Webb & Brown-Neaves Questions & Answers

Verifiedwbhomes.com.au
Sean Pearce
Sean Pearce

Hi, we built a house with Webbies in 2007/8 and were generally very happy with the whole experience and outcome, however over the last 4 years we have had water leaks in our upstairs bathrooms that have required major repairs and insurance claims. The cause, according to the plumbers, are the plastic piping used by WBN to run the water into the bathrooms. We now have our third leak, this time in the upstairs ensuite which is directly above the kitchen! I wonder whether anyone else has had such an issue with a house built in that period? I don't believe it is linked to the recent Iplex Pro fit pipe issues of BGC and a few others, but it is a major concern and being now almost 15 years since handover, I'm worried what is next!

Webb & Brown-Neaves   DM

Hi Sean, Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your concerns about the water leaks in your upstairs bathrooms. We understand how essential it is to have a reliable and long-lasting plumbing system in your home. First and foremost, we appreciate your positive feedback about your experience building the house with WB back in 2007/2008. It's heartening to know that you are pleased with the overall process and outcome.

Regarding the water leaks you've experienced; we take this matter very seriously. We have not received similar reports from other customers regarding houses built in that period, but each case is unique, and we want to thoroughly investigate the issue to provide you with the best possible assistance. To better understand the situation and offer our help, we kindly request some additional information. Please share your contact details and any relevant documentation to our dedicated Service Team at Home Assist. You can contact them at service@homeassist.com.au or (08) 6146 7000. This will enable us to conduct a comprehensive review and get in touch with you promptly.

We look forward to working with you to find a resolution. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you. We remain committed to ensuring the long-term satisfaction and comfort of WB customers.

- Team at Webb & Brown-Neaves

Julie J.
Julie J.

How does Webb & Brown-Neaves pricing compare in the market?

Webb & Brown-Neaves   DM

Hi Julie J, Thank you for your question. Our home designs start from approximately $500,000.

The team at Webb & Brown-Neaves.

Bruce
Bruce

That’s what they told me, I started out with 500,000$ and in the end they billed me for 720,000$.
Their 500,000$ Base does not include Anything.

Bejoy B.
Bejoy B.

We live in the home that was designed and constructed by WBN. We would like to know how to address the following:
1. Pegging between two properties both built by WBN to demarcate the property line correctly.
2. How do we ascertain that there is no encroachment into our property when the perimeter fence/wall was erected by the neighbors in our absence.
3. What is the maximum height of the perimeter fence?
4. In case of masonry wall (brick walls) or installing a color bond fence how these should be constructed on the line of demarcation (pegged) between two properties.
5. Who needs to be hired to establish this discrepancy?
6. What is the correct installation for Pier and the brick wall or color bond?
Kind regards,
Bejoy
M: 0413 098 008

Webb & Brown-Neaves   DM

Hi Bejoy, Thank you for reaching out about your WB built home.

I have passed your enquiry on to our Maintenance and Service team who will be in touch shortly. If you wish to contact them directly please call 9208 9000 and ask for the Service Department.

Should you require any more assistance please do not hesitate to reach out.

Kind regards,
Stephanie - WB Marketing
strichardson@wbhomes.com.au

PallyL

I'm thinking about building an APG Breakthrough series two storey home in Palmyra in the near future. There are quite a lot of negative comments about APG on this site and I'm wondering whether anyone can comment on any experiences with the Breakthrough homes?

bbuilding2012
bbuilding2012

Not sure what the "Breakthrough homes" are but we've been in our APG two storey home for a year now and I can't rave about them enough. The whole process was brilliant - we still had a few little hiccups but I don't know of any build that doesn't. The finished product is fantastic and the follow up maintenance went above and beyond what we expected. Obviously not everyone has the same experience but I'm a very satisfied apg customer and would build with them again! Hope this helps!

$$Frustrated$$
$$Frustrated$$

We are considering signing up with APG homes... We have built 4 times now. So far APG have been competitive, but still seem to be quite expensive compare to other cheaper builders. This would be our most expensive home @$620k and feel bit nervous. Reading the above it seems that WA charges the earth for middle of the range home builds. Can I trust APG with my life savings??? Has anyone had a good experience with other builders?

sam
sam

I have just recently completed an APG home and the process went well through to completing the base structure. When it came to the interior and final touches it was shocking, nearly 200 documented items not done to the standard i was expecting, many of which APG refused to fix. We didn't feel like we got what we paid for at all. I quit working for 2 months just to manage them and the process and legal paperwork for the building commissioner. All just to get the house to a good enough standard for renters. It's been about a month since the renters moved in and between APG and telstra still haven't figured out how to connect the internet to the house as the wiring was not done properly or something. I don't know if another builder will be any better but we will never deal with APG again.

PallyL

Thanks Sam, very disappointing for you I'm sure!

spearam
spearam

I am in the same situation looking at building a double storey breakthrough product. However, after reading these reviews feel very unsure about signing with APG.

Get an answer from our members and Webb & Brown-Neaves representatives