Wallace Bishop Questions & Answers

Physical store, Online store

14 questions from our users

Tracey Golchert

Tracey Golchertasked

I was gifted a ring for my birthday (which was purchased on the 22/2/2019), which unfortunately, was not my taste at all. I went back to the W/B store it was purchased from the following Monday (25/2/2019) and I asked if I could exchange it or get store credit. I was told that I was only allowed an exchange and that was fine. I picked out a ring that I liked which was reasonably cheaper than the one I had received and the sales person said they would order it in, in my size and contact me when it arrived. She also told me to hold onto the ring that I wish to exchange it for and the purchase receipt and she would do the paperwork when the new ring arrived. I looked on the returns policy for W/B before going into the store and it states that I had 7 days to do anything about it. My question is seeing as the sales person didn't write or scan anything down regarding the exchange details, will I still be able to exchange the ring I don't want for the ring I do? And what happens to the balance of the money that is left over from the old ring to the new?

Angela K

Angela Kasked

Hi, I had a ring rebuilt through the Indooroopilly store, which is is much worse condition now than before the repair. I have been back and spoken to the shop several times, and their response has been unapologetic and they have offered to rebuild again if I pay them again to do this. I feel I have taken the complaint as far as I can win the store and need to escalate this within Wallace Bishop. Who can I contact to discuss this with them?

Ganga Nasked

Hi my son had bought a bracelet type bangle for Xmas yesterday and I have got a similar type is it possible to get a full refund since I can’t keep it and couldn’t have taken it to the shop because it was closed on Xmas day so can I return it tomorrow?

Daphne
Daphne

Exchange or giftcard only. Refund for faulty items only

Ganga N

Thanks in future I will try and make sure all my family members read and see the refund policy before shopping for gifts at Wallace Bishop .I really don’t know what to buy now because I bought the longines watch ,rado and tissot watch already . Thanks and will shop where we can get full refunds if we decide to change our mind.

Hi Ganga,
Please visit the store that you purchased the item from and our Associates will assist further, we do offer an exchange, gift card for unwanted gifts or in store credit. We do have signs in store stating our refund policy and is also on the back of the receipt. But have a chat to our team and I'm sure they will be more than happy to assist - Abbie

Tyson T

Tyson Tasked

Hey guys I have a shark sport watch and it starts to turn off slowly when trying to set the time how much would it cost to get it fixed and for a battery replacement?

Glenn S.Wallace Bishop

Hi Tyson, thanks for reaching out! The best option is to take your watch into your local store where one our associates will be able to assess it for you and give you a quote - Abbie

Charley

Charleyasked

Am I able to exchange something that doesn’t fit that was bought 3 weeks ago? Can’t get into the Brisbane city store where it was originally purchased though would have to go to local store

Michelle

Michelleasked

I purchased a g-shock baby on the 23rd of January 2018 according to my bank statement however when I rang the store they said they don't have it on record. Is there any other way I am able to retrieve my receipt?

bertie_24

bertie_24asked

Hi my partner bought me a pair of earrings yesterday in a Brisbane store (16/07/18) for my birthday 18/07/18, unfortunately they are NOT to me taste at all. I would like to exchange them at our local store sunshine coast. Is this possible??

SwizzyV
SwizzyV

Yes you can take this to any store with the receipt and they can exchange for you :)

michaela

michaelaasked

Hi I've been trying to contact for days now. I'm expecting an order and need to know asap when it will come. It has been 3 days now and no shipping info. Please get back asap

Morning Michaela,
Thank you for trying to contact us, An Associate will contact you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Anna

Shelleyasked

Hi,
Has anyone ever been successful in getting a refund from Wallace Bishop after being told there is a manufacturing fault and a ring would need to be remade or replaced? Customer service has been despicable and Head Office said a replacement is merely them showing "good faith" in the matter. Have spoken to the ACCC and Office of Fair Trading QLD.
Thanks.

