Vtech 16650

Vtech 16650

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

You get what you pay for.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

LDNSouth East Queensland, QLD

An unfortunate purchase

Lee4545Perth, WA

Very poor product.

I have had this phone for approximately 18 months now. The ring tones on the second handset are very quiet, which is a problem for my wife. The date is ok but the time changes all the time. I know this is a cheap entry model, but it should work correctly. The actual phone looks great, which is why I bought it in the first place. I would highly recommend ANYTHING else.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Frank&Estelle

Frank&EstelleHunter Region, NSW

A phone we cant live with...

Poor design
Cannot hook hand set under ones ear on shoulder. Picture button clear covers fall out. Buttons feel cheap.
Very complicated to transfer call between handsets. If you pick up a call a corded base cannot easily just pickup on cordless handset. When you silence corded base unit so the ringing does wake you due to my night shift day sleep, the screening and message still sounds thru corded base unit, wth????
I hate this phone!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Useless

I am not certain when I bought it (from Office Works). It is useless, since while some calls come through, I have found that many do not. Often there is no opportunity given to the caller to leave a message. It is just useless. (The choice of 8 softly recorded ring tones did not help from the very beginning.)(

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dr JB
Dr JB

I did send an email withdrawing this assessment which is quite wrong. Please REMOVE it. The phone was returned and tested and it has no faults. The problem lies entirely with NBN.

Lyle

Lyleasked

My elderly mother-in-law doesn't want an answering machine and wants it to ring longer so she has time to get to the phone as she sometimes doesn't hear it for a few rings. I have switched off the TAM as per the manual, but it stills cuts to the answering machine after 6 rings. I have changed the settings to make it ring 8 times, but it still cuts to the answering machine after 6 rings. Any suggestions?

Henry

Henryasked

My friend has Vtech 16650 corded phone with cordless phone. If an incoming call is answered on the corded phone on the base, can you then press the speaker button on the base to listen hands free? Not using the cordless handset, only the base corded hand piece and speaker button on the base.

yes you can

Rita H.

Rita H.asked

I somehow put Call screening on my phone and I can not work out how to turn it off.

LDN

I am not sure what you mean by Call Screening. If you have Caller ID, then the caller’s number is automatically shown and you scan decide whether to it answer it or not. Regardless of whether you have Caller ID installed or not, if you have the answering machine operating and you wait until the caller starts to leave a message, you can either pick up the phone and talk to the caller, or you can allow the caller to finish their message and hang up.

Get an answer from our members and Vtech representatives

CategoryHome Phones