Weber Baby Q Series

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now

Pros

• Compact and portable

• Long lasting and durable

• More affordable than other BBQs

Cons

• Larger Weber BBQs may be more effective

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (7) · No (0)
  • Safety
Tony

TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it

Best thing invented since sliced bread.
My only complaint is that the Webber "baby" Q ie generally speaking does not get hot enough to make great pork crackling.
Ive tried everything. Best results generally are a result of pre salting and leaving pork in fridge 24 h.
Pre heat bbq 15 min in wind sheltered area.
Its hit and miss.
Just my opinion.
Overall.......we love it

Purchased in April 2008 for A$350.00.

Albert E

Albert EHunter Region, NSW

Easy to use

Our family loves our Weber Q, we use it at least a few times a week in summer. It truly is a gem and it so handy. It is so much easier to use then any other BBQ we have had before, just make sure you regularly keep it clean.

Purchased in July 2018.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your fantastic review! We're so glad you're loving your Weber product.

Michelle S.

Michelle S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Awsome

This little BBQ is a little gem. Easy to transport so we can have a BBQ down on the river, beach park or friends place. Easy to transport and so easy to cook on.

Purchased in February 2019.

Dan

DanSydney, NSW

love it

I have had this bbq for over a year now and I love it. Friday nigh essential if you are having a bbq or a family gathering. food like steak, sauseges, prawns, kebabs you name it is cooked evenly and precisely. its easy to clean using a steel brush, water and some wipes. the bbq copes amazingly in any weather condition thanks to the lid and the fact that you can move it.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$449.00.

Vanya V.

Vanya V.Perth, WA

A MUST ! To those who love BBQ

It’s easy to carry anywhere . It’s easy to use . It’s relibale . And it’s a perfect size to cook for a get together with my relatives . Easy to store at home.

Purchased in June 2017 for A$300.00.

Leah

LeahDarling Downs, QLD

Great BBQ

This BBQ is compact, easy to use, easy to clean, looks good and produces consistently good food. Very happy with our purchase and would recommend for couples or small families.

Purchased in October 2018.

George D

George DAdelaide

I love this little bbq

I bought this to replacemy old bbq anx i love the even heat and cooking surface . It comes with an optional trolley and a few other bits and pieces or on its own

Purchased in December 2018 for A$429.00.

Schae B

Schae BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beautiful and compact!

From sausage sizzle to large roasts- this bbq is perfect for any type of cooking. Also compct enough to take to destinations with ease. I find that the hood however is a little difficult to clean because of the grainy texture however overall, the best bbq ever!

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for A$499.00.

Thanks for leaving a review! We're glad you love your Weber barbecue.

As for cleaning, definitely get your hands on some of our Weber Q Cleaner! It makes cleaning the lid a breeze :)

Neta

Neta

Love my new Baby Q !

I was delighted with my new Weber Baby Q, we cooked steaks and they came out beautifully cooked and so juicy , not dry and blackened like our old fashioned bbq, and clean up afterwards was just a breeze. The Baby Q wipes clean with ease and the handy cover keeps dust at bay between uses.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

SmokeyBear

SmokeyBearmelbourne

Best gas barbie I have owned

This is the best gas barbie I have owned, no doubt about it. I still absolutely love charcoal cooking but this is just so easy to leave set up and be cooking with a stubbie in your hand five minutes after getting home - no mucking about, Mine is around four years old now and still works as well as the day I got it. By weber standards , its just seasoned in now. No plans to change this - very happy with it,

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Uniblues

UnibluesHawthorn

Just got it out again

Just dug this baby out of the garage as we have clicked over to spring (still freezing in Melbourne) I am looking forward to another year of delicious food and frugal gas use from it. Like the bloke below says "every camper has one" it is literally true - these are great - go to any caravan or camping ground and you will see a sea of these!

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Folders

Foldershawthorn

The Best Choice For Travelling

Just got back from a trip up to Hervey Bay QLD and I can tell you that the baby Q outdid itself- we ate from it most every night. It was a pleasure to do so as the restaurants are generally awful in that state. It used so little gas over the month that the cylinder still feels completely full. I laughed to myself seeing that nearly every caravanner had the same exact one. The Baby Q is "the one" that you want!

Elle

ElleBrisbane

Best BBQ ever!!!!

This small BBQ may be small but is perfect for small gatherings without a huge clean up. It fits perfectly on our small deck and cooks everything to perfection. After the cooking is done, its easy to clean and pushed into the corner out of the way. Great value and size.

