Vuly Thunder

23 questions from our users

Lynda F.
Lynda F.asked
Thunder

What is the best surface to put the Vuly thunder on, given that the legs are poles that would dig into the grass?

Tim F.
Tim F.

If you have a solid ground base, they are fine as is. Our back yard is a little uneven so I level the trampoline using wood blocks

Hi Lynda,

Thank you for contacting us.

You can install the Thunder on any flat surface. If you have soft ground and you are worried about the feet sinking, you can use pavers, rubber floor matting or like Tim has suggested - wooden blocks.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact our customer service team in 1300 667 514.

Tony Potter
Tony Potter

It digs into the ground and you will have to keep moving it around just to cut the grass. Watch out for your back, I now have 4 bulging discs and one disc that’s compressing on the nerves now as a result of this.

Leonardo
Leonardoasked
Thunder

Hi, I am considering to buy a Vuly Thunder Medium but reading at the comments about the leaf springs (that they often break/crack) and its design, makes me think about other premium brands. Has there been any changes/reinforcements to the design of the leaf springs? What is the warranty for this component?

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for contacting us.

The leaf springs will break if the trampoline is not being used correctly. This might happen if the trampoline is not levelled, the 150kg weight limit is being exceeded or it is not installed correctly.

You can view the warranty periods for each part of the Thunder and how to install it correctly, through the links below.

Should you have any other questions or require further assistance, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 667 514.

Chris N Tab W.
Chris N Tab W.

We are having trouble putting the leaf springs in, t seems to be impossible. Any advice?

hydroasked
Thunder

Hi does The Vuly Thunder (large) have a compatible ladder? I can’t seem to find one? I am based in Perth, WA. Thanks

Hi Hyrdo,

Thank you for contacting us.

Our Thunder and Thunder Pro trampolines do not need a ladder because they come with an inbuilt ladder on the side of the frame.

If you have small children who need help getting from the ground to the frame on the Thunder, I would recommend a small step for extra support.

hydro

Thanks for your reply Claire, I appreciate it. Yes I have small kids and it’s a bit of a struggle for them to get in and out. I will look for an alternative thanks.

Needoasked
Thunder

We have just bought the Vuly Thunder, but noticed that the anchor kit is not recommended for it. What's best for anchoring this tramp?

Hi Needo,

We do not sell an anchor kit for the Thunder or Thunder Pro because these are our heavier trampolines.

If you are in a high wind area and believe you need to anchor it, I would recommend using ratchet straps and tent pegs to secure it to the ground.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact our customer service team on 1300 667 514.

Thanks Claire.

Kayla P.
Kayla P.asked
Thunder

What are the dimensions on the medium?

Hi Kayla,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You can find the specifications by selecting the specific Vuly model you are interested in and scrolling down the page. https://www.vulyplay.com/en-AU

Feel free to give us a call on 1300 667 514, if you have any further questions.

Mark Storyasked
Thunder

I have the Vuly 2 and need to replace the net. Where do I go?

Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting us!

You would need to purchase the Lift safety net which is the newest net for the Vuly 2.

You can purchase spare parts through the link below or you can contact our sales team for assistance on 1300 667 514.

I live in Matthews,NC USA
Who do I call? Thank you!

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, you have come through to our Vuly headquarters in Australia.

Please contact Lex Distributing (A Family Leisure Company) for everything to do with Vuly US spare parts and warranty claims.

Lex Distributing – A Family Leisure Company
Telephone: 317-606-0977
Contact Center Hours: Mon - Fri: 9:00am - 7:00pm (EST)

Dennis
Dennisasked
Thunder

What is the warranty like? It’s a bit ambiguous from the reviews how many years we are safe from defects for as they appear to happen...?

Hi Dennis,

Please refer to the link below which includes all the warranty periods for our products.

If you have any other questions about this, please contact our customer service team on 1300 667 514.

Dad dazasked
Thunder

Which vuly large trampoline has the net and Matt in one
Searched on parts lists but all seem to have seperate net and Matt ?
my ex bought the trampoline years ago and never registered it !
So no half price parts ! That sux
And no I didn’t get receipt from her or the house , but I have my children

It seems I need to buy another new one as I need Some springs , Matt /net
Because the spring clips on the Matt are breaking off at the stitching on the Matt

Hi Dad daz,

Thank you for contacting us.

The Thunder 1.0/Summer trampoline is one of our older models which had the net and mat joined together.

