LPG, Natural Gas

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (24) · No (2)
  • Safety

Andrew N.
Andrew N.Sydney, NSW

The Perfect BBQ

We are using it all the time and loving it... roast, pizza, fish and general BBQ. Heats up quickly, cooks evenly and to perfection. last in all weather, easy to clean after use, it’s great that we can use it as oven as well as bbq.
the best outdoor BBQ I ever had.

Purchased in December 2019 at Mitre 10 for $819.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Andrew, thank you for your great review. We're so glad to hear that you're loving your Family Q!

Brian
BrianGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No Gauge

I bought the family Q online from the Good Guys, it was the most expensive they sold, almost $800 for the unit and by the time I bought all the accessories I required I wouldn’t have got much change from $1000.
When it arrived I discovered that it doesn’t come with a gauge. I think this is an absolute disgrace, almost $1000 spent and no temp gauge.
Contacted a Weber franchise and was told there is in fact a premium model that comes with a gauge but this model can only be purchased through a franchise shop.
I cannot be the only customer who feels really upset by this, now I’m being told that a new lid has to be purchased if I want a gauge.
To say this has left a bad taste but would an understatement.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,000.00.

Ross
RossPerth, WA

Not bad after a week of owning it but some issues

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased at The Good Guys for $789.00.

Becksy
BecksyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not happy jan

Buying a webber q bbq was a big purchase for me.
Cooking joints of lamb at Christmas for a large family, it’s important to get the timing just right.
The 3100, I believed to have a thermostat on the advertisement ,is a complete let down.
Ok, no thermostat supplied with the 3100,
Then, how long do you place a 4 kg lamb in a webber q for and what temp is MAX temp, for how long.
1mm of thickness for 1 minute
Webber, you suck.
I was really excited to get rid of my old bbq.
False advertising, i need a thermostat.

Purchased in December 2020 for $780.00.

Wilson
WilsonACT

Weber family q (perfect steak)

Porterhouse, sirloin all cooked with beautiful bbq flavour on the Weber family Q. Roasting is made easy, perfect for lamb or pork roasts. The nonstick on the grill plates are super easy to clean, especially if done straight after cooking when plates are still hot. With the optional extra cover, that has Velcro fasteners the Weber family q is safely kept out of the weather. Since having the bbq we wouldn’t be without it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Appliances Online for $655.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Glad to hear you're loving your Family Q Wilson! Thanks for the review. Happy Barbecuing!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Flik P.
Flik P.Central Queensland, QLD

Fabulous product

Got it for our son for his birthday he loves it. He has been cooking up a storm. Now he wants all of the bits and bobs to go with it

Purchased in March 2020 at BCF Physical Store for $469.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Flik, thanks for your review we're so glad to hear your son is loving his Family Q! There are some great accessories to go with the Family Q which you can find here https://www.weber.com/AU/en/accessories/. Happy Barbecuing!

David R.
David R.

Easy cooking

Easy to turn on
Easy to move around
Easy to cook with
Easy to clean
This is a great and simple product which makes it easy to cook on every night and unlike other products which begin to fall apart or wear and tear after regular bbq, this one is out performing all its competitors

Purchased in October 2019 at Barbeques Galore for $400.00.

Kylie
KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't beat it!

Simplicity at its best.
Easy to put together and fool proof for anyone straight from the box. Quickly heats. Cooks food to perfection and so evenly. Bbq is easy to clean and is hassle free. Awkward to move around unless your great with a shuffle to avoid stabbing your toes. Looks the part too, very sleak.
Worth every cent to save that stove top from all the fat and oil splatter.

Purchased at Appliances online for $649.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Kylie, thanks for your review! Great to see you are loving your Family Q! Happy Barbecuing!

Sah
Sah

Best Barbecue

This is such a good size barbecue for our family of 4 giving us the option to cook for large and smaller sized family parties. We have always bought webers - they are definitely the best barbecue

Purchased in April 2020 at Weber.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Sah, thanks for your fantastic review. We're glad to hear you are loving your Family Q and being apart of the Weber family.

John L.
John L.

So Easy to Use

We purchased our first Weber Q about 8 years ago and now all our children own one. Read the simple instructions, follow them and you will have no issues with your Webber.

If the starter rusts out, contact Weber and they send you a new one - free of charge.

Honestly, this is the best BBQ you could ever want.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi John, thanks for your review! Awesome to hear you are loving your Family Q. Happy Barbecuing!

Ted
TedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great BBQ does the job - every time

I cook chicken, burgers roasts, sausages, onions on my Weber Q. It's always up to the job, and I get perfectly cooked meat. Best BBQ I've owned. It's fast to cook - and I've never burnt anything. Was on sale - including the cart - I couldn't resist. I love it.

Purchased in January 2017 at Myer for $599.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Ted, thanks for the review! Fantastic to hear you're enjoying your Family Q. Happy barbecuing!

Docker
DockerPerth, WA

Love using it

Great bbq. Took a few BBQs on it to get used to it but the more I use it the more I love cooking on it. Easy to keep clean as I clean it after each use so it keeps a brand new appearance. Very happy with it.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $710.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Fantastic to hear! Thanks for your great review. Happy barbecuing!

Wayne P
Wayne P

Makes me feel like the grill king!

I've had my weber bbq for a few years now and it is brilliant and would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent sized family bbq. Easy to clean as well.

Danik L.
Danik L.South East Queensland, QLD

Had one for years and still going strong

I regularly use my Weber and its brilliant. Starts easily, cooks evenly and consistently and very easy to clean and put away. Love it for weekend barbecues with the family

Zowie W.
Zowie W.Perth, WA

Our Go to dinner, minimum cleaning

We use our Family Q about 3 times a week and it makes dinners taste amazing, and it saves time with washing up, as there is no pans to clean! Couldnt live without it!

Purchased in September 2017 at The Good Guys for $550.00.

Tony
Tonyasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

I have just assembled my new Weber 3100 Q BBQ. I am unable to install a battery. Instructions state a AAA battery. Clearly this will not fit. Tried the smaller battery but couldn't get it in as springload would not allow it to close. Am I missing something??

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Tony, if you have a Q3100, there is no need for a battery in your ignition system. The instruction manual covers both models (Q3100 & Q3200)- the 3200 requires a battery behind the ignition button.

Michelle
Michelle asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi we have just bought this bbq and we noticed that the screws inside the bbq from the lid have started to melt. I questioned hubby maybe he didn’t set it up right but there would be no other way I could see for lid to be positioned without the screws in the inside of the bbq. Please let me know what we should do
Thanks Michelle

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Michelle, did you still need a hand here?

My question would be, are you talking about the screws themselves, or are you talking about the spacers that come with the screws? As these are meant to be on the outside of the lid, not inside.

If it's easier, please feel free to send some photos to social@weberbbq.com.au and we can figure out the issue there.

Cass L
Cass Lasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100) Natural Gas

Can I convert this to use gas bottles - if so where do I get the items from (Glen Iris Victoria)?

See all Weber Family Q Standard (Q3100) questions

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series

Weight34 kg34 kg
Gas TypeLPGNatural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 22
Gas Rate 22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack, TitaniumBlack, Titanium