Vulcan Freeloader Gas Hot Water System

Vulcan Freeloader Gas Hot Water System (page 2 of 2)

135L (648135) and 170L (648170)

See the Best Gas Storage in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

I wish they were still made by Vulcan and NOT Rheem

This has served our family well for over 10 years. Easy to change to low level gas when going on holidays. Highly recommended.
Very reliable system. No problems cropped up. Do need to get the anodes replaced like any other hot water system.
Restarting the pilot light is a hassle if it blows out, but not often. Involves crawing around at the bottom of the system looking for the right buttons. The auto-spark didn't work after about 5-6 years.

A good and solidly made unit that responds well to the occasional cleaning of the casing (I use car polish/cleaner). It still looks quite smart but there is a little rust on the exhaust casing.
We have a Freeloader. Model:6904. Serial No: 11008091. I understand it must be about 15 years old. Can its true age be traced from the above data? It has always been very reliable and I have no complaints about performance. BUT would like to know how much longer I can expect it to work: can anyone help please?
A bit difficult to start up after leaving it switched off. I have to remove side cover to be sure the pilot flame is burning.

Shaun M.

Shaun M.asked

My 20 year old Vulcan Freeloader 300 is working fine but periodically makes rumblings sound from inside. Is it over heating, any suggestions.?

Nelz W

Nelz Wasked

I turned my system off a month ago as we went away .... now it won’t relight

Robbie

Turn the gas on and use a long lighter to light the burner

Robbie

Sometimes you need to run the gas through for a minute to purge the line

Marilyn Davis

Marilyn Davisasked

The water system is set to highest number of 7 and flame is on. However it is not heating up to boiling hot water , only water you can still put your hand under

Davo 767
Davo 767

Heat setting 4-5 is more than hot for me. I would suggest you contact your Rheem Service department ASAP. Rgds.

Get an answer from our members and Vulcan representatives