Warranties Made Easy

Warranties Made Easy

RW1891

RW1891Sydney Surrounds, NSW

SCAM

This is a scam. I was called by them and sold premium 5 year roadside assistance. Lucky for me I never required it so far (touch wood).

However, when I tried to check the policy with AWN (WME sells AWN policies) the number was not recognised by AWN. The person from WME just said call them and show the certificate. What so ever now the WME website is non existing, and there is no way to contact them.

This is a SCAM. They have just taken money from people and not provided a service, then likely declared the business bankrupt or just closed and moved on I think. No one even responds to these comments.

My sincere advise is, never buy any policy from such companies over the phone. Buy direct via reputed companies like NRMA.

Scammers don’t ever sign up!!!

Don’t ever use this company!!! I was cold called 3 years ago and promised I could cancel on the cooling off period!!! I tried to call them no answer I googled a number and called them, I told them I was calling to cancel so I was redirected to a deadline that rand out!!! No message bank nothing, it turns out my email address they wrote down was wrong and I had no information given to me!! so I thought it was a scam and blocked them from my bank, to then be contacted by a collection agency!! I’m wondering if there is anyone that’s started a class act against this company? Don’t sign up to anything from them you’ll definitely regret it afterwards!!!

Its a rip off.

Just got a new car and apparently I can't get the warranty transfered from my old car to the new but I still have to pay out every week for a warranty to a car I no longer own.

They con you into giving them information and then use it agaist you, don't ever give them your cred

Don't trust or use them, once you give them information they keep billing you even when you don't want them to, then if you don't pay more they get a dept collecter to find you and bill you more.

Deano

DeanoCentral Coast N.S.W.

The final outcome

Finally ! After considerable correspondence and insistence on my part one policy was located, although another person I spoke to on the phone said "you have two policies", and quoted numbers, I received a refund for one policy. So as it stands I have one policy and received a refund for another. What a way to run a business !

Lyell

LyellGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No problems at all

Tuesday 10/1/17 came back from Melbourne and stopped to get some takeaway car would not start. Rand roadside assist and within an hour had a mobile roadside assist to jump start me. Good service (i live in Cranbourne vic) The next day travelled to Melbourne to trade in my car and on the way home car just stopped all power cut out. Rang road side assist and again within an hour i had a tow truck and was on my way to Cranbourne. I had to pay for excess kms for tow $88.00 not too bad. Nothing but praise for this company fast efficient service helped me twice in two days. I have transferred the balance of roadside assistance to my new car. Great service.

JemmRen

JemmRen

20 yrs scamming overseas..now in Australia!

Bad

Paid my 5 years roadside assist, rang change vehicles all good bought New vehicle rang them to cancel policy they told me they already canceled it 7mths prior, when I asked where is my refund than as only had policy for a year still 4yrs to go. They told me there was no refund and to email some info centre for information.

Chris (Brisbane)

Chris (Brisbane)Brisbane

check the small print

I didn't know that the warrenty couldn't be transferred to another car I brought. I sent numerous emails asking. No response. I rang them a number of times. They transfer you. No one is available. They say supervisor is looking into it. No one wanted to give me a answer.

Avoid at all costs (and it may cost!!)

I was cold-called by a foreign voice representing WME, and agreed to join when my RACQ expired. However, I reconsidered and could not reach anybody in Australia when I phoned them to cancel. This aroused suspicions and I cancelled my creit card. They have sold me on to a debt collector who can't substantiate their fee. I suspect that most of their income is derived from people cancelling and being penalised for this. If you are considering this company, my advice is to reconsider!

Kaasoo

KaasooDoonside

SCAMMERS - LIARS - CROOKS

SCAMMERS. I signed up and cancelled before cooling off period, surprisingly debits on my CC appeared. Made numerous calls but no refund provided, even though assurances were given. Had to close CC to avoid further debits. My advice is please stay away from this company to avoid financial loss.

