Vtech BM3500

Vtech BM3500

MPN: VTP-BM3500

See the Best Baby Monitors in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sarah

Sarah

Quality functional baby monitor

This monitor works great for its purpose. It responds to sound and turns on to alert you. You can turn down or up the volume so it can very as loud or quiet as you need. You can also mute the monitor but keep watching the image. Very clear image display. Lullaby’s included are a bit average and so I don’t use them. Easy to use and a great investment.

Purchased in February 2018.

Caiti W

Caiti WSouthwest, VIC

Highly recommend, love it

Seems everyone writing review about the monitor turning off over night.. never had issue, I plug mine to charge and it goes out but comes on when my daughter makes enough sound. I had an issue with the charge port coming lose and it wouldn’t charge but since used warranty got a replacement to an updated one which is the same but they changed the charge part which is now perfect! Daughter thinks bear is adorable
Easy to set up, I have no issues with sound or image quality! Range is great for my place!

Purchased in December 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $170.00.

Atena

AtenaAU

The camera turns itself off overnight

We bought it brand new a few weeks ago and since last week it started turning itself off overnight when it’s in charge. I can’t sleep well at nights being worried if the camera is turned off or not. It’s a big fault which is a shame as we like other features of this camera

Purchased in May 2019.

Alice

Alice

Do not buy

Please save yourself and do not buy this product. I know all baby monitors on the market seem to have all sorts of problem, but do not buy this one. It switches off overnight for absolutely no reason! Terrible as my child's room is at the other end of the house. Sure video and sound is good, but what use is that when it shuts off? Absolutely rubbish.

Purchased in May 2019 for $189.00.

Do not buy

We were given this monitor as a gift. The battery on this monitor is terrible. Even though the unit is fully charged and on power, it starts beeping and turns off during the night. Very unreliable. After given a replacement unit, the same thing happened to our new replacement. We were told to just remove the battery and have it plugged in all the time. We've used it for 2 years and now the unit no longer wants to switch on. I recommend to do your research and look into other brands.

Purchased in October 2016.

Battery Life

Parent unit turns off overnight

The audio and image quality of the monitor is great, however the parent unit turns off overnight when plugged in for charging. Obviously this makes the monitor unfit for purpose as you cannot hear baby cry overnight. I would not recommend purchasing this product, as it is is unreliable and a safety hazard.

Absolute crap

Trudif

TrudifSouth West, WA

Turns itself off when fully charged

The battery life isn’t amazing, but worst still it will turn itself off when fully charged rendering the monitor useless. I wish I had checked out online reviews prior to purchasing, as this seems to be a common fault. Looking at other reviews, I’m not looking forward to the warranty process with VTech.

Aidyonline

AidyonlinePerth

Range was the problem, had to leave it back

Shopper

ShopperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good monitor but some issues

Battery issues

The monitor works but the battery life is terrible. I would guess it lasts 4 hours maximum. Then it beeps every time it runs out and at other times when you are trying to charge it. My wife and I would suggest parents steer clear of this. Buy a unit that lasts through the night.

Love it!

We have had our monitor for over a year and it is still as perfect as the day we bought it. The parent units battery only lasts around 4 hours but that has never been an issue for us, as toddler goes to bed at 6 and around 10 we put it on charge. Love the temp gauge and the quality of the image! Will be purchasing a second camera for our next baby.

Batterys are substandard

The first monitor I purchased the battery lasted several months before I had to return the product to Toys R Us. They replaced with an identical product. That battery has lasted 10 months and now does not recharge. Apart from the battery issues we have had no other issues with the unit.

L. Gooden

L. GoodenLockhart

Totally Unreliable

This baby monitor has been the worst thing ever it constantly drops out of signal, doesn't play the lullabies, the screen goes blank or it just totally doesn't play any sound at all so when baby is crying you can't rely on hearing them via the baby monitor. Certainly don't recommend it & would never buy another one!

Vera

VeraPort Macquarie

Best monitor we have tried!

Danielle. H

Danielle. H

Worked well at the start then died after a year.

Bought this with first baby because it seemed to have all the features I was looking for - motion sensor, lullabies, night vision, temp gage, 2 way intercom etc. but it didn't even last me a year. Baby is 10 months old and now it just doesn't charge properly anymore, has real bad range, when it does work, it cuts in and out. It's a real shame. It cost me $175 AUD and money isn't something we have. Now I am looking for another baby monitor.

Do Not Buy This!

This monitor works well in every way BUT will switch off without warning whenever it likes! During the night I awake to my daughter screaming her lungs about for god knows how long because the monitor has switched itself off! I thought the first time maybe was my fault but it has now happened more than 10 times! I spend $200 on a piece of crap that has no safety! What if my daughter was choking or something was wrong and I never knew because this monitor turns off on its own?? Do not buy this product!!!

Rebecca

RebeccaQueensland

Good monitor with good warranty service

Avoid at all costs

We're currently onto our 2nd Unit and 4th power cable as the wires become visible at the join between the cable and plug.

First unit was returned when it stopped working after a couple of months and we had to wait for replacement stock at our local store and go monitor free for around a week.

The new units power cords have proved to be shoddy and need replacing as they are a MASSIVE risk to your family - 3 leads have become unsafe during the 2 years that we have used this unit, we seriously don't know how it has been deemed safe for the Australian market.

Keeps losing connection

When the baby cries, the sound and monitor keeps cutting on and off. Dangerous! The temperature seems to be a bit inaccurate too. It served us well for a few months and then starting to show all these issues. Sometimes the monitor goes off on its own and you need to turn it back on.