Vtech CLS15552 (3 Handset)

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Terrible phone

I still have no answer to the voicemails not registering on the 2nd and 3rd handsets. For a big company is slow to correct what should be a basic problem and I can find nothing in the instructions to rectify this problem. On line inquiries merely direct you to some tech who wants money. Not good.
Ken S.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Not a good choice for a reliable practical phone

Yep it looks great .. but :-

16 hours on charge and all 3 remote telephones on this system are only showing 1 bar of battery level... or in other words flat.

Upon testing :- The base station only starts to ring once the caller has heard the second ring on the call. The remote stations only start to ring after the caller has heard the 3rd or 4th rings on the call.
That leaves only 2 or 3 rings for you to run and answer either of the remote phones before the answering system takes the call.

Not recommended.
Ours is going back to JB today.

If you are only buying 1 base station of this brand with no remote phones then it may be fine. other than that save yourself the trouble- maybe look at a more well known brand.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Don't waste your money or time

The worst phone I have ever owned. Why manufacture and put a phone on the market that just doesn't work. What a waste of money. The reception is horrible, there is always interference. Even though it has a boost button, that does no justice either. Since I can't understand the person on the other end, nor they can understand me, I have to use my mobile phone, which is getting too be expensive. What a waste of time and money, absolutely rubbish!!! I'm very disappointed!!!!!

Appalling quality control

I have just returned this 3-handset system and obtained a full refund. There were no fewer than four faults with the system: My recorded message was overridden halfway through by the default message; messages sent to the phone were not recorded by the answering machine; attempting to leave a message was affected by massive echo/distortion; one handset periodically ceased to function, registering "out of range" - it was eight metres from the base, with no interfering devices . To add insult to injury, the "helpline" did not operate at 1230 pm on a working day. a brand I shall never re-visit. How do I give it no stars at all?

Great phone except for phone book

Hi we recently purchased this phone to replace an old telstra set that were affected by a lightning strike, great on everything and clear. The big downside for us is that each handset has an independent contact phone book so if you need the contacts in the other handsets they need to be manually keyed and also stops them identifying known numbers where there not on a handset.This really needs to be an option in future models.

Excellent Cordless Phone & Answerer

Edit: 3 years on the displays on 2 of the 3 handsets have 'faded' and are all but unusable. One maybe, but two suggests a quality problem. Was 5 stars, now 3. I returned a Uniden that I rated as terrible and found this one. The 15550 phone and answering machine are clear, has good range, the menus are reasonably intuitive, and we are very happy with the product. Each handset can be individually customisable with naming and rings. The keys light up. I have some hearing loss and my previous Panasonic had to be in speakerphone mode for me to understand a conversation; the Uniden was terrible; this one I can hear very well even without the "volume boost" feature. It can pair to answer 1 mobile phone.

The nits - the key lighting is orange and the charge light bright red - nothing subtle; the button press has a curious tactile feel from being clear plastic and having a lot of travel; the ring sound on the base is limited to 4 electronic patterns while the handsets have a much wider and decent array including some melodies to choose from.

I would recommend this one to anyone, and especially to those with hearing difficulties.

Date PurchasedMay 2015