Lin

For a start if wallace bishop was showimg 'good faith' they would ask the customer what they would they like them to do but the fact is wallace bishop never does that ,like in my case i was told nothing can be done that is just wishing you will go away about the problem on there part ,i know a great deal about my rights and the law, like i was giving nothing we can do about it ,mine was sent away for condition report ,mind you the time frame when my earrings are ment to be back was crossed out in pen ,there was a date on it but was crossed out , my answer would be why , to me there just wasting time hoping either you will forget about it and or waste the warranty time you have on the product. See the thing is wallace bishop thinks by playing a waiting game you will forget about wanting a refund , i myself the longer i am put in limbo the more mad (upset) i become,ive giving them 10 working days to work out my issue, mind you as of tomorrow thats 5days gone so will be sending them out a demand notest to sort my issue out very soon , so basically dont let them tell you what to do, you have more rights than they do ,send them a damand notest , take them to office of fair trading if that wont work small claims court , lets face it your items already faulty or taken from you by wallace bishop to get repaired no saying its going to be the same as it was , like you spend so much money , they have your money your lefted with nothing but a faulty item so what is it going to hurt you to fight for what you want and if its the refund you want fight for it. You just got to make sure when you shop for jewellery in future i would shop at prouds as it is my local one your able to return your items if your not happy with it and get an exchange within 2weeks and once i had to return a piece of jewellery they didnt fix it like wallace bishop only repairs mosty, prouds they replace the whole piece with a brand new one and return to me within 2 weeks and wallace bishop trys to help the customer in "good faith" they dont even know the meaning of "good faith"

Shelley

Thanks for the response! Sent the demand letter off on Tuesday 09/01/18. Both the ACC and office of fair trading have documentation of the issue. We will be fighting this issue as far as we can take it. I sincerely hope you get a good result as I have seen your previous posts....

Hi shelley,
Dont lose hope, have faith ,i got my refund back

Wendy Corrigan

Wendy Corriganasked

I received a gift from Wallace Bishop in November 2015. The jewellery was not to my taste so the Carindale store helpfully allowed me to exchange for a gift card. I returned the jewellery in February 2016 and believed that the gift card would be dated a year from that date. However on recently checking the card I realised it had been back dated to the date of the original purchase and has since expired. Just wondering where I stand on this??

Glenn S.Wallace Bishop

Hi Wendy, we are more than happy to honour the gift card for you. Let us know when you are heading in store (or perhaps take a print out of this page) and one of our associates in store will be able to arrange for the card to be re-issued. Best regards, Emma.

Julie D

Julie Dasked

I have just received a $1700 necklace from my husband for Xmas (very generous) however it is definitely not of my taste and I would like to replace it with something else from your store however I note returns policy is only 7 days from date of purchase. My hubby bought it over 2 weeks ago however obviously I didn't receive it until today - is it possible to still get a refund and can this be done at any WB store as we are interstate until mid January?

Kind regards

Julie D

Glenn S.Wallace Bishop

Hi Julie D, we are flexible at this time of year in regards to exchanging gifts and have extended the exchange period until the end of January. You are more than welcome to visit any Wallace Bishop store and choose something that you love at your convenience. Best regards, Emma.

Lauraasked

Where is my watch?
I have put my seiko Coutura Ladies Diamond Set Watch into Wallace bishop Mackay Canelands store for repair twice in twelve months the first time was for a simple batterie replacement which was sent to the Brisbane workshop and it did take about 4 weeks if I remember, then after its return it was getting moister in it so I took it back to the canelands store
On the 31/03/2016
With an estimated due date of the 08/04/2016 since then I have contacted and been contacted by the canelands staff several times to be told it's out of their control that the work shop is awaiting a part I feel that this is not good enough it's been almost 5 months?? I just want my watch back it was a gift from my husband and it is very sentimental.
Regards, Laura

Glenn S.Wallace Bishop

Hi Laura, we're sorry to hear you are disappointed with the repair wait times. Do you have a job number that may assist with our follow up at this end? Alternatively, please contact us at mail@wal-bishop.com.au and we can investigate further for you. Best regards, Emma.

Gregory
Gregory

Hi Laura, good luck dealing with the mackay wallace bishop store. I would say my dealings with this store is the worst experience i have had with any jeweller. Our engagement ring was given to another couple and they were totally clueless we had someone else's ring. We now warn as many people as possible to help others avoid the problems we had dealing with them.

Hi Emma, the job number is 5126933
Thanks ,Laura

Jinny

Jinnyasked

Has anyone had Wallace bishop custom make jewellery for them? What was your experience like (how long did it take to get the quote, manufacturing time, etc.)?

Smokeyq
Smokeyq

My design consultations and quote time took three weeks all up as I had to sign off a sketch then it took three weeks to be made and arriving in store

Tony Waters

Tony Watersasked

I recently purchased a Tissot 516 from Wallace Bishop when the battery needs replacing can Wallace Bishops do it?

Glenn S.Wallace Bishop

Hi Tony, thank you for your question. We can certainly help you with your battery when needed. Swiss watches need to be cared for carefully to ensure long life and should only be opened in a climate controlled and dust free environment. Let us know if we can help further at anytime. Best regards, Emma.

Missy I.
Missy I.

Hi Tony, I am sure they would be able to help you. Narelle is the expert in watches at Robina. I'd definately give her a call to discuss.
cheers