Since then we have updated our designs so that the net and mat are no longer connected and are separate products to purchase.

These new items will feature separate warranties as well including 1 year for the netting and 5 years for the jump mat.

When purchasing you will need to go into the 'Thunder Pro' model spare parts, as this is the most compatible to the older Thunder 1.0/Summer design.

In regards to the half price parts, I may be able to assist you! Please email me at reviews@vulyplaycom.

If you have any other questions about this, feel free to contact us on 1300 667 514.

RJJasked

Hi Vuly
We have only had the Thunder a few weeks and the first leaf spring has snapped! Very concerned as note this has happened to a few others?? Also in Vic - kids like caged animals and waited weeks for delivery... now a 2 weeks wait for the broken spring, so very disappointing as we approach school holidays!! Can they jump with one missing spring? What assurance do I have that this wont keep happening??
So very disappointed!!

RJJ

On closer inspection looks like some of the springs appear tighter than others? Should they be more even? Will the others also snap? Very concerned - pls reply!

Hello RJJ,

Thank you for contacting us and I apologise for the issues that you have been experiencing.

If you could please send an email to reviews@vulyplay.com, along with your order number, I will organise for a service representative to contact you about this.

Again I do apologise for any inconvenience.

OST
OST

This appears to be a serious design flaw, which perhaps coincidentally generates revenue for Vuly as replacement springs need to be purchased (with postage making up 50% of the replacement cost for 10 springs) . We assembled our Vuly Thunder (Med.) in Feb 2020 ; and already 3 springs have snapped in half at the point where they touch the frame. We purchased the trampoline in mid-2018 so Vuly advised that even though it was assembled from new less than 9 months ago; the springs are not covered by warranty.

There are 42 springs which would cost $250+say $50 postage under warranty (its $25 to post 10) - if they fail at the rate they have done so far, this should be factored into nay buying decision.

Currently corresponding with Vuly, and I find the position that a major component is only guaranteed for 1 year highly suspect.

Daketiki T.asked
Thunder Medium

I have just placed my order for this today given that we are in Stage 4 lockdown here in Victoria and the kids have been couped up inside during winter without any of their usual activities like gymnastic, jujitsu, badminton, soccer, playgrounds, jumping castles, etc.

I really do hope that the Customer Service and Delivery Times are on the ball for us since it is birthday season for the kids and we are already measuring up and making sure there is a good clearance space and level ground out in the backyard.

I really liked the free inclusions of tent walls and roof covering (for warmer weather camping out under the stars (since who knows if we can go out and about this year with Covid, especially after the hideous season we had last year with bushfires galore+) and hang out without all the mozzie bites during both day and night), and the basketball hoop.

I really couldn't help myself from getting the Trampoline Deck since my son missed out on his snowboarding up at Buller and Hotham for his birthday this year, and I'd love to see their faces light up when they get to use the Water Mister during the summer!!!

I see this as the Take 2 from missing out on both camping trips during the summer and our winter wonderland vacation in the alps so please Vuly, do us proud!!!

Hi Daketiki T,

Thank you for contacting us!

Please keep up to date with your emails for tracking information so you can live track your order.

Unfortunately at the moment there are no guaranteed delivery dates in VIC due to major shipping delays because of the recent Covid-19 restictions. Please expect delays.

Should you have any other questions or require further assistance with this, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 667 514.

Stay Safe!
Claire :)

Jarrod H.asked
Thunder

My Springs keep snapping on my vuly thunder 14 so far over two years. Works out about 10 a snap. Trampoline is level and on firm ground. How do we fix this issue? Vuly no help and keep charging me for springs.

Hello Jarrod,

If you could please send an email about this (with photos) to reviews@vulyplay.com, along with your order number, I will organise for a service representative to have a further look at this.

Again I do apologise for any inconvenience.

Daketiki T.

This is concerning as a new purchaser and has been mentioned a few times in this forum. One of the videos talks about not buying a trampoline with at least 5 years of warranty. I hope Vuly has my back on this for at least 5 years!!

Jarrod H.

Thanks. Case resolved. Very well done by Vuly.

cmma01asked
Thunder Medium

I am based in the UK and I have 3 questions!

1) I have bought a Vuly Thunder Medium second hand. The previous owners said it was only 2 years old. Hmmm! Not so sure about that. Without an original purchase receipt, is there any way of finding out its true age, for example from the batch number on the label? UT16082151

2) Two FEET are missing. Where in the UK can I get replacement feet and other spare replacement parts such as spare springs etc?

