Choice of LPG or natural gas
Easy to use
Stainless steel burners
Extensive 5-year warranty
Sourcing a Weber Family Q stockist can be difficult
Reviewer Photos & Videos
- Family Q Standard (Q3100)
Can't beat it!
Simplicity at its best.
Easy to put together and fool proof for anyone straight from the box. Quickly heats. Cooks food to perfection and so evenly. Bbq is easy to clean and is hassle free. Awkward to move around unless your great with a shuffle to avoid stabbing your toes. Looks the part too, very sleak.
Worth every cent to save that stove top from all the fat and oil splatter.
Purchased at Appliances online for $649.00.
- Family Q Standard (Q3100)
This is such a good size barbecue for our family of 4 giving us the option to cook for large and smaller sized family parties. We have always bought webers - they are definitely the best barbecue
Purchased in April 2020 at Weber.
So Easy to Use
We purchased our first Weber Q about 8 years ago and now all our children own one. Read the simple instructions, follow them and you will have no issues with your Webber.
If the starter rusts out, contact Weber and they send you a new one - free of charge.
Honestly, this is the best BBQ you could ever want.
Great BBQ does the job - every time
I cook chicken, burgers roasts, sausages, onions on my Weber Q. It's always up to the job, and I get perfectly cooked meat. Best BBQ I've owned. It's fast to cook - and I've never burnt anything. Was on sale - including the cart - I couldn't resist. I love it.
Purchased in January 2017 at Myer for $599.00.
Best bbq I've owned
Best bbq i have ever brought.
Can cook everything on this bbq. Comes with a cook book using the bbq. Great for cooking roasts with the temperature gauge. And can cook the best steaks.
Easy to clean just have to change the drip tray regularly or it starts to smell other then that best thing ever this bbq
Purchased in November 2019 for $700.00.
- Family Q Standard (Q3100)
Love using it
Great bbq. Took a few BBQs on it to get used to it but the more I use it the more I love cooking on it. Easy to keep clean as I clean it after each use so it keeps a brand new appearance. Very happy with it.
Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $710.00.
- Family Q Premium (Q3200)
Love our Weber
Love cooking in our new Weber Baby Q.We have also added the cooking thermometer which ensures accuracy when roasting.the Bbq is easy to clean also.We will recommend the Weber to friends also
Purchased in January 2019 at Outdoor living for $339.00.
- Family Q Premium (Q3200)
The best BBQ ever
Cooks beautifully every time
Roast. Steaks pizza everything
Easy to clean Cheap to run gas bottle lasts ages. Never needed a spare part but they are easily available at mitre 10
Purchased in January 2015 at Mitre 10 for $719.00.
- Family Q Series
Will never use another bbq
Love it, can’t fault and will never use another bbq ever! The flavour, the versatility in what you can do on these bbqs are second to none! All my friends own one or even 2
Purchased in February 2016 at Weber for $420.00.
Has some good features - but nothing really exceptional
We've had a Q3200 for about 18 months - it was our first gas Weber though we've had Weber kettles before. We've used it regularly as a normal bbq and for roasts, vegetables and pizzas since buying.
First off - people who say food tastes better etc when done in a Weber don't in my opinion know what they're talking about. Care in preparation and how you cook the food are what give you a good outcome - not the bbq brand so long as you get something reasonable.
Things to note about Q series are:
1. There are two types - the premium (like the Q...3200, Q2200 etc) which have a slightly higher hood, temperature guage and electronic starter, which are only sold in some outlets, and then the standard version (Q3100, Q2100 etc). RRP for the 2 versions is not much different, but standard version you can often pick up with a 15% or 20% discount. When I was buying mine, I went to 3 outlets and all 3 sales staff looked me in the eye and solemnly told me that I would never see a premium Q3200 discounted in Australia. (Time for the ACCC to look at this?). 2. Good points are that it's easy to start and quick to get going because of smaller volume under the hood. It's easy to clean because the shape, and uses less than half the gas that other 3 or 4 burner hooded barbeques will use. Heat distribution appears reasonably even. Also looks well made with no obviously cheap components apart from all the plastic in the stand and elsewhere - so I'm expecting it to last a bit longer than a $400 hooded bbq available elsewhere. It's also compact - if you don't have much room on the deck or balcony then the Weber may be ideal. Warranty period and support are both good.
Purchased in October 2018 for $740.00.
Perfect with Outstanding Support
Bought this Weber 3 years ago, outstanding bbq! Had a problem with gas not flowing a few days ago, contacted support and was advised it had a 5 yr warrantly and immediately sent out a complete new manifold arrived in 2 days. Outstanding company to deal with, cannot recommend highly enough for both cooking and support!
Purchased in November 2017.
Hey can you still roast even if one side of the Webber has the flat hot plate and the other the grill plate ? It says that it’s recommended for both grill plates but is it mandatory ?
Purchased in January 2018 at Mitre 10 for $800.00.
Makes me feel like the grill king!
I've had my weber bbq for a few years now and it is brilliant and would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent sized family bbq. Easy to clean as well.
Perfect for family barbecues !
