Waterpik Cordless Plus Water Flosser WP450

Waterpik Cordless Plus Water Flosser WP450

See the Best Electric Toothbrushes and Flossers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mishy

MishyGippsland, VIC

I actually love this

I was not sure if it was waterproof when I got it but when I bought the product it was advertised as waterproof anyway I did not use it for awhile because of this concern but as of lately I am using it in the shower which makes the whole process 100% easier I love it, the only thing I wish was different would be the whole to fill was bigger.

Purchased in March 2019 at Catch for $119.00.

Shelby roseVictoria

Love it

Best thing I ever purchased. Thought regular floss was doing the trick. I was very wrong. This has 5 different nozzles for hard to reach areas. Have to use with warm water due to sensitivity.

Chrissy

ChrissyVictoria, 3085

Amazing, couldn't live without it!

My gums are so much better for using this product! when I don't use it for a few days I get sore gums and my dentist always assumes I'm flossing, but my gaps are too close to floss properly so this is my only option. I',m very happy with this product. It lasted 3 years before needing a new battery (it's not possible to replace them) and i'm now on my 2nd waterpik. The battery model is very convenient and I have taken it overseas with me a number of times.

Leo Podwaldien

Leo PodwaldienCanberra

Water great pik!

This is one of those rare product types that amazes me every time I use it and makes me wonder how I lived without it for so long. Sooooo much quicker and simpler to use than dental floss that I now use it up to three times a day instead of the three times a year I'd use dental floss and I spit out a mouthful of tiny food fragments instead of spitting blood! Being cordless is great and I am still on the first charge after 2 weeks use. The only potential future negative is that the switches are a bit flimsy, so I fear for its longevity, but otherwise it is great so far.

Angie

Angie

I love it

I really like this product! Easy to use and also wireless. Make me feel my teeth so clean after using it. Even though I brought the most expensive phillip sonicare toothbursh, I can still see stuff coming out after using the water flosser ( and I knew I should use it before brushing my teeth

jezza

jezza

vey good

not bad. Wife got one now we both use it. Gentle on the teeth and gums . Need to be quick the water spray dosent last long. leaves a fresh tingling sensation in your mouth.

lbd

lbdGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never had one before, and never going back to normal floss.

No longer need to use finicky floss material. This thing is so easy. Pressure it provides is enough to remove most stuff stuck between teeth. Charges easily. Its a little tricky getting used to how to hold it at the right angle so you dont spill water down your front, but after a few goes, its simple.

Reed

ReedVic

Great for those who are dental floss challenged

I've never got the hang of flossing with dental floss or dental picks. Flossing with water is genius. I believe that the investment in this machine will save me on dental cleaning costs in the future as a preventative measure.

joleezaSydney

Now I have one that works well!

I was so upset with this product when I first purchased one. I whinged but I put up with a product that was ok at first but terrible after the first 3-4 months I tolerated it until it died. What was I thinking?
I finally woke up to myself and used my warranty and was sent another Waterpik Cordless Plus Water Flosser WP450.
WOW! What a difference! I have had no problems with and am super happy with my flosser. I need it as I have some implants and this flosser plus brushing keeps them spotless.
PS. If you have problems with charging clean the connectors with a small cotton bud and alcohol . Dry Steel wool works really too and is easier to get into the small spaces

Peter

Peter

Worth weight in gold for braces

Rebecca J

Rebecca JAU

Bought it don’t use it often

If you want to knock the plague off your teeth this is the product for you. Despite being squirted in the face more times than I can count it does do an okay job at cleaning. However I don’t use it often and is pretty pricey. Wouldn’t recommend

Kelly

Kelly

Great

Great for my kids braces, eliminates the half an hour they would usually spend trying to floss in between all of the hardware. Lol! Needs to be refilled quite often, but what else could you expect. Do not regret buying this product and works well for normal flossing also.

Joleeza

JoleezaSydney, NSW

If you buy one that doesn’t work, return it!

Lyoness

LyonessSydney, NSW

Great product initially but it does not last

Very disappointed

Does an OK job. But having previously used another brand (left the house when a daughter moved out) this product is so disappointing. Very messy, just floods your mouth with water. Better off using the garden hose.

Buck

Buck

Disappointed

We have been loving our Waterpik [second one as the first died after a few months]. However, now this one has almost died. It hasn't even been 12 months and it is grunting and groaning. We have cleaned with white vinegar as per instructions but that hasn't stopped it from failing. Disappointed.

Ethan

EthanPerth

Can't test this product prior to buying it

Due to hygiene and health issues we can't try this product other then buying it and hope for good.

Spent good money on this - used only a handful of times, with the need to floss after.

Doesn't do the job as described. Built quality feels like this product should cost $25 not $100.
Perhaps some people find it useful, mine is collecting dust.

Good when it works

The Waterpik certainly helps my arthritic hands to keep my gums healthier. The downside of the design is having to press a tiny button to release the attachments. My greatest disappointment is that the battery is so erratic. I haven't worked out whether it's better to use the charger daily or not when at first once a week was fine. Actually this week like the Grandfather Clock - it stopped short never to go again.
I'm thinking of looking for an alternative product that's as effective but not so expensive in case it's also problematic.

Does its job, but very poor quality for the price

I paid $99 AUD for the product, I expected something that had a better design, feel and quality. Product just seems unnecessarily big and more importantly, cheap. Cheap plastic, button functions and charging station. I have an electric toothbrush that I only paid $40 for which has been designed and built much better.

Additionally, even at the highest pressure setting, I feel like it doesn't have enough power to really give me a clean mouth feeling.
It's a great idea, but execution still needs a LOT of work.

Sash

SashMelbourne

Battery issue

This is or was a great product. Unfortunately after 6 months though the product barely works due to what appears to be a battery issue. After reading other reviews, this seems to be a common problem. Simply, it no longer works because it doesn't seem to charge, you can charge for 12 hours and may squeeze about 10 seconds usage before it dies again! I may look at replacing the battery pack, but in all honesty, if this is a common problems, the company should fix it before selling it. Cheers

WillDasked

Why is the water pressure in my Waterpik so low - even though it is fully charged? It barely works.

Shelby rose

There is a pressure setting on the front. Try that.

WillD

Tried it, doesn't make any difference.

Picky

Pickyasked

Hi! My Waterpik WP-450 has a two-pin charging connector, one circular, the other, larger one, a D-shape. Can anyone please tell me which is the positive pin? Thanks in advance.

annamaria

annamariaasked

we are the satisfied users of your waterpik water flosser which we purchased from our local dentist two years ago
recently we are experiencing that the water flosser holds its charge for a very brief moment
we are extremely happy with this product and its excellent results so much so that we have never hesitated to recommend this product to our friends
could you please advise us as to why this is happening
details are as under
Waterpik water flosser
model wp-450a
purchased from Brisbane dental studio 759 sandgate rd clayfield queensland australia 4011
thanking your response in due course
vince de pasquale

joleeza

Hi. I am just another Waterpik user like you9 but I’m wondering if perhaps your connectors are dirty ; the two gold prongs at the base of the flosser that you plug your charger cable into. You can clean these with alcohol, like Isocol, on a cotton bud. I’ve also used small pieces of dry steel wool to polish them up. Make sure you blow out any loose debris left behind.
If its not the connectors it is probably the battery and you will need to contact Waterpik in your area to see if it’s replaceable.
Good luck!

Get an answer from our members and Waterpik representatives

CategoryElectric Toothbrushes and Flossers