3) I'd like to be able to move the trampoline more easily around my garden but I don't think Vuly supply any wheels. Does anyone know if Springfree Trampoline Shifting Wheels can be used with the Vuly Thunder?

Hi Cmma01,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please send through your details and a photo of your trampoline to service@vulyplay.com and we can determine what trampoline you have. Unfortunately we do not have any distributors in Europe at the moment so I can organise a spare parts quote for you. This would include international freight costs as we would have to ship the parts from our warehouse in Australia. Please send through the following to the email above:

Name:
Address:
Email:
Mobile:
Desired parts:

Hi Claire

I replied IMMEDIATELY with the details you requested to service@vulyplay.com and received an automated acknowledgement but no reply as yet. That was last Wednesday.

It's 2 of the the Vuly Thunder medium (not Pro) feet I need to be shipped to the UK.

Perhaps you could chase it up for me?

Hi cmma01,

I apologise for the delay in response, I was getting a quote organised for you.

Please check your emails for my response.

Colleen T.asked

Hi
Can you please tell me if the springs are the same for the vuly thunder and the vuly thunder pro please

What is the difference between both these trampolines please and
Colleen

Hello Colleen,

Thank you for contacting us.

The main differences between the Thunder vs Thunder Pro, apart from the price difference are:

1. The Thunder Pro frame has a matte-black powder coated finish.

2. The Thunder Pro features a softer netting made of soft terylene.

3. The Thunder Pro has full-length leaf springs, whereas the Thunder's leaf springs are half the size. This creates a larger potential for bounce.

Should you have any further questions about this, please contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 667 514.

Brodie Treloar
Brodie Treloarasked
Thunder

How do I remove a broken leaf spring

Lee H.asked
Thunder Large

Anyone having problems with springs deforming and snapping?

gloria m.
gloria m.

no deforming but 3 springs snapped so far. Waiting for vuly to get back to me re solution.......cannont keep happening

Lee H.

I’ve gone through 12 springs snapping so far. I have 4 more that are bent out of shape.
I’m at the point where I’m just going to junk it and buy another brand.

card
card

i have gone through 14 springs over 5 mths, its a defective design as the weight is not transfered over entire spring but flexs on where spring bends over the circle frame. Always breaks on that spot.

Tony Masked
Thunder Large

Hi Vuly. 'Meg', in May 2018 wrote of an incident involving her Vuly which was blown 150m into a neighbours property, apparently hitting and injuring a horse. She asked for options for tying the trampoline down, but your official response did not provide anything workable. My question is like Meg's: given the propensity for any trampoline to get airborne in strong wind, can you advise of recommendations for tying/securing the Thunder to the ground? I have a Vuly Thunder (L). I'm tipping the most obvious means for securing it is c/- the lower arm of the Joiner Poles. But, this leaves the Net Poles insecure in a strong wind. I concede the chance of them coming loose is minimal but, still, presume there's an official way for ensuring them. So, as the manufacturer of this product, what advice can you offer?

Tony Masked
Thunder Large

Same q as Brad in Dec '16 - how to connect trampoline mat to the leaf springs. (Vuly Thunder, L). We're at that part of the construction process trying to connect the remaining leaf springs, after successfully connecting the 14 leaf springs alongside each joiner-pole. As with Brad, I've watched Vuly's videos; read instructions - all to zero effect. Nothing official appears to reside online to actually address this issue. Tried the wooden block solution from dragonlore - didn't solve it. The other solutions seems drastic: surely Vuly, the manufacturer, can speak up & provide advice.

As Brad suggested - seems either the mat is too small (or leaf springs too short/small?). Either way, having nil success connecting the leaf springs. Help (especially from Vuly) would be appreciated?

Tony M

So, an update on yesterday's question. I came up with a frankenstein version of the various suggested means of connecting the leaf-springs to the mat, using a length of wood wedged under the connector's bar, in conjunction with two ratchet-straps tied back to a lawn-roller (probably weighs around the 100kg mark) at right-angles to the clip I was trying to connect the leaf-spring to. (Difficult to put what I ended up doing into words). I found the connector was next to zero use in most cases - like many others have said, what I seemed to be achieving most times was getting the active end of spring close, but still about an inch beneath the mat clip. It was only by using the wood-insert in conjunction with the (tensioned) ratchet-straps pulling on the neighbouring clips that I could gain any success. Even then, on about 25% of the clips I still needed to use every ounce of weight and man-power to get the springs connected. I am 100% certain that how I had to manage this is nothing that Vuly would envisage, and it was certainly not sensible nor, in many cases, safe. I lost count of the number of times I was working directly in the line-of-fire had my jimmied-up tensioning process failed. (And I've worked as a professional safety and health advisor for close to 20 years, so trying to get things done 'safely' is my bread and butter).

