Vornado 660

Vornado 660

Fan Buying Guide - How to choose the coolest tower or pedestal fan for you

If you’re looking for a way to avoid melting this summer, a fan could help. But with so many types on the market, how do you choose the best fan for your home?

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Adsman90

Adsman90North Queensland, QLD

Its just a fan, nothing amazing

Noise Level
ETphonehome

ETphonehomeMelbourne

Good small fan

We purchased 2 Vornado fans for our office as we don't have proper aircon. It provides good circulation and I like that it is able to tilt up to the ceiling. It is powerful and altho it is noisy but we don't pay attention to it. it is small and compact.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
honest100

honest100

Vornado 660 is very noisy

Works well but too noisy when on full blast - at night it's like sleeping on an aeroplane. I have moved it out of the bedroom and replaced with a quieter fan. I only use it during the day now when there is other noise around although have to turn the TV up loud in order to hear it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Standalone Fans

Find out how Vornado 660 compares to other Standalone Fans

ChocolatePudding

ChocolatePuddingSydney, NSW

not great in an large open plan area

I have the smaller 633 Vornado and was impressed with how effectively it moved air around a small bedroom. I bought this larger 660 for an open plan living room and was disappointed. On the highest (and loudest) setting and with the fan pointed just so at the wall you may feel a small breeze. on the lowest setting it does literally nothing. You really need an enclosed area for this fan to work well at circulating air. If the air conditioner is on as well then this fan does a good job of pushing the cold air around but I think the smaller 633 would be just as good at this.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Janet

JanetSouth East Queensland, QLD

OK but it's not quiet

The power of the fan is okay, it is short, so you need to sit it on a bench. However it is moderately noisy, I can't hear the TV with the fan nearby. I bought it because I thought it looked better than the old style floor standing fans and it was cheaper than the Dyson. Maybe I should've paid more to get a Dyson. It is black, so it doesn't look too out of place in the dining room.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Liana Cortijo

Liana Cortijoasked

My vornado is not working. Where can I have it repaired? I live in pymble nsw
Lcortijo@gmail.Com

DanielC
DanielC

You CANNOT have it repaired. That's the whole issue with Vornado, they are only a box dropper but have NO service agents in Australia (as I got told via email by them in 12/2020). You may now throw your Vornado in the nearest bin and contribute to global pollution.

Anna L.

Anna L.asked

where is the vornado fan made? which country is it manufactured?

TMG
TMG

Made in China. But very well made.
I highly recommend .
Better than any other fan I have had, and I have many.

Cam G

Cam Gasked

Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with

baz
baz

Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room

Features:

• The Vornado 660 Air Circulator uses heavily contoured blades to churn the air into a column shape, which ultimately projects air further and helps keep everyone in the room cool
  • Four fan speeds allow you to adjust how gentle or powerful you’d prefer the airflow in a room, while a multi-directional airflow ensures all sections of the room are evenly cooled
  • A detachable grill allows for quick and easy cleaning
  • Its small, compact size is unobtrusive, and allows this standalone fan to be placed largely out of sight, without compromising on the quality of airflow.

Feedback from reviewers:

• According to reviewers, the most appealing quality of this Vornado model is that it’s a powerful fan that does what it claims and circulates air swiftly around a room
  • Sometimes reviewers found the fan to be too noisy to be left on throughout the night, while others found the noise level acceptable, if the fan is set on the lowest speed. Some even appreciated the white noise that the fan provided.
  • The Vornado 660 Air Circulator costs $259, which is a little pricey for a standalone fan. However, while reviewers acknowledged this, most also expressed that this fan was worth the money.
CategoryStandalone Fans