Weber Baby Q Series

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now

Pros

• Compact and portable

• Long lasting and durable

• More affordable than other BBQs

Cons

• Larger Weber BBQs may be more effective

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (2) · No (3)
  • Safety

Unreliable & dangerous.

Our weber goes out all the time... several times in a row. Gas continues to flow under lid.. dangerous if we hit the ignition button!
Purchased in 2018 for $ 329 dollars.

Purchased in April 2018 at Wangaratta for A$329.00.

VeronicaArmidale

Most over rated BBQ

We purchased our Weber based on reviews from other people for our caravan. I would say DON'T it is the most over rated BBQ ever.
We also own any other brand BBQ for home that does a much better job.

The trivet tray does not do what it claims even after following directions as instructed by Weber.

Purchased in March 2018 for A$329.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Veronica, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and we're sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with your product. Can we ask what issues you've had specifically with the trivet? We'd love to help you get the best from your purchase.

JohnBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware: Plastic frames melt

I have owned 2 of these Webers now (one familyQ and one BabyQ) , they are a good BBQ other than the dangerous fault of the steel frame melting the plastic stands when roasting. This has happened to me twice now, yesterday being the latest incident. Its a bad fault for an expensive BBQ so they need to built with a steel stand. Contacted company and hoping for a full refund on both BBQ's...but won't hold my breath.

• +2
Even Heat DistributionYes

Chris G

Absolutely useless and overpriced.

The Baby Q is good for a lot of things - great even cooking as a BBQ. But for Pizza - using the overpriced accessory - it is absolutely useless - not hot enough and stews it to death.

Purchased in August 2019.

Chris G

Preheated for 20mins. The second pizza went in about 40mins after the bbq was first turned on and still took forever to cook. Yes used the foil tray with trivet over and stone on top.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Was the stone in the barbecue when you were pre-heating? and what setting was the barbecue on while you were cooking the pizza?

Not happy

Not happyCentral Queensland, QLD

Accessory pricing

Purchased in September 2019.

Even Heat DistributionYes

VERY DISAPPOINTED

Date PurchasedJan 2019
George

GeorgeAdelaide

Temperature seems stuck on 100

Tried to cook a roast again today. A 1.5 Pork roast is raw inside after 90 min. High for 30 min before putting in the roast. Temp. is now 120c after 2 hrs (30min. heating BabyQ and 1.5 hrs cooking). Christmas Gift from family last year. Have now tried to use three times over the past 11 months. End up bringing in and cooking in the oven.
Have watched all the videos. It looks so easy. What are we doing wrong?

Date PurchasedDec 2017

VeronicaMarcoola

Huge Disappointment

Does not heat up enough to cook a sizzling steak. Have been told by a chef it is because it has just one ring of burners. Don't waste your money go for a bigger model Should not be sold as is, I have even had the Weber people out and told me it was fine, apparently they loved stewed fillet steak

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Gary

Gary

Not my stile of bbq

I was verry disappointed with my baby q gas bbq if you want the smoky flavor of burnt fat then its for you not me their idea of how to bbq is far from mine slow cooks sausages is all i would use it for i prefer the old hot plate that cooks steak ext like a pan with a clean flavor

Date PurchasedSep 2016

VeronicaMarcoola

Biggest disappointment

Had one now for 4 years approx. Not satisfied at all, the guy came out and cleaned it and said there was n othing wrong with it. I like steak charcoal on the outside not stewed. Never had pork crackle ever. If i could afford to toss it and buy something else i would asap but cannot afford to do so. I don't understand how so many people are in love with these bcues I think it is rubbish.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Mick

Mick

Caught fire

I was using my baby q to directions with Webber accessories.
I was using the rotisserie when it caught on fire .
It melted my stand and has ruined my trust and my bbq. I was happy with it until this happened.
My q was given to me as a bday present I’ve been given all correct accessories and use it following all instructions.. my stand melted my bbq was on fire this all happened whilst I went to get a drink ! Not sure if I’ll replace it I don’t understand why it even happened.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
sam

samballina

Continued disappointment

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Webber Baby Q pizza stone

Brought the pizza stone to do pizzas on the Webber. Followed the instructions. Used foil and trivet. Pizzas had thin base and medium toppings,
What a disaster! The pizza was doughy on the bottom and burnt on the top. Would not recommend. Save your money. Save money, dOnt buy the pizza stone and if making pizza , use the oven

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Two temperature settings: very hot and scorching!

