Weber Family Q Q320

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.4

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (1) · No (0)
  • Safety

Webber roasting

Hey can you still roast even if one side of the Webber has the flat hot plate and the other the grill plate ? It says that it’s recommended for both grill plates but is it mandatory ?

Purchased in January 2018 at Mitre 10 for $800.00.

jGarrick
jGarrickMelbourne

The definition of Multi-purpose!

I am definitely satisfied with the cooking results of this BBQ as this has always good a good meal. It is easy to use with only two controllers for heating. It starts first time and evenly cooks meals. We have cooked a variety of things on it which is why it is Multi-Purpose. it has cooked noodles, English breakfast, steak and lamb, and many other things. A small, convenient, efficient, and easy to use BBQ makes it one the best on the market.

Date PurchasedMay 2011

Saz
SazHomebush

Perfect!!

I have used many bbqs over the years, but when I brought this for my husband we both fell in love with using it, nice and easy and cooks great!
We live in a small apartment so it fits in well on our balcony without taking up too much space.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Saz, thanks for your support. It's great to hear you're enjoying your Family Q. Happy barbecuing!

Aussie 11
Aussie 11Central Queensland, QLD

QUICKLY BECOME MORE THAN JUST A BARBIE - NOW ESSENTIAL

Love our Weber!! So much - We have bought as presents for family and a baby Q to travel with. Great company to deal with - small problems quickly and cheerfully fixed. Joined a facebook page - Weber Addicts - get great new ideas and recipes. Saves heating up your kitchen in the summer as well,

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

HI Aussie 11, thanks for your great review! We are stoked to hear that your Family Q has become an essential in your household. Happy barbecuing!

madgino
madginoPerth

Don't bother with a BBQ - Get a Weber

I purchased this Weber before Christmas, it was a special on eBay and got it delivered to my house within 2 days. Construction was easy and instructions were well written.

Cooking on the Weber is absolutely fantastic, people always compliment on good the food tastes. Food will come out cooked well and still retain its moisture. Meat won't dry out. I don't think I will ever bother with a BBQ again, it's just not the same. It does take some time getting used to cooking, but not difficult. Take the time to look at the youtube video's on cooking instructions, they are well produced. I do find the accessories are a little expensive for it but are of good quality.

Best of luck if choosing to buy one, really hope you enjoy it like I do.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi madgino, thanks for your review! We are happy to hear that you're loving the results of your Family Q. Enjoy!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Mark
Mark

The best BBQ ever

The Weber Q's are the best BBQ's available in my opinion. I'm constantly recommending it to friends and family who have mostly bought the Weber and they're as happy as I am.

It's such a breeze to get great caramelisation and it's so easy to keep clean.

If you want a bigger BBQ get the Genesis like my sister did, it's awesome!!

Date PurchasedJune 2012
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Mark, thanks for your review! Enjoy your barbecue.

Melting plastic together with box

Sorry but this BBQ is not very safe after the box started to melt together with the plastic frame eventually starting a small fire black burning smoke was not safe for me and my friends on Boxing day 2016. l can understand why this Q300 /Q320 have been discontinued will not buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedSept 2013
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Victor, we're sorry to hear of your experience and would love to know a bit more about the event. Can you please email us at custserv@weberbbq.com.au and give us a brief explanation so we can see where we can help. Thanks

Jonthebass
JonthebassGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I use this as my main oven. Awesome

The cooking results are amazing! It helps to "learn" how to bbq with the Weber Q but once mastered you will never look back. So easy to fire up, gets to temperature quickly and retains heat. Weber are fantastic by faultlessly honouring their warranty. E.g. We used to live by the beach where everything rusted and the plates coroded. I contacted Weber and they shipped out from Adelaide to The Peninsula two brand new plates which arrived in 2 days. Even though I offered to pay for them, they sent them out "no charge". Had the same Q for over 8 years now. Brilliant.

Date PurchasedSept 2008
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Jon, thanks for your review! Enjoy your barbecue.