All up, I guesstimate clipping all the leaf-springs in pace took in the vicinity of eight hours (with two people working the issue. So, 16 hours of actual time devoted to this one phase of the assembly process) which is, obviously, nowhere near the 'one hour assembly time' Vuly claim. So, either something was very, very wrong with how I attacked my issue, or there was/is something fundamentally wrong with the components Vuly provided for me to assemble.

Given the number of similar complaints about this sole aspect of the Thunder's assembly process, I'm inclined to lean towards the latter - but, happy to take advice about this, from experts in this field.

And on that, I'm also happy to offer my side of the story about what I found worked to get the springs connected, to anyone who's facing the same issue (took enough photos as I worked through this to help explain what I was doing). Get hold of me through facebook - search for Tony McAuliffe - originally from New Zealand, now living in Newfield, Victoria.

Also, at this stage, waiting for Vuly to make contact with me but, given the time of year I reckon I'm in for a bit of a wait.

Erin L
Erin L

The same has happened to me!!!!! There had to be a bad batch. We have 4 of us and we all think the mat is too small I have been trying for days to get the leaf springs to attach to the mat

Matt P.
Matt P.

Just put up the thunder XL today. Encountered similar issues with the leaf spring things very difficult to connect to the mat.
Solution for us: We took off all the leaf springs except the ones on either side of the joiner poles. Then one by one we started putting the leaf springs back on paying careful attention to spreading the tension evenly, ie: put one on one side then one on the opposite side and so on. Made a huge difference and made it actually quite easy. Big difference from earlier - I was tempted to put everything back in the box and send it back!
Hope this helps someone - it would have helped me earlier!

Ollie
Ollieasked
Thunder Large

How meany feet wide is it?

Hi Ollie!

Thank you for your question.

The Thunder Large is 12ft wide.

Please feel free to call us on 1300 667 514 for any further questions!

Kind Regards,
Maya from Vuly

Disappointed4242
Disappointed4242asked
Thunder Large

Hi we have the vuly Thunder pro and it's awesome however I have a 5yr old with cerebral palsy who's getting too heavy to lift into the tramp. Does the ladder fit this model? Also I need to move it to put artificial grass down so my CP boy can play there. Can you buy wheels for that model yet or some kind of trolley mover?

Trev
Trev

Hi, Sorry I cant really help with those questions. I don't know of any ladder for these tramps, you may have to improvise a ladder. Wheels on the tramp? No idea. Good luck.

Hello there,

With our Thunder Pro model, the trampoline has a built in ladder system in the framing. The ladder we have to purchase is for our Lift, Lift Pro, Vuly 2, and Classic models so it would not be compatible with the Thunder Pro. In regards to wheels, we do have a wheel system for the Thunder Pro. The price and amount of wheels needed will depend on the size of your trampoline. I would recommend giving us a call on 1 300 667 514 for us to advise further on the purchase of wheels.

Kind Regards,
Jordan Z at Vuly

Nwruckasked
Thunder Extra Large

We have had our Vuly Thunder for a few weeks and have realized our daughter is having an allergic reaction perhaps to the terylene in the netting? She is itchy and scratching to the point she cannot sleep. Has anyone else had this type of reaction to this product?

Hi Nwruck,

Thank you for your question.
We have sold our Silk terylene nets since 2008 and to be honest, this is the first time we have come across this type of inquiry!

We do have, however, have two different types of netting materials that we use for our new trampolines which might be able to be used on your trampoline (depending on size/model)

I have sent you a PM and would love to look into this further for you.

Kind regards,

Vuly.

Nwruck

Hi, haven't seen a PM. We have a Thunder XL purchased from Flaman Fitness in Saskatoon on August 5. We have instructed our daughter to stay off the trampoline to make sure that the reaction is from the material in the netting. We will not know for a couple days yet. If it is, is there another option for this make and model?
Thanks for your prompt reply!
nicole