Roarpwr2

Roarpwr2Brighton

Used this more than any other

I have had quite a few barbies over the years but this is my favorite (so far). Its the first hooded one I have owned and I originally only bought it because it was on special at Masters (remember them?) Its tuned "just so" and its very hard to stuff anything up on it. Plenty of time for that and a coldie between checking the meat and it always turns out well. I would just say "go for it" these barbie are excellent!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
James

JamesBrisbane

Master chef!

Having owned quite a few BBQs over the years I have finally settled on this one just because I needed something that was portable and good quality as we go away to the beach and camping a lot with the kids. Heats up quickly, can be a pain to clean but I haven't owned a BBQ yet is easy to clean!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

V8Mate

V8MateMoorabin

My summer kitchen!

I love this and would cook on it every day in summer if that was possible! Its packed up now (Victorian winter) but it will be back on the patio as soon as spring happens. It is very frugal with gas (didn't get through a whole 9kg bottle all season) I want to give some real american style slow cooking a go and I'll be looking into this next summer. So far I have just used it as a traditional; Aussie barbie and its been brilliant. So long as the size is correct for you, trust me the Weber is the one you want - its great.

55Fury

55FuryMelbourne

Best BBQ I have owned

My family have had quite a few barbies over the years - everything from charcoal Habashis to a griddle over a dad build wood fire but this is easily the best. I would cook in it nearly every night if I could but the freezing Victorian winter means is out of use until things thaw out. I liked it so much after owning it for a few months that I went and got all the accessories - the breakfast plates and a whole bunch of smoke chips and specially vented tin foil trays still haven't finished the first 9kg gas bottle so its pretty dent on gas too. Can't wait until spring! My favorite barbie by far!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Molly

Molly

Little BBQ big Results

Easy,simple BBQ. Everything you need for a small family, traveling,camping, outdoor BBQ. Lots of power, easy to use...great results. Value for money. Excellent to clean. So light and portable. Best BBQ i have used. Have passed on this review to others . Two of my friends have also bought one.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
FlyFisher

FlyFishermelbourne

A Really Great Little BBQ

This is pretty much our summer kitchen! I always just want this when I think about dinner options in summer. Its so quick to fire up and easy peasy to use. Even if I am just grilling some veges this is the best way to do it. Its super frugal on the gas - one 9kg bottle still going after the whole summer and relatively easy to clean. best BBQ I have owned!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Nerida

NeridaSunshine Coast

Great for camping and BBQs

We got given a Weber Baby Q in 2011 and still have it - we love it! It has lasted years and was great to take on camping trips - we just put it in the back of the ute and it's good to go! It's easy to use, easy to store and move and seems very safe.

Date PurchasedMar 2011

Ian

Ianasked

Baby Q Q100

Are you guys going to bring out a retrofit for the Baby Q for a flame out sensor.? There are a lot of us who have this model and use off a bayonet fitting from the van / motor home.
Now with new Australian regulations, this is no longer legal and I will be mightily annoyed if I have to replace the Que with another brand that does comply.
Thanks Ian

Cossie

Cossieasked

Baby Q Series

We have a weber baby q and the temp on low setting is still around 180 how can you get it lower

Marko

Markoasked

Baby Q Premium (Q1200)

Can this be used with the small screw on non-refillable gas cylinders like Coleman Lightweight 1 lb LPG Bottle in Australia?

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

The popular Weber Baby Q Series is recommended for outdoor areas with limited space. This is a portable BBQ that you can take on holidays without it weighing you down.

Features:

• Compact BBQ designed for travel but still large enough to roast a whole chicken
  • More affordable than other Weber BBQs, which are usually around $100 more expensive
  • Stainless steel burner tubes provide an even distribution of heat
  • Available in red, black and cream

Points of praise for the Weber Baby Q Series:

• Winner of the ProductReview Award for the BBQ category for multiple years in a row, proving to be a reliable and trustworthy choice for consumers
  • Longevity was a point of praise amongst reviewers - with one reviewer claiming that they had been using their Weber Baby Q for the past 13 years
  • Many reviewers loved to take their BBQ camping, reporting that it was the perfect size.
Compare all 4 Weber Baby Q Series
Weber Baby Q Standard (Q1000)
  • 2017

Weber Baby Q Standard (Q1000)

Weber Baby Q Premium (Q1200)
  • 2017

Weber Baby Q Premium (Q1200)

Weber Baby Q Q100

Weight10.8 kg11.25 kg
Gas TypeLPGLPG
Number of Burners/Zones 11
Gas Rate 9 mJ/hr9 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateSep 2006Sep 2006
Replaced byWeber Baby Q Standard (Q1000)Weber Baby Q Premium (Q1200)
Compare all 4 Weber Baby Q Series