Other Gas BBQs

Webber Family Q - Great BBQ but it melted. Webber customer service was excellent and fixed under war

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi, thanks for your review. Happy barbecuing!

John
JohnPerth

Great BBQ, but very disappointed knowing after my purchase that I could have purchase one from the W

This is a great BBQ, but very disappointed knowing after my purchase that I could have purchase one from the Weber shop with high lid, temp gauge and electronic starter for only $10 more. I contacted the Weber customer support and was told that a replacement high lid with temp will cost me $169.90. I know that the lower lid and no temp gauge can do the same job, but I like the idea of a temp gauge when baking similar idea like to a conventional oven. I think this is not reasonable for Weber to confuse their customer.

williamknevitt60
williamknevitt60Adelaide sth aust 5044

Still learning

We are still learning.
The roast hamburgers & steaks have been perfect, so far no complaints.
Will b trying our hand at many more different dishes.
We look forward to doing this as no more mess in the kitchen & my husband
doing the weber cooking is a great help

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi, thanks for your review and support. Happy barbecuing!

Help......

This was bought as a birthday gift for 1st January this year. Bought cook book and all trays theometer and trolley etc. Can't get any of the 10 roast we have cooked anywhere near perfection. After reading manuals and cookbooks over and over thinking we are missing something still can't get the roasts right very disappointing when you have guests over for dinner. Bbq steaks, chops, all great.

Angry AndersonSydney, NSW

Love it and use it nearly every day

Best thing I have bought in a long time. Cooks perfectly and have used it nearly every day since I bought it. Can recommend it to any one who is hesitant as I was at first. Worth every $

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

WOW - what a great review - so happy to hear you love it.
Happy Webering!
Dave@WeberAustralia

Great for roasting Average as a BBQ

The optional hot plate now a couple of years old falls inside the frame if you try and move anything on it. Waste meat because of this because you cannot get it out. It's natural gas. Takes 4 mins. a side for a medium rare steak, twice as long as my old BBQ and that's with the lid shut. Smokes badly at times, especially when roasting. The dust cover turns the gas on full tilt as you put it on if you aren't extremely careful. Have done this a number of times and woken in the morning with the house full of gas.Yes the BBQ is outside, and you cannot breathe out there. A spark would blow up the neighborhood. So much for cheap to run. Oh and the Weber BBQ tools are useless. Got these as a Xmas preset.

MickdomaAU

Weber quality

Mickdoma

Update - Weber has replaced the lid and firebox (base) in response to a feedback email. No rough edges and I couldn't be more pleased and impressed with Weber.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi, thanks for your review and support. Happy barbecuing!

Chris N.
Chris N.asked
Family Q Q320

Will the stand for a family Q suit other models of Webber? I have a Q2000 and a friend has a stand for a family Q just want to know if it will fit.

J Harper
J Harper

Hello, you would have to measure the width between the feet to see if they would seat properly as once on the stand they are secured so as not to move. Hope this helps.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Chris, the Family Q comes built in with the cart/stand and the barbecue isn't removable from the stand.

If you are looking for the same style stand we have the Patio cart which will work with the Q2000 series, you can check it out on our website here: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/accessories/merchandise-and-more/carts/weber-q-patio-cart/6524.html

Kim C.
Kim C.asked
Family Q Q320

Is the Q2000 and Q3000 cart trolley collapsible for transporting or a one piece assemble unit

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Kim, the Stationary Cart is not a transportable cart once assembled. If you're looking for a portable cart, then our Portable Cart is suitable for Q2000/2200's and Q1000/1200's.

The Family Q does not come separately from the cart

David B.
David B.asked
Family Q Q320

The clip on handle for our weber Q frying pan broke. We have had it less than a year. How can we obtain a replacement handle?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hey David, if you've not already, get in touch with us either via email or through social media and we can help you source a new handle.

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Weber Family Q Q320

Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series
CategoryGas BBQs
Replaced byWeber Family Q Premium (Q3200)
Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series