IF I COULD RATE NO STARS I WOULD

They are a scam ! i got pressured into signing up spoke with my partner regarding this and he said he doesn't think its what we need considering i explained to the lady my car was getting assessed after being hit by a truck. 3 days after i had emails them explaining i would like to cancel it and then get a message from the payment people i sent through the email of me cancelling it and still taking money out of my account ! DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR BANK DETAILS !!!

Very Poor Customer Service

O-M-G! Company to watch out for! (NOT in a good way!)

Don't even wanna rate them 'cos they don't even deserve one star! They don't answer any of your calls, but then they say the cooling off period has gone and deduct your money. My policy has been cancelled and I hope they refund me in full and if they do so, then I will rate them again. They are very dodgy.

CKM72

CKM72Ipswich

Scam

Further to my previous review, this mob is running their operations from a private residence at [address removed]. They have no service office in Australia. They don't answer calls or emails, so how on earth if you are broken down or have any emergency are you expected to contact them if they don't answer the calls. Happy to take your hard earnt $$$..... but no service.

Stew

StewWestern Australia

Don't let them have your bank details.

The Duck

The DuckKalgoorlie

Rip off

I joined roadside assist and very happy with that, next I get a call asking if I wanted warranty as a new car, e.g when I take my car for a service it will cost me nothing "cool" I said, "send me a hard copy so I can go through it, they start taking payments made out by THEM. I'm still waiting for the hard copy to arrive and I have still not agreed to having the warranty, rang them many times to get this done, they getting my payment nuts so don't care, finally get through and was told no, service don't count, I still have to pay for that.

George

GeorgeLithgow, NSW

A Con or Smart Marketing?

"Warranties Made Easy" pass on the risk to " National Roadside Assistance", no doubt at a discount, who provide the actual assistance (and do a great job). The payments are collected by "Easy Debit" also at a discount, So WME do nothing but sell the policies and collect a commission. They do NOT return phone calls, because most are complaints. The policy can be transferred to a new vehicle by contacting the National Roadside Assistance organisation. I know this because it happened to me. WME then had to admit it was possible and altered their records accordingly. Payments are automatically deducted from my account on the nominated day, but I keep receiving overdue notices.

Scamming Dishonest Traders

Nowie

Nowie

You Get What You Signed Up For!!

Call them and they'll give you realistic expectations! When they arrive, they're friendly and they deliver! I had to call them for a flat battery and also my engine hose came out all within 4 days. Thanks to Stefan and Scott for your assistance and the admin for just keeping it real. I appreciate your professionalism. Customers: read your PDS/Contract. Educated customers are happy customers.

Max

Maxasked

So everyone is writing about the company's scams and lies and rip offs, has or is anything being done to stop them? I was forced into this as well and because I couldn't cancel because of not being able to contact anyone, I cancelled my direct debits. They contact me now after 2 years saying I have to finish my payments with them. What do I do? Can anyone reading this please advise?

AUTOnomous
AUTOnomous

They did the same thing to me!!! Or rather a debt-collecting company they give the debts to did. I wrote them a letter dictated by my solicitor saying that to show me in writing what debts I owed if any. I said I would fight the charge with force. I heard no reply!!!!!!! Good luck! This company should be closed down and some people prosecuted........

Dee
Dee

Well there you go . . . . .It was a scam. For the last 18 months I believed I was covered by this mob - WME - in case i broke down. Damn lucky that my car did not break down. I was only investigating this now as a premium for a roadside assistance policy was detailed on my car insurance renewal notice - and I thought "Why am I paying for something that I already have?" . . . .but now I discover that those fortnightly repayments were for NOTHING!! Who do we call? . . . .not Ghostbusters . . . . .

Peter W
Peter W

I've been covered by them for years and 3 times I've used them and there hasnt been a problem. It was only the other day I broke down and needed to be towed 40ks but they would only cover me for 20ks. So I thought I'd see if i could increase the distance as I will be travelling Oz. But to get in contact with them I havent been able and have just seen this site