Easy to use, cooks to perfection and durable for all types of weather! Is a go to especially when camping. Easily portable and easy to clean. Would recommend to all family and friends !
Purchased in February 2018.
My Weber Q is one of the best purchases I have ever made. It cooks all foods really well, and the pizza stone is a must-it cooks pizza to perfection and this is what we cook the most on the Weber. WE have cooked roasts on it as well and for this the best accessory is a meat thermometer. For other food like sausages/meat we use a BBQ mat for ease of cleaning but on the odd occasion we did not have the mat then yes, there was more a mess to clean, but one of the great things about having a Weber is the grills- they are not so massive you can't l...ift them-so we simply remove and soak them in a bucket with detergent overnight and they come clean. the rest of the Q is fairly easy to clean with BBQ spray or wipes and Weber tells you how often to clean the BBQ as well. It copes fairly well in the wind as the lid is quite effective. We have it under cover so rain isn't a problem for us, but just close the lid and it shouldn't be a problem.
Purchased in January 2018 at Weber for $700.00.
Questions & Answers
I have weber q 2200 I think it is....the one in between baby and family and no temp gauge on lid.....I was coming a boneless roast pork tonight with both grill on a trivet and disposable tray under it with the holes in it.....now it was cooking for about 35 minutes on high...now I was inside chopping vegetables to also go on weber....i went back outside and there was more smoke then usual....I opened the lid and there was fat fire....inside lid was black and the plastic on frame in couple places had melted is this covered under warranty or an I up for another weber at my expense .....it is only 7 months old any information is greatly appreciated....I'm located in Melbourne Victoria Australia TIA
Hi Joe, we're sorry to hear of you experience and we will be able to work through with you to determine what has happened and how we can best help you under warranty.
Could you please send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org with some images of your barbecue and the serial number and we can look into this for you.
I have just assembled my new Weber 3100 Q BBQ. I am unable to install a battery. Instructions state a AAA battery. Clearly this will not fit. Tried the smaller battery but couldn't get it in as springload would not allow it to close. Am I missing something??
Hi Tony, if you have a Q3100, there is no need for a battery in your ignition system. The instruction manual covers both models (Q3100 & Q3200)- the 3200 requires a battery behind the ignition button.
Hi we have just bought this bbq and we noticed that the screws inside the bbq from the lid have started to melt. I questioned hubby maybe he didn’t set it up right but there would be no other way I could see for lid to be positioned without the screws in the inside of the bbq. Please let me know what we should do
Hi Michelle, did you still need a hand here?
My question would be, are you talking about the screws themselves, or are you talking about the spacers that come with the screws? As these are meant to be on the outside of the lid, not inside.
If it's easier, please feel free to send some photos to email@example.com and we can figure out the issue there.
Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives
- There are two types of BBQs to choose from. One type is fuelled by LPG bottles (liquid petroleum gas), with one bottle lasting over 20 hours. The other is powered by natural gas, which is incompatible with any gas bottles
- There’s a standard range and premium range but the price difference isn’t significant. For example, the Weber Family Q Standard LPG BBQ costs $789, while the Premium version of the LPG BBQ is $799, making it only $10 more expensive. Unlike the standard range, the premium range features an electronic ignition and built-in thermometer.
- The BBQs have a large surface area for cooking on, with two removable folding side tables, which make it easier to prepare food
- Stainless steel burners prevent rusting and ensure longevity
Points of praise for the Weber Family Q:
- Reviewers found this range of BBQs to be versatile. They’re optimum for cooking a variety of foods, such as meats or vegetables
- They’re decent size BBQs that are large enough for cooking for family and friends, yet portable as well, allowing them to be taken on holidays or camping trips
- The BBQs are easy to dismantle, making cleaning a simple process
- A reliable warranty means that many reviewers reporting getting their BBQ fixed or replaced without a fuss.
With a solid 4.6-star rating and consistent winning streak, it’s not surprising that the Weber Family Q has won the award for Best Gas BBQ in 2021, taking out the top position two years in a row. Reviewers lauded the range of BBQ’s ease of use and outstanding build quality.
|Category||Gas BBQs||Gas BBQs||Gas BBQs||Gas BBQs|
|Cooking Plate / Grill Material||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Cast Iron|
|Features||Grill, Hooded and On Wheels||Grill, Hooded and On Wheels||Grill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature Gauge||Grill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature Gauge|
|Dimensions||1090 x 1400 x 740 mm||1090 x 1400 x 740 mm||1105 x 1276 x 534 mm||1105 x 1276 x 534 mm|
|Weight||34 kg||34 kg||35 kg||35 kg|
|Gas Type||LPG||Natural Gas||LPG||Natural Gas|
|Number of Burners/Zones||2||2||2||2|
|Gas Rate||22.9 mJ/hr||22.9 mJ/hr||22.9 mJ/hr||22.9 mJ/hr|
|Manufacturer Warranty||5 year(s)||5 year(s)||5 year(s)||5 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Black, Titanium||Black, Titanium||Black, Red, Titanium||Black, Titanium|
Other Gas BBQs
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.