VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum VSC1600A

VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum VSC1600A

MPN: VSC1600A

• Hair Length Medium (19), Long (16) and Short (3)
  • Hair Style Straight (22), Wavy (12) and Curly (4)
  • Hair Care
Shannon Anderson

Shannon AndersonPerth, WA

Absolute waste of money

I followed the instructions and watched videos to ensure I was using correctly. It did not curl, time consuming, difficult to use. Would give it a 0 if I could

Purchased in July 2020 at Target Australia for A$120.00.

Renee

ReneeCanberra 2600, ACT

Quick easy & heaps of volume

I was sent this device to review. The device heated up super quickly and was no fuss to use. It took the same amount of time to curl my hair as a normal straightener which I was surprised by, I thought it would have taken longer. I liked being able to choose looser curls as I was worried it may make my hair look too ringlety but it didnt at all.
It also gave my hair heaps of volume!

Purchased in December 2019.

Lee

Lee

Surprisingly easy to use!

This curler is amazing! It takes the hard work out of trying to get the perfect curls and it’s so easy to use. Looks like I just got my hair professionally done! I was hesitant at first because of the way it works, but after watching some youtube videos I learned how to use it and it's so easy. Love it!

Hair Stylers

Find out how VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum VSC1600A compares to other Hair Stylers

Mez27

Mez27Sydney, NSW

Not overly impressed

I was not overly impressed with the Vs Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum after receiving it to trial. You can only curl small sections at a time which I found time consuming. Even then the curls weren't consistent in appearance and did not hold well. This might be due to the fact that I have bleached hair and the settings needed to be on low to avoid damaging the hair. I was also disappointed that my hair did not feel "smooth" as described in the advertising. I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone as I didn't feel it was worth the effort it took to use it. I was happy however with how light it felt and how compact it was.

Victoria F.

Victoria F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing curler

This product intrigued me. I wanted to have lovely curls but the hair being sucked into the curler did worry me at first. I was proven wrong. It was so easy to use, I only had two small sections get a bit caught and it was user error. Easy to get loose and redo that section. I found it easy to use and it gave such fabulous curls that lasted all day. I cant wait to use it again!

Purchased in October 2019.

Great Curler

Great curler! bit time consuming if you have thick hair like I do as you can only put a small bit of hair in at the time. great results though!

Even I can use this!

A great idea and very easy to use! I had tried this sort of product before and got good results, the first time I tried this product though, tangles galore! A tad frustrating before I got the hang of it, after that it was simple and effective! The partitioning of the hair was the toughest part but if you call in a friend, easy peasy. The buttons are placed in an awkward position as I turned it off mid curl a few times and the first time the curls did not stay in at all. Practice makes perfect!

Purchased in November 2019 for A$129.99.

First I was afraid....

I was scared at first but the tutorial made it looks so easy and it was!
my hair is thin, so it definitely gave me the curls I needed for the extra volume look.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$129.95.

Victoria M.

Victoria M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fast, easy, room for improvement.

Sarah

SarahSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Good, but not great

I have found the VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum easy to use, but find it takes longer than my straightener does to curl my hair. Its slightly heavier to hold too, and with the heavier curling end, it hurts my wrist to hold it for too long.

The curls it produces are great, but I prefer my existing straightener.

Sophie C.

Sophie C.Sydney, NSW

Fabulous curls

I love using this to curl my hair for events, but it does take a long time as I have long hair. It creates perfect curls every time which I love, and will be helpful when I'm practicing to get the natural waves look.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$129.99.

Lauren R

Lauren RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use!

I've never been good at styling my hair but the Curl Secret definitely makes it easier for me. I ended up with beautiful salon looking curls without leaving the house. I won't lie, my hair did get tangled a few times and I think it takes practice to get it right, but once you do you won't be disappointed. I was impressed with how long my curls lasted as well - they hardly dropped all night. I think the secret is not putting too much hair in, less is definitely more with this tool. I think if you're a hair pro you will find this SO easy to use. For me it will take some getting used to but I think once I've mastered it it will take me no time at all. I like the fact you can't burn yourself too!

Zkane

ZkaneMid North Coast, NSW

Game changer

I think its so good if your not good at using a straightener like me and so much quicker and did get a few tangles but managed to get the out, it has 3 settings for 3 different curls and beeps when each curl is finished overall its a great product

Kirra C.

Kirra C.South East Queensland, QLD

Love it

I find it's nice and smooth to use. there's no finger burning, or hair ripping. The curl secret optimum gave me the curls I wanted with ease. I've never used a curler and was super excited to be able to try this one.

Cindy D.

Cindy D.Sydney, NSW

I like it! Good for an amateur like me

CJM

CJMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Game changer!

Super easy to style and form relaxed curls I would try with my straightener previously.
I was skeptical at first but it truly works wonders and in half the time! Love it.

Hair StyleCurly

Perfect for people who don't know how to curl their hair with a straightener

I found the best results when using the vs sasson curl secret optimum a couple of days after washing my hair, the curls stayed well and I was able to style my hair the way I like.
I was pretty nervous about using the product for the first time because I was worried my hair would jam or get caught but once I got the hang of it I had no problems at all.
I found that it left my hair pretty soft any shiny which was a nice difference to when I normally curl my hair.
The only downfalls I would have are the weight - I found it was quite heavy to hold up for longer periods of time and the time it took to curl my hair.
I think this is the perfect product for people who do not know how to curl their hair using a straightener!

Chase

Chase

Wow! Amazing picture perfect curls

oh wow! usually these things look easy on the videos and not in reality but this was super easy to use and the curls were perfect! I will admit I was skeptical but the first try and my curl was picture perfect. so exciting !
I would highly recommend this product to anyone and everyone.

Kimmy

KimmyIllawarra, NSW

Omg my 5 year old loves that I can curl her hair in a matter of minutes

love the VS Sassoon curl secret its so quick and easy to use ,
My daughter loves that we can do this together and have matching hair
would love to know if there is a tip for keeping the curls lasting longer

Nutz

Nutz

Not great for thick hair

I have long thick hair and it took me about an hour to curl it all. My hair regularly got stuck and due to it getting stuck then burned it or broke it. In order to avoid my hair getting stuck I had to feef in sections very thin.
on a positive note I am loving my long curly hair. It looks amazing.