VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum VSC1600A

VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum VSC1600A

MPN: VSC1600A

See the Best Hair Stylers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Even I can use this!

A great idea and very easy to use! I had tried this sort of product before and got good results, the first time I tried this product though, tangles galore! A tad frustrating before I got the hang of it, after that it was simple and effective! The partitioning of the hair was the toughest part but if you call in a friend, easy peasy. The buttons are placed in an awkward position as I turned it off mid curl a few times and the first time the curls did not stay in at all. Practice makes perfect!

Purchased in November 2019 for $129.99.

First I was afraid....

I was scared at first but the tutorial made it looks so easy and it was!
my hair is thin, so it definitely gave me the curls I needed for the extra volume look.

Purchased in November 2019 for $129.95.

Victoria M.

Victoria M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fast, easy, room for improvement.

Sarah

SarahSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Good, but not great

I have found the VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum easy to use, but find it takes longer than my straightener does to curl my hair. Its slightly heavier to hold too, and with the heavier curling end, it hurts my wrist to hold it for too long.

The curls it produces are great, but I prefer my existing straightener.

Sophie C.

Sophie C.Sydney, NSW

Fabulous curls

I love using this to curl my hair for events, but it does take a long time as I have long hair. It creates perfect curls every time which I love, and will be helpful when I'm practicing to get the natural waves look.

Purchased in November 2019 for $129.99.

Lauren R

Lauren RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use!

I've never been good at styling my hair but the Curl Secret definitely makes it easier for me. I ended up with beautiful salon looking curls without leaving the house. I won't lie, my hair did get tangled a few times and I think it takes practice to get it right, but once you do you won't be disappointed. I was impressed with how long my curls lasted as well - they hardly dropped all night. I think the secret is not putting too much hair in, less is definitely more with this tool. I think if you're a hair pro you will find this SO easy to use. For me it will take some getting used to but I think once I've mastered it it will take me no time at all. I like the fact you can't burn yourself too!

Zkane

ZkaneMid North Coast, NSW

Game changer

I think its so good if your not good at using a straightener like me and so much quicker and did get a few tangles but managed to get the out, it has 3 settings for 3 different curls and beeps when each curl is finished overall its a great product

Kirra C.

Kirra C.South East Queensland, QLD

Love it

I find it's nice and smooth to use. there's no finger burning, or hair ripping. The curl secret optimum gave me the curls I wanted with ease. I've never used a curler and was super excited to be able to try this one.

Cindy D.

Cindy D.Sydney, NSW

I like it! Good for an amateur like me

CJM

CJMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Game changer!

Super easy to style and form relaxed curls I would try with my straightener previously.
I was skeptical at first but it truly works wonders and in half the time! Love it.

Hair Style Curly

Perfect for people who don't know how to curl their hair with a straightener

I found the best results when using the vs sasson curl secret optimum a couple of days after washing my hair, the curls stayed well and I was able to style my hair the way I like.
I was pretty nervous about using the product for the first time because I was worried my hair would jam or get caught but once I got the hang of it I had no problems at all.
I found that it left my hair pretty soft any shiny which was a nice difference to when I normally curl my hair.
The only downfalls I would have are the weight - I found it was quite heavy to hold up for longer periods of time and the time it took to curl my hair.
I think this is the perfect product for people who do not know how to curl their hair using a straightener!

Chase

Chase

Wow! Amazing picture perfect curls

oh wow! usually these things look easy on the videos and not in reality but this was super easy to use and the curls were perfect! I will admit I was skeptical but the first try and my curl was picture perfect. so exciting !
I would highly recommend this product to anyone and everyone.

Kimmy

KimmyIllawarra, NSW

Omg my 5 year old loves that I can curl her hair in a matter of minutes

love the VS Sassoon curl secret its so quick and easy to use ,
My daughter loves that we can do this together and have matching hair
would love to know if there is a tip for keeping the curls lasting longer

Nutz

Nutz

Not great for thick hair

I have long thick hair and it took me about an hour to curl it all. My hair regularly got stuck and due to it getting stuck then burned it or broke it. In order to avoid my hair getting stuck I had to feef in sections very thin.
on a positive note I am loving my long curly hair. It looks amazing.

arukas

arukasSydney, NSW

No hair curler can be this easy to us.

VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum is so easy to use. Just need to simple place a small amount of hair through the guide, and clamp down and the hair is automatically drawn inside into a heated curl chamber.
There are also beeping sounds which will tell you when the curl is ready. Once ready you just simply open to release a perfect curl.
The heat is also adjustable.
I have been using the flat iron to curl my hair, but this product is so easy and quick to curl your hair. It is definitely better than trying to curl with a flat iron.

Kirsten

KirstenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not great for long hair

At first I was so nervous to use this product as my hair is long and thought it may get tangled which to my suprise it didn't. I loved that once i got used to using the curl secret it was really simple and easy. However because my hair is so long I found that my hair would only effectively curl at the 220 degree setting and even then the ends were not overly curled. I had to run it back through some of the ends. I would definitely recommend the curl secret but more so to friends that have short hair.

Happy_Fifi

Happy_FifiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect for people who dont have time to fuss about learning to style their hair!

I love this product. I have extremely thick hair and usually resort to straightening it but the VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum has given me excitement about upcoming events as it is so easy to use and didnt take too long with thick hair. I had used a friends earlier model and thought it was great but this one with temperature control and different curl types is amazing! With thick hair I need higher temps on my straightener so this feature is impressive. So easy to get salon styled hair from home and no technical experience or prior curling experience required. totally in love with the product!

Purchased in November 2019 for $129.00.

Phoebe

PhoebeSydney, NSW

Great Product Once You Know How

Hair Length Short

Dont even bother

It doesnt work. The curls are not the same, there is a vast difference in each one. Frizz is not controlled. If I had of purchased this I would have returned it ASAP. Honestly Id be better off sleeping in hair rollers for a better finish. A child could have curled my hair better. The packaging was the best part and it was terrible. It looks like something from the 1990s. I have nothing positive to say about this product. The operating buttons are placed in the exact spot you need to hold the product which is ridiculous. The product is a waste of time, money and space.

Tam

Tam

The perfect hair curler, what every lady needs

the VS Sassoon curl secret Optimum curler is amazing! It is so easy to use , with clear instructions on the box and does the curls completes quickly and neat. It was perfect to curl my medium length hair as well as curl my daughters long thick hair. I was able to curl our hair in half the time compared to using another method.

Hair Style Curly