleaning
- Its small, compact size is unobtrusive, and allows this standalone fan to be placed largely out of sight, without compromising on the quality of airflow.
Feedback from reviewers:
- According to reviewers, the most appealing quality of this Vornado model is that it’s a powerful fan that does what it claims and circulates air swiftly around a room
- Sometimes reviewers found the fan to be too noisy to be left on throughout the night, while others found the noise level acceptable, if the fan is set on the lowest speed. Some even appreciated the white noise that the fan provided.
- The Vornado 660 Air Circulator costs $259, which is a little pricey for a standalone fan. However, while reviewers acknowledged this, most also expressed that this fan was worth the money.
|Number of Speed Settings||4|
|Cord Length||1.8 m|
|Dimensions||380 x 343 x 298 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||5 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Black or White|
|Number of Blades||3|
|Blade Diameter||258 mm|
- GTIN12: 043765005422, 043765006542 and 043765009093
Other Standalone Fans
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.