Vtech BM4500

Vtech BM4500

MPN: P59092971

See the Best Baby Monitors in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sacdaddy

SacdaddyMurray Region, NSW

Good but not great

Hi all we had the baby owl 4500 for a total of 18 months before it would no longer charge the mother unit(LCD) the USB connection had broken on the inside which from what Ive read now its pretty common, lucky is has a 2yr warranty. We replaced it with a new model owl 5000 from baby bunting free of charge. We had no issues prior to this the audio and visual quality was ok and the range was excellent we could use it all over our 5acre property.

Purchased in February 2018 at Baby Bunting for $260.00.

Just Us Three

Just Us ThreePerth, WA

Fantastic Baby monitor

We are very happy with our new baby monitor. It has great sound. We love the full 360 view the camera gives. The screen is clear and it’s easy to use.

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting for $231.00.

Shannon

Shannon

Not a bad monitor

We have been using the monitor for 10months, so far so good. My only dislike is the LCD brightness at night is still very bright even once you have turned it down to the lowest setting it lights our whole bedroom up. I don't like to turn the screen off and only rely on sound as my girl is a tummy sleeper so I like to keep an eye on her. But I do like the button on the side that lets you turn music on and off.

Purchased in July 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $250.00.

Stephen R

Stephen RSouth East Queensland, QLD

VTech BM 4500 Owl

We recently purchased the Vtech BM4500 Owl baby monitor from Baby Bunting. It fitted what we were looking and was on sale. The setup was very straight forward, the video and audio quality was ok, the cameras pan/tilt range was very good, however when we set up the camera in the bedroom and the parent unit in the kitchen the link would drop out. It’s about 10 metres in total distance. I couldn’t get more than a room away before the wireless link would drop out. I tried it on a few locations throughout the house but the wireless range did not improve. I logged a ticket with Vtech support via the online form on their website but no reply after two weeks. The lovely staff at Baby Bunting Aspley exchanged it without any grief for another brand.

Sash

Sash

Vtech may have fixed the previous issue

Purchased in November 2017 at Baby Bunting for $238.00.

Battery Life

Monitor playing music randomly while my baby is asleep

This is a good monitor for range , but it keeps playing music randomly especially when my baby is asleep and wakes her up and I can't get her back to sleep, there is a switch to turn it off when it's playing but no switch to turn it off all together, had to resort to cutting the wire to stop the music

Lilly

LillyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great monitor... when it works.

I’ve had this monitor for 14 months now. Great range, great features, good picture quality. Has really helped me get some sleep in a long narrow house where I am far from my baby. BUT after 7 months the charging cable stopped connecting to the monitor. They were great with a replacement, but now, another 7 months later, the same thing f has happened! We were extra careful with it knowing it was a weak point but nope, broken again. They are selling a faulty product for top dollar to go into landfill. Very disappointed.

Shlee

Shlee

Useless, don't bother, may as well give your money away

I am on my FOURTH one of these, that's right - FOUR seperate systems, all with the same problems; battery fails, parent unit just turns off with no warning - it's not until you hear your child screaming after who knows how long that you realise, the temperature stops working. Vetch are fine with sending replacements if not at times a little rude, however after going through so many, I think it's a problem with the monitor and they should pull it off the shelves.

Nicklaus K.

Nicklaus K.Melbourne

Long Range Cover But Intermittent Connection Even At Short Range

Donna

DonnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Was great while it lasted.

JohnnyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great baby monitor

Very happy with our purchase.

We previously had an oricom unit which we had nothing but problems with. We then purchased the Vtech and it has been great. No connection drop outs like the oricom. The only negative is the parent unit battery doesn't last too long. Other than that I can't fault it.

Doesn't Last Long!

I've had this camera for 6 months dropped in and out every now and then but still worked fine... now it won't link at ALLLLL. It's so frustrating especially when you're trying to transition your crawler into sleeping in their room and the darn thing is pitch black and won't link. I've about had enough and feel like running it over in my car! Do not buy waste of money and time!!!

ava285

ava285Sydney, NSW

This is terrible! The worst!

The night vision stoppped working. It will suddenly work then flash black and then go back to night vision then go black and it does this all the way through. My baby has to sleep with a lamp on now. The charger stopped working and we had to buy a separate charger. Now it's not charging at all. This is absolutely useless.

Don't waste your money

This is a total waste of money. I purchased this as it was the most expensive in Big W be8ng $289 thinking the dearer the better right?. WRONG!! It constanlty disconnects after a mintue or 2 having to turn off owl and try to reconnect which still doesnt find the connection, if you fluke it after a million attempts it drops out again. I have had to remive it from my wifes hands as she feels like to throw the darn thing. Extremely frustrating and a complete waste of our money.Do yourself a favour and get a cheaper more fnctional one. Wish I had of researched before purchasing as it seems eveyone has had same issue.

Lenka