steve.lindz
steve.lindzmacksville

Uses heaps of power, barely cools anything.

When I have used this for trips, I have put ice in it the night before leaving, then packed the fridge with a fresh ice brick and the food / drinks in the morning, this is the only way it will keep things cool. Better of with a good techni ice eski really. Don't leave running whilst car is off, 100% chance of getting a flat battery. Happened twice now, there won't be a third! But maby if you are doing long trips in the car and not to worried about things not been cold just cool, and happy for things to be warm after the car has been off for a little while then you'll probably love it.

Purchased in August 2019.

Works quite well 2%

Power usage is fair gets cold works well I would suggest that if you have one and its not working properly that you may have an issue with your plug - I changed mine for some thing more heavy duty

Purchased in January 2018.

Alex D
Alex DBarkly, NT

Seems reliable

Good value, I've been using non stop for 2 months now and works well. Doesn't cool as good as a fridge but you get what you pay for. Recommended product.

Purchased in January 2019.

Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how Dometic Waeco CoolPro TC-14FL (14L) compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

HardballSydney, NSW

Great "Dry Cooler"

Purchased in August 2009 at Supercheap Auto for $150.00.

What a lemon.

Bought some time ago and it was kept in the box unopened until we needed it. Worked OK on 240V on trial and packed away. Used once on a road trip Brisbane-cairns where it lived on the back seat and used 12v DC. I would say it "cooled" things and never chilled. It never achieved the claims spruiked by Waeco/Dometic on the box. Went to use it on second trip and now does now cool or heat on either voltage. And of course out of warranty and try getting assistant from Waeco. I have been on hold for the service centre twice for a half hour. A very expensive single use esky! I will check Engell i think

Date PurchasedJan 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Great little cooler

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Ramjet59
Ramjet59Canberra

Power hungry, poor performance

I already have a car fridge and thought this might be a useful midpoint unit for when I dont have an esky at hand.
However as a short term, short transit device it is useless. It takes many hours to get any useful temperature reduction and in that time draws a huge amount of power. If your vehicle is running no problem, but leave this on an haux battery and it will eat all the amps for breakfast and still nothing will be cold.
If you want useful cold that doesn't chew your battery, get a proper fridge unit.
This thing is just a wildly overpriced esky with a noisy fan that doesn't stop.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Chris V
Chris VSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great little cooler

I bought this cooler for my ute as I do a lot of travelling & love having a cold drink (& not paying $5 for a bottle of water on the Nullabor).
I have it running off my second battery & has been on since Sept 16. It keeps my drinks & food cooler than I expected even on 40 degree days it keeps everything chilly.
The only issue I've had with mine was the internal fan was making a clicking noise & it was due to a bit of ice (lowered the temp & it thawed) so note, don't have it on the highest setting for 7 months straight.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Wprks great.

Keeps drinks nice and cool. Sits in the truck with me and cant complain. Kept my drinks cold today (was 39 degrees)
Fites 6 water bottles and ny sangas nice and cool. Will recomend to all our friends. The boss is even buying some for the other trucks in the fleet.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Portable Fridges / Freezers

Great little unit should have bought one sooner

Works great icey cold drinks when you need them couldn't do without it now sits on truck seat beside me forever ready cool suggested to friends and family to buy one nice and easy to handle and light too which helps in the truck even my sandwiches stay nice and cool on a hot day bonus.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great little cooler for the cost

I have had the 14l in my truck for 3 years getting bashed around and beaten. Works great for keeping lunch and drinks cool. I think People expect too pay $200 for a cooler and want it too do the same job as a $1200 Engel. It's light weight, easy too carry and better than an esky with an iceblock

KirstyB
KirstyBSouth Australia, 5540

Better than expected

Temperature sits near 3 Celcius and large enough for a few drinks and containers of food. Light enough to lift easily into back of my 4x4. Can't fault this little TC-14FL, price was very good from BCF. Great on 240V excellent on 12V, big enough to hold a couple of longer bottles if needed.

Paulc98
Paulc98Mount Druitt

Excellent Cooler

I purchased this unit as a cooler for a 4wd. It performs admirably it is light enough to be lifted easily and will hold 4 bottles of water and 2 sandwiches and 2 apples easily. The temperature is down to about 3 degrees on a 34 degree day. It is quiet and I cant fault it in any way.

Cheryl
CherylMurray Region, NSW

Better than expected

Bought Waeco Cool Pro 14 litre and lent it to my truck driver son while his truck fridge was being repaid. He said apart from size was it was as good as his truck fridge/freezer. Kept drinks and food at a good temperature. Doesn't use much batter to keep it running.

lynian
lynian

We would not be without it.

We have had ours for two years and would not be without it. We plug this in the 240 power point the night before we want to use it, and it is always ready to use in the morning. It keeps our drinks cold for us the next day. When we put the thermometer in it we always get it to 0-5 degrees, have also kept butter, milk and meat in it and they have kept cold enough.

See all Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series reviews