Vuly Thunder

• Ease of Assembly

Conway l.
Conway l.South East Queensland, QLD

Overrated & Expensive!

Purchased in December 2019 at Vuly Play Online store for $1,209.00.

Tim F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sad to see a great product let down by awful customer service

We have two small children who lover being outside on their Vuly trampoline. Recently they managed to tear the side net to the extent that it makes the trampoline unsafe, so we ordered a new net. That was at the very start of November, and when I emailed their customer service team mid-December, I was told it was on pre-order and there was a high chance it would be shipped in time for Christmas. It's now December and we still have not received the net, and there is no clear commitment in terms of when we will get it.

Main User(s)Child (5 - 11) and Child (Under 5)

Annika G.
Annika G.Hunter Region, NSW

Springs continuously break

Great looking trampoline when the springs aren’t snapped -which happens way too frequently, and then the kids can’t use it until I pay for more and they arrive. It’s also tricky swapping them over as the clips that hold them in swell and get stuck. After paying over $1k for this trampoline I’m tempted to take it to the dump and buy a different brand. So over this constant issue!

Purchased in December 2017 at Vuly Play Online store.

Leanna
LeannaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer service disappointing

Purchased in July 2020 at Vuly Play Online store.

BenPalmerston, NT

A Little disappointed

Purchased in November 2019.

Ben

Thanks Pat, will be in touch very soon.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Tony M
Tony MWestern District, VIC

Dear Vuly: address how leaf-springs connect to the mat, or risk more people being hurt.

Trins
TrinsWollongong

disappointed

We have had Our vuly thunder for almost 4 years and sad to say that it hasn’t held up very well at all, considering the cost of the trampoline.
Issues we have had are, the Poles have rusted and snapped,
The entrance to the trampoline has deteriorated and is falling apart.
Other parts to the trampoline broke within 6 moths of having it (these small parts were replaced free of charge by vuly)
The trampoline has only had light use by our child (got it for his 3rd birthday) we pretty much have buyers remorse as we expected the trampoline to last much longer than it has.
Very disappointed in the product

Josh
JoshToowoomba

Some fundamental problems

The trampoline is good, but for cost vs longevity it's not so good. The shade cover disintegrated after 12 months. They "give" you that for free and it does cop the worst of the sun so ok, but the straps that hold up the safety net have started breaking in the same fashion, but conveniently for Vuly the net is only warranted for 12 months(annoyingly all you see in marketing material is 10 year warranty(frame only)). That does it for me anyway as the safety net is one of the things that makes the vuly so great, take that away and the leaf springs are just as dangerous as anything else. Also the tabs welded on the leaf springs start rusting as soon as you take them out of the box(inland and they are powdercoated).

Matt B
Matt BMelbourne

Poor instructions - hard to assemble

ClayAU
ClayAUSydney

Extremely difficult to put together

I have seen a few comments from others stating that the trampoline was difficult to put together, and I can confirm it is very difficult to put together. Well to be more specific, it should be simple, however connecting the mat to the leaf springs is way too hard (physically impossible for the average person to get the last several springs connected). I see others have had the same issue and I am fairly sure we have followed the instructions correctly having several attempts and going through the instructions / videos step by step. We have just resorted to calling Vuly and asking for / paying for them to come out and connect ($250).

What a pain.

Great trampoline if you can put it together. Very good quality parts, but Cannot get all the springs on. Maybe a weight lifter could do it, but it is very difficult. Gave up after many attempts. Vuly rep was good calling me and giving me advice over the phone, which helped make me feel inadequate because it should be easy. It is way too tight for meer mortals. We just use it with 4 springs not in place. Have assembled other trampolines no problem. Can't wait to get rid of it. Yes tried undoing the springs and doing it all again. thought mat might stretch after a few months. No. Frustrating. Needs to come with a person from the company to assemble it. Look elsewhere.

LIMperth

The shade cover does not last

The shade cover break into pieces in a few months. We purchased our vuly thunder December last year due to the fact that it came with shade. Called Vuly up and got told warranty only last for 3 months. we were thinking about purchasing a new cover for next summer but the quality of the shade probably won't last for long so that put us off. It is really disappointing.

LIM

long overdue review for the Vuly team. We have had our cover replaced within 2 weeks after being contacted by their customer service team. Ben K from their customer service was really helpful.

Tomski182Ormeau

Nightmare to assemble.

GMMGold Coast

Worried

Feeling strong

Hi Biggles,
Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear about the problems you had with installing your Thunder trampoline. I will send you a private message shortly so I can look into this further. Kind regards, Vuly

Lynda F.
Lynda F.asked
Thunder

What is the best surface to put the Vuly thunder on, given that the legs are poles that would dig into the grass?

Tim F.

If you have a solid ground base, they are fine as is. Our back yard is a little uneven so I level the trampoline using wood blocks

Hi Lynda,

Thank you for contacting us.

You can install the Thunder on any flat surface. If you have soft ground and you are worried about the feet sinking, you can use pavers, rubber floor matting or like Tim has suggested - wooden blocks.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact our customer service team in 1300 667 514.

Cheers, Claire

Tony Potter
Tony Potter

It digs into the ground and you will have to keep moving it around just to cut the grass. Watch out for your back, I now have 4 bulging discs and one disc that’s compressing on the nerves now as a result of this.

Leonardo
Leonardoasked
Thunder

Hi, I am considering to buy a Vuly Thunder Medium but reading at the comments about the leaf springs (that they often break/crack) and its design, makes me think about other premium brands. Has there been any changes/reinforcements to the design of the leaf springs? What is the warranty for this component?

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for contacting us.

The leaf springs will break if the trampoline is not being used correctly. This might happen if the trampoline is not levelled, the 150kg weight limit is being exceeded or it is not installed correctly.

You can view the warranty periods for each part of the Thunder and how to install it correctly, through the links below.

Should you have any other questions or require further assistance, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 667 514.

Cheers, Claire

Chris N Tab W.
Chris N Tab W.

We are having trouble putting the leaf springs in, t seems to be impossible. Any advice?

hydroasked
Thunder

Hi does The Vuly Thunder (large) have a compatible ladder? I can’t seem to find one? I am based in Perth, WA. Thanks

Hi Hyrdo,

Thank you for contacting us.

Our Thunder and Thunder Pro trampolines do not need a ladder because they come with an inbuilt ladder on the side of the frame.

If you have small children who need help getting from the ground to the frame on the Thunder, I would recommend a small step for extra support.

Cheers, Claire :)

hydro

Thanks for your reply Claire, I appreciate it. Yes I have small kids and it’s a bit of a struggle for them to get in and out. I will look for an alternative thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Vuly Play representatives

Price (RRP) $1,249.00$1,549.00$1,849.00
ShapeRoundRoundRoundRound
Safety WallsYesYesYesYes
Max User Weight 150 kg150 kg150 kg150 kg
TypeAbove Ground and Spring-FreeAbove Ground and Spring-FreeAbove Ground and Spring-FreeAbove Ground and Spring-Free
Spring Count42 springs56 springs64 springs30 springs