Weber Family Q Q300

Listing monitored by Weber

31 questions from our users

JCCasked
Family Q Q300

Hi, I have a Weber Q300 (natural gas) with the electronic igniter and have lost the push down button. Is this available as a replacement item? Thank you

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hey JCC, yes we can give you a hand to replace the igniter button. If you give our customer service team a call on 1300 301 290 or email custserv@weberbbq.com.au and have your barbecue serial number handy our team will be able to organise a replacement to be sent out to you. Thanks.

JCC

Brilliant, thank you so much for the quick response

Les
Lesasked
Family Q Q300

I don't currently have a BBQ and I am thinking of buying a Weber Q series. When I did house renovations I got the plumber to put in a bayonet connection near where I will be using my BBQ. I have read on-line about LPG verses NG and there seems to be pros and cons going both ways. Do Weber recommend NG conversion? Does NG seriously reduce your ability to have a decent BBQ?
Les

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Les, there should be no difference in the performance of the barbecue regardless of the fuel type.
We offer the options to suit your needs best.

Neil M.
Neil M.asked
Family Q Q300

Can I use my Webber wok on my grill.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Neil, the wok accessory is suitable for GBS grills, as they have a removable centre that the wok can sit in.
If you're using the wok on a flat grill, it won't be stable as it has a round bottom.

Sharon
Sharonasked
Family Q Q300

Hello I need to replace my lid /hood on my family q q300 what can I purchase to replace it ??

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Sharon, best to get in touch with us via custserv@weberbbq.com.au or via 1300301290 and we can give you some new lid options.

Bill
Billasked
Family Q Q300

do baby q hotplates wear out?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Bill, it depends what you mean by 'wear out', but all products have a lifespan. If you think something is not quite right, please get in touch and we can look into it for you. Either email us at social@weberbbq.com.au with photos, or call on 1300 301 290 (toll-free). Thanks

Mohamed K.
Mohamed K.asked

Hi can I convert Weber q 300 form natural gas to lpg gas and easy to do please

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Mohamed, you can do this easily, you just need to coordinate with our head office on 1300 301 290. We can organise the parts you need, and if necessary, organise a technician to help do the conversion. You'll also need a new data label that states that your barbecue is now an LPG model, not NG. Thanks

Speedy
Speedyasked
Family Q Q300

We have a weber family Q 12 mths old just build an outdoor kitchen is it possible to get the stainless steel base only to fit our existing Q don't want to spend another $1000 after just paying $829 cheers Mick

janet c.
janet c.

Not sure Mick, suggest you write to Webber direct.
Good cooking, Janet.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Speedy, unfortunately the regular Family Q's cannot be converted to the Built-in 3600 Q's. They are designed completely differently and aren't designed to be built in. Please let us know if you need any more information.

Mike
Mikeasked
Family Q Q300

When I bought my Weber Q it was connected to my house gas. Worked really well. Having sold my house to build a new one I'm now in a rental for several months during the build process. Can I buy a connection for a gas bottle and fit it myself?

Delboy
Delboy

For Safety reasons I would recommend having it changed by a tradesman.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Mike, thanks for your question. You can't chop and change between gas types with any of our barbecues- they are either suited to LPG or NG gas, and have to be fully converted by a licenced technician in most cases. You can purchase the parts from us directly.
To answer your question, no, there isn't a connection that you can just attach to your barbecue to make it suitable for gas bottles.

If you want any further information about the process, please call us on 1300 301 290 and we can walk you through it.

Ed H
Ed Hasked
Family Q Q300

I have a Weber Family Q and would like to replace the grill plates. Are the plates available as a spare part? If so please advise . Melbourne postcode 3180.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Ed, you can purchase new grills from most Weber Specialist Dealers, or you can order them through Weber head office. Can I ask why you need to replace them? If there is damage to them and they're less than 5 years old, they could be covered by warranty. Best to check and call 1300 301 290 (head office)- have your serial number handy when you call. Thanks!

Katie S
Katie Sasked

Hello
I have alder 300 family version bbq
Which ng. Can i please get advice on how to convert it to the propane gas bottles bbq? Thank you

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Katie, you can certainly change it over from Natural Gas to LPG- you just need to call us on 1300 301 290 and have your serial number handy. Our customer service team will be able to organise it from there. Thanks!

Andréa
Andréaasked

Hello
I have a Q-300 that i like very much but this year the small gas control knob is stuck and is not turning at all.
What problem can it be and how can I fix it without breaking anything? The large one works fine as usual. Thanks. Andrea

Jim
Jim

You need to get a gas fitter (plumber) to look at it. Forcing it could break it completely. Wait until the next time a plumber is in your vicinity and ask if she/he can have a look. I am having trouble with the labels on the dials wearing off and the BBQ is new.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

HI Andrea, I'm sure you would have this fixed by now, but in future please call us on 1300 301 290 and we can organise a technician to come and have a look at your Q if you think there is an issue. Cheers!

