Vtech 16650

Vtech 16650

2.0

You get what you pay for.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

LDNSouth East Queensland, QLD

An unfortunate purchase

Lee4545

Lee4545Perth, WA

Very poor product.

I have had this phone for approximately 18 months now. The ring tones on the second handset are very quiet, which is a problem for my wife. The date is ok but the time changes all the time. I know this is a cheap entry model, but it should work correctly. The actual phone looks great, which is why I bought it in the first place. I would highly recommend ANYTHING else.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Home Phones

Find out how Vtech 16650 compares to other Home Phones

Frank&Estelle

Frank&EstelleHunter Region, NSW

A phone we cant live with...

Poor design
Cannot hook hand set under ones ear on shoulder. Picture button clear covers fall out. Buttons feel cheap.
Very complicated to transfer call between handsets. If you pick up a call a corded base cannot easily just pickup on cordless handset. When you silence corded base unit so the ringing does wake you due to my night shift day sleep, the screening and message still sounds thru corded base unit, wth????
I hate this phone!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Useless

I am not certain when I bought it (from Office Works). It is useless, since while some calls come through, I have found that many do not. Often there is no opportunity given to the caller to leave a message. It is just useless. (The choice of 8 softly recorded ring tones did not help from the very beginning.)(

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dr JB
Dr JB

I did send an email withdrawing this assessment which is quite wrong. Please REMOVE it. The phone was returned and tested and it has no faults. The problem lies entirely with NBN.

Renae

Renaeasked

The phone has stopped ringing. Says the line is in use. How can this be fixed?

LDN

I didn’t experience this problem but I would try the usual generic fix for electronic equipment of turning off the power to the ‘phone, unplugging the ‘phone from either the ‘phone jack or the modem, and removing any batteries. I would wait one minute, and the put the batteries back in, reconnect then ‘phone to either the modem or the ‘phone jack and then plug the phone back on and turn on the power. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. Good luck.

Ela M.

Ela M.asked

Hi,
I need information, can this model run connected to Optus NBN ?
thnaks EM

LDN

Yes, mine was connected to the NBN through Telstra.

Christien A.

Christien A.asked

When I dial, my number is displayed as Private Number on the other person's phone. How do I make my number not private?

LDN

To show your telephone number when calling someone else, dial 1832 before dialing the number you wish to call.