MPN: VSC1600A
See the Best Hair Stylers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by VS Sassoon

Pros

• Three auto-curl settings

• Easy to use

• Fairly affordable at $129.95

Cons

• Can be time consuming to curl long hair

• Hair Length Short (3), Medium (21) and Long (16)
  • Hair Style Straight (23), Wavy (13) and Curly (4)
  • Hair Care

DDsouza
DDsouzaSydney, NSW

The worst product to own

Bought it thinking I could use it for curling my hair. A total waste of money. Hair gets entangled every time you use it and it's very frustrating. Please don't purchase it.

Purchased in December 2019 at Shaver Shop Physical store.

Terrible Device

Not recommended for people with thin hair or people who have hair problems. My hair is shoulder length and this device only allows you to curl very small section and if you put too much, it gets tangled. A lot of my hair has fallen off and been stuck in the device. The curls definitely did not last for an hour, and inconsistent curls. I gave my sister to try and she has straight healthy hair, we've tried every method and position and it did not provide any curls except a wave even with the highest settings. Curling Wand does a better job, went to get an exchange for a curling wand the next day.

Purchased in December 2020 for $104.00.

Shannon Anderson
Shannon AndersonPerth, WA

Absolute waste of money

I followed the instructions and watched videos to ensure I was using correctly. It did not curl, time consuming, difficult to use. Would give it a 0 if I could

Purchased in July 2020 at Target Australia for $120.00.

Hair Stylers

Find out how VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum VSC1600A compares to other Hair Stylers

Renee
ReneeCanberra 2600, ACT

Quick easy & heaps of volume

I was sent this device to review. The device heated up super quickly and was no fuss to use. It took the same amount of time to curl my hair as a normal straightener which I was surprised by, I thought it would have taken longer. I liked being able to choose looser curls as I was worried it may make my hair look too ringlety but it didnt at all.
It also gave my hair heaps of volume!

Purchased in December 2019.

Lee
Lee

Surprisingly easy to use!

This curler is amazing! It takes the hard work out of trying to get the perfect curls and it’s so easy to use. Looks like I just got my hair professionally done! I was hesitant at first because of the way it works, but after watching some youtube videos I learned how to use it and it's so easy. Love it!

Mez27
Mez27Sydney, NSW

Not overly impressed

I was not overly impressed with the Vs Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum after receiving it to trial. You can only curl small sections at a time which I found time consuming. Even then the curls weren't consistent in appearance and did not hold well. This might be due to the fact that I have bleached hair and the settings needed to be on low to avoid damaging the hair. I was also disappointed that my hair did not feel "smooth" as described in the advertising. I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone as I didn't feel it was worth the effort it took to use it. I was happy however with how light it felt and how compact it was.

Hair Care

Victoria F.
Victoria F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing curler

This product intrigued me. I wanted to have lovely curls but the hair being sucked into the curler did worry me at first. I was proven wrong. It was so easy to use, I only had two small sections get a bit caught and it was user error. Easy to get loose and redo that section. I found it easy to use and it gave such fabulous curls that lasted all day. I cant wait to use it again!

Purchased in October 2019.

Great Curler

Great curler! bit time consuming if you have thick hair like I do as you can only put a small bit of hair in at the time. great results though!

Purchased in November 2019.

Even I can use this!

A great idea and very easy to use! I had tried this sort of product before and got good results, the first time I tried this product though, tangles galore! A tad frustrating before I got the hang of it, after that it was simple and effective! The partitioning of the hair was the toughest part but if you call in a friend, easy peasy. The buttons are placed in an awkward position as I turned it off mid curl a few times and the first time the curls did not stay in at all. Practice makes perfect!

Purchased in November 2019 for $129.99.

First I was afraid....

I was scared at first but the tutorial made it looks so easy and it was!
my hair is thin, so it definitely gave me the curls I needed for the extra volume look.

Purchased in November 2019 for $129.95.

Victoria M.
Victoria M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fast, easy, room for improvement.

Hair Care
Hair Length Long
Hair Style Straight

Sarah
SarahSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Good, but not great

I have found the VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum easy to use, but find it takes longer than my straightener does to curl my hair. Its slightly heavier to hold too, and with the heavier curling end, it hurts my wrist to hold it for too long.

The curls it produces are great, but I prefer my existing straightener.

Sophie C.
Sophie C.Sydney, NSW

Fabulous curls

I love using this to curl my hair for events, but it does take a long time as I have long hair. It creates perfect curls every time which I love, and will be helpful when I'm practicing to get the natural waves look.

Purchased in November 2019 for $129.99.

Lauren R
Lauren RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use!

I've never been good at styling my hair but the Curl Secret definitely makes it easier for me. I ended up with beautiful salon looking curls without leaving the house. I won't lie, my hair did get tangled a few times and I think it takes practice to get it right, but once you do you won't be disappointed. I was impressed with how long my curls lasted as well - they hardly dropped all night. I think the secret is not putting too much hair in, less is definitely more with this tool. I think if you're a hair pro you will find this SO easy to use. For me it will take some getting used to but I think once I've mastered it it will take me no time at all. I like the fact you can't burn yourself too!

Zkane
ZkaneMid North Coast, NSW

Game changer

I think its so good if your not good at using a straightener like me and so much quicker and did get a few tangles but managed to get the out, it has 3 settings for 3 different curls and beeps when each curl is finished overall its a great product

Purchased in November 2019.

Read more reviews - page 2See all VS Sassoon Curl Secret Series reviews

Sorry, there are no questions about VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum VSC1600A but you can read 34 questions about VS Sassoon Curl Secret Series.

Get an answer from our members and VS Sassoon representatives

Features:

• Three curl settings let you choose between three types of curls – 'sophisticated' (loose curls); 'natural' (medium curls); and 'romantic' (tight curls)
  • Six heat settings range from 180°C or 230°C, which is a hotter baseline temperature than other curling appliances. You can also choose how long you’d like your curl to be styled for – 8, 10 or 12 seconds.

Points of praise for the VS Sassoon Curl Secret Optimum:

• Reviewers reported that the results of this automatic curler often involved salon-quality curls
  • Quick and easy to use (for shorter hair) this automatic curler was praised for its efficiency
  • The customisable curl settings were a popular inclusion for many reviewers
  • While a number of reviewers were a little apprehensive about using this automatic curler, they reported that after a bit of trial and error, it was fairly easy to get the hang of using it
  • As the heating element is contained inside the barrel, it doesn’t make contact with fingers, which offered a safety measure that reviewers appreciated.
Compare all 3 VS Sassoon Curl Secret Series