Jason
Jasonasked
Family Q Q300

Hi, I have a weber Q300 on the patio stand. Things have changed and I would like to put the Q300 into a built in, is that possible?

Bruce
Bruce

Sorry but that is a question for the manufacturer - I am only a consumer like yourself.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Jason, no this is not possible as the built-in Q3600 is set up differently to the Q300- it can only be used on the stand it is attached to. If you need any further info, let us know. Thanks

Manuka
Manukaasked
Family Q Q300

I have a q300 and the burner is burning out, some of the little flame holes have become big holes and because of that the flame no longer goes all the way around and thus is on both tubes. Also my grate is flaking, any help?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Manuka, thanks for getting in touch. It sounds like you may need a replacement burner tube, and potentially a new hose, regulator and valve. Depending on the age of the barbecue will determine whether this is natural deterioration or if this is a fault.

Can I please get you to either phone us on 1300 301 290, or email us at custserv@weberbbq.com.au with some images of the damage, and your barbecue's serial number and we can work out a plan from there.
Thanks!

Evo
Evoasked
Family Q Q300

Hi guys, when cleaning my Weber q for the first time ( second hand Weber ) I’ve scratched the inside of the lid pretty badly, first question, is this a problem, and secondly, if so, how do I fix/repair it. Also can the igniters be replaced?
Thanks for your help in advance

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Evo, thanks for your question.

It really depends on how badly you've damaged the inside of the lid. It shouldn't impact the barbecue, but you never know. If you could email us some images of the damage at custserv@weberbbq.com.au we can give you a clear answer.
As for the igniters, they are covered for the life of the barbecue. Can I ask what's wrong with your igniter?
Thanks Evo.

Gregg
Greggasked

Hi
I have a older q300..Can this unit be connect to natural gas ? Or do i have to change the jet?

DawesvillePete
DawesvillePete

I bought it as a natural gas model, I have converted an LPG BBQ to NG and it was new jets for the 4 burners and a new regulator and hose. So I suppose its possible.

Mikef50
Mikef50

Jets need to be changed to accommodate the type of fuel used, eg, LPG to Natural (Town) gas.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Gregg, thanks for your question. You are able to convert your barbeuce, but there is a process that you have to go through.
Can you please call our Customer Service team on 1300 301 290 and we can organise it from there. Thanks Gregg!

Andrew
Andrewasked
Family Q Q300

Hi. I notice some other Weber style bbqs (not actual Webers) has a removable circular piece in the grill plate, above the central burner, to accommodate a wok. Does Weber have this accessory available or have you heard of an after market accessory? I have a Weber Family Q.

Klattsy
Klattsy

Nope

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Andrew, thanks for your question.

No, we don't have that style of grill accessory, and we don't have any that we recommend for use on our product as they have not been tested. Thanks again!

Black Spider
Black Spiderasked

I have a weberq300
How do I use a work on it?

Peter

Sorry don't understand the question

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Black Spider, did you mean a Wok? Something you would cook stir-fry in?
We don't have an accessory that would let you cook in the Family Q and use the wok, so we cannot recommend anything.
Sorry we couldn't come to a solution. Thanks for your question.

Ray B
Ray Basked
Family Q Q300

what cover would best suit Weber Q300 with side tables folded down , as i am short of storage space

Josh
Josh

Your can buy a cover for that model, fits with the side tables down, standard in the range from Weber.

Peter

Weber has covers for each model. If you don't want to pay for the weber cover you can measure the bbq with the side tables down and see if bunnings has something generic.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Ray, you can use this cover https://www.weberbbq.com.au/weber-accessories/family-q-premium-cover/ - it works the same with the side tables up or down. Thanks gor your question!

Mo Fer
Mo Ferasked
Family Q Q300

I haven't used my grill in a while and I attached a new lp tank today and the regulator leaks from the little hole on it. Where is the trouble? Is that the pressure relief? Why should it leak gas?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Mo Fer, that doesn't sound too good. It shouldn't be leaking, I would suggest contacting us directly at social@weberbbq.com.au with the serial number of the BBQ and we can look into this further for you.

Sharboyasked
Family Q Q300

Hello how should I set up my Weber Family Q300 to roast a large roast (beef eye fillet). Not sure what settings to put the burners on and for how long as I have lost my booklet. Can you please advise?

Hi Sharboy,

The best method to use would be the roasting and baking setting with a convection tray and trivet. Pre-heat the BBQ with both burners on high for 10 minutes, then place the meat on the trivet after 10 minutes and turn the small burner to the low setting. After cooking the meat for 20 minutes you can then turn the small burner off. In regards to how long to cook for, the best way to determine this is to measure the thickest point of the meat and cook 1 minute per 1mm (eg 90 minutes for 90mm thickness)
If you wanted to send a private message with your address, I can send out a new booklet for you?
Hope this helps :)

Sharboy

Thank you that is most helpful - much appreciated

See all Weber Family Q Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Weber Family Q Q300