Vuly Thunder

Vuly Thunder Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

Large, Medium, Extra Large, Small
Listing monitored by Vuly Play

23 questions from our users

EmCasked
Thunder Medium

I bought one of these from bunnings today but am now concerned that i dont have the critical update kit. Would this have been supplied. I am considering should i return it before opening it.

Humberto Alvarez
Humberto Alvarez

I'd contact Vuly directly and ask them for the upgrade kit. My understanding is that it's free of charge.

Loz
Loz

I bought the medium trampoline today from Bunnings and the update kit was in the shade box that you should've got (for free) when you bought the trampoline.... it's just a packet of bolts and an updated manual...

EmC

It all worked well i got the kit and the tramp is brilliant

Brad
Bradasked
Thunder Large

Does anyone have any tips on how to connect the trampoline mat to the leaf springs? (I have just purchased a Vuly Thunder large). I have watched all of Vuly's videos, and read all of their instructions, and still can't do it. It appears that the mat is just too small.

Nigel T

Hi Brad. I hear what you're saying as I had the same problem. Vuly insist that all you need is the leaf spring tool but as far as I'm concerned they're on a different planet to me. The leaf spring tool seems to push the top of the spring down just at the moment you want it to stay up to catch the mat as you pull the mat down. This is what I did; threaded some rope behind a mat hook and looped both ends. I probably used 2-3 metres of rope. Then I hammered a star picket in the ground, on an angle about 3 metres from the tramp - this acts as an anchor for a pulley system that is intended to pull the mat out AND down. I used a "comealong" tool (but you could also use a block and tackle or fashion a pulley system with more rope) joined to my two loops at one end and the bottom of the star picket at the other and together with the leaf spring tool holding a spring in a favourable position stretched the mat till it hooked over the spring. Quite a drastic measure but the last few springs needed a drastic measure or the kids would be jumping on an incorrectly assembled trampoline without all springs attached - that couldn't be good for the mat. Hope this helps Brad.

dragonlore
dragonlore

We had the same issue and got more than a little frustrated...... in the end we taped a block of wood under the centre bar of the leaf spring tool so that the tool pushed the leaf spring in rather than down. If this doesn't make sense I'll try and post a video on YouTube tomorrow.

Chris
Chris

We had the same problem. It's a nightmare installation. I strapped tie downs to the hooks and frame and used thin rope and various angles to pull at the hook. Probably better to just get vuly to install. They say you only need to use their tool but my mat was impossibly small. My wife and I used a lot of muscle, energy and cunning to get this done. It was like a miracle to complete it.

Kelly
Kellyasked
Thunder Large

i'm wanting to get a trampoline for my 7 year old. Im looking at the breeze 12 foot or the Vuly thunder Large. Can anyone please give me feedback on either. What is the quality and bounce like ?

Janine
Janine

Read the reviews about the products on this site. Look carefully at what people are saying about how they are treated by each company when there are problems. Think about the ease of obtaining replacement parts. Vuly has some very bad feedback.

steve
steve

The vuly thunder is seriously flawed in its design the springs pull the frame apart and it collapses. Must be pulled apart by purchaser and repaired with a pack of bolts they send you. They DO NOT help u fix it at all just tell you it's your issue. Buy anything else and be safe as these are not

Nigel T

Please don't get a Thunder. Assembly is an absolute nightmare!! To get the last of the mat hooks to meet the leaf springs I had to set up a "come along" to a star picket in the ground and rachet the mat to the spring AND use the supplied tool. NIGHTMARE!!!

Get an answer from our members and Vuly Play representatives