It's impossible to slow roast anything. You can really only cook things that need a very high heat, so steaks, roasts and any firm cut of meat are off the menu, I'm afraid. The temperature adjustment knob is far too insensitive - the difference between the highest and lowest temperatures is minimal

What The!!

I have had a Weber kettle for almost as long as I can remember. Not a problem - however, despite following the Weber Q cooking instructions religiously, we have not been able to crack a decent meal. Fact is, it's going to be consigned to the scrap heap and we will revert to the kettle. All too hard Mr Weber!!

ChrisM

ChrisMMelbourne, Victoria

Weber Q100 and Portable Cart NOT compatible

I received a Weber Baby Q 100 for Christmas several years ago and so far have not gotten around to using it. This year I was given a money to buy the Portable Cart to go with the Baby Q. I spoke to the guy at the Weber Specialist shop and said I had a Baby Q and which cart I could get that would suit. He indicated to me this one was the one for the Baby Q. Excited I brought it home and put it together, got my Baby Q out of the garage and who would believe it but the Baby Q does not fit...Not happy.... IF they are going to sell something then maybe they should design it so that it fits all of the Baby Q's out there not just to more recent ones... I was so excited and now think I will just sell them all and go back to the old style barbie

BlakeBrisbane

Not the best

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

No problems Blake - understand, and once again, apologies the product didn't get the job done for you. All the best.
Dave@WeberAustralia

jsambell

jsambellVictoria, 3672

Grease on the Go

Kat1968
Kat1968
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi, thanks for your review and support. Happy barbecuing!

Ian

Ianasked

Baby Q Q100

Are you guys going to bring out a retrofit for the Baby Q for a flame out sensor.? There are a lot of us who have this model and use off a bayonet fitting from the van / motor home.
Now with new Australian regulations, this is no longer legal and I will be mightily annoyed if I have to replace the Que with another brand that does comply.
Thanks Ian

Cossie

Cossieasked

Baby Q Series

We have a weber baby q and the temp on low setting is still around 180 how can you get it lower

Marko

Markoasked

Baby Q Premium (Q1200)

Can this be used with the small screw on non-refillable gas cylinders like Coleman Lightweight 1 lb LPG Bottle in Australia?

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

The popular Weber Baby Q Series is recommended for outdoor areas with limited space. This is a portable BBQ that you can take on holidays without it weighing you down.

Features:

• Compact BBQ designed for travel but still large enough to roast a whole chicken
  • More affordable than other Weber BBQs, which are usually around $100 more expensive
  • Stainless steel burner tubes provide an even distribution of heat
  • Available in red, black and cream

Points of praise for the Weber Baby Q Series:

• Winner of the ProductReview Award for the BBQ category for multiple years in a row, proving to be a reliable and trustworthy choice for consumers
  • Longevity was a point of praise amongst reviewers - with one reviewer claiming that they had been using their Weber Baby Q for the past 13 years
  • Many reviewers loved to take their BBQ camping, reporting that it was the perfect size.
Compare all 4 Weber Baby Q Series
Weber Baby Q Standard (Q1000)
  • 2017

Weber Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

Weber Baby Q Premium (Q1200)
  • 2017

Weber Baby Q Premium (Q1200)

Weber Baby Q Q100

Weight10.8 kg11.25 kg
Gas TypeLPGLPG
Number of Burners/Zones 11
Gas Rate 9 mJ/hr9 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateSep 2006Sep 2006
Replaced byWeber Baby Q Standard (Q1000)Weber Baby Q Premium (Q1200)
Compare all 4 Weber Baby Q Series