Weber Family Q Series

Weber Family Q Series (page 4 of 24)

Premium (Q3200), Standard (Q3100), Q320, etc...

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Choice of LPG or natural gas

• Easy to use

• Stainless steel burners

• Extensive 5-year warranty

Cons

• Sourcing a Weber Family Q stockist can be difficult

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (59) · No (4)
  • Safety

Rein
ReinSydney, NSW

best way to cook

My wife gave me a family weber bbq for my birthday, and i would use it late at night after getting home from the hospital for a great bbq dinner for one, also cooked amazing desserts, roasts etc, i have convinced my mate to get one, and he is also now hooked. Do you self a favour and at least try one.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your fantastic review! We're so glad you're loving your Weber product.

jesters4
jesters4Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Can’t do without it!

We’ve cooked Pizzas, eggs, bacon, salmon, fish, steaks, sausages, roasts, potato bakes, vegetables and more on this Weber and absolutely love it!
We use the recommended products to clean the bbq and they do a great job... do it regularly and you won’t be sorry.
If it’s windy or cold, allow some extra time for cooking or cook on slightly higher heat with great results.
We also own a Weber baby q which we now keep for trips in the van

Patrick
PatrickSydney, NSW

Wonderful bbq

Love using this bbq. Easy to use and maintain. Cooks exactly how you want it. Has many accessories and products to add on. Warrenty should be longer though. And they should add on gas meter to show how much is remaining.

Liz K
Liz KSydney, NSW

This is my husband’s favourite!

Steaks, sausages and fish cook so well on our new family Q bbq!!! My husband is loving every time he cooks for our family. My little son also gets excited and helps out my husband. Family Q is a really nice easy to use family bbq that lasts for long time. We won’t look at any other brand since Weber joined our family.

Aal
AalAU

Weber BBQ

Just got this off a friend who was moving and didn't have space for it. OMG what lovely chops it makes. I've cooked lamb, pork, beef chops and also BBQ beef and liver. It cooks evenly and quickly. And ready to clean. You can remove the web and place it on a table meeting it the web-Q

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Easy and clean cooking.

Great BBQs, I got the Weber Q and the Family Weber Q premium, great for cooking of all types meat, bacon and eggs with no mesh or burning. Furthermore they are very easy to clean.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

That's great to hear Hans! We're so glad that you're loving both your Weber Q and Family Q. Happy barbecuing :)

Review collected in partnership with Weber

Geoff
GeoffSouth West, WA

WEBER - THE COMPANY

Sam
SamCanberra

Great BBQs

Weber have always made excellent products and the weber Qs are no different. Using the new weber Q is a different style of BBQing, you need to cook with the lid closed to make the most of them but once down pat they make awesome BBQ as well as roasts and the like

Tim M.
Tim M.South East Queensland, QLD

Great product and excellent after sales service!

Great BBQ and perfect for us. We originally bought when we were living in an apartment due to its compact design not taking up much space but have since moved to a family home and haven't even thought to go bigger since it looks good, and can comfortably cook for 6-8 people.

Not the cheapest BBQ on the market, but the quality shows, and doesn't seem to be anywhere near as much gas as the traditional BBQs we've previously had that were purchase from the big name hardware store...

We've had ours since around 2013, the ignition switch has just failed - but Weber are now sending us a new one free of charge and provided an instructional video showing how to fit.

Excellent service, and very happy with the product.

Jim
JimPerth, WA

Best BBQ ever

This bbq is an outstanding piece of cooking equipment that produces some of the finest cooked food we've had. Whole roast chickens golden brown and crispy on the outside and totally succulent and juicy on the inside is one example. We often use it instead of the oven.

CHEAP Plastic BBQ

I ordered a family Q and received it Monday .
I started to assemble and was shocked that all the parts are plastic except the top and bottom hoods and not metal as I expected from the cost $800 of the item .
I just wanted to let you know how dissatisfied I am with the quality of materials of the bbq I received . Plastic and light weight aluminium.
I would have been better off repairing my old bbq.
Regards
Joe

Kaz
KazGeelong

Very good bbq. Bit pricey

The Weber is a great bbq. Everything cooks very evenly. It's annoying that you have to purchase the hotplate separately( only comes with two grill plates). Easy to clean. Very happy with it.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Kaz, thanks for your feedback on the hotplate. We hope you enjoy your Weber Q!

michael m.
michael m.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer service is great

It hardly uses any gas yet there is enough heat.
My grill rusted after 8 years I rang Weber to order another, they said it shouldn’t rust so we will send it for free.

Tammy
Tammy

It’s been the best thing!

I would highly recommend this bbq, it’s not only a bbq, it’s also a Weber & spit all in one, along with a pizza maker, I cannot fault the product, not to mention the after service for this product is outstanding!!! Extremely happy!

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your review Tammy! We're so glad to hear you're loving your Family Q.

Shaz F
Shaz FGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good sized BBQ with consistent good results

Joe A
Joe Aasked
Family Q Series

I have weber q 2200 I think it is....the one in between baby and family and no temp gauge on lid.....I was coming a boneless roast pork tonight with both grill on a trivet and disposable tray under it with the holes in it.....now it was cooking for about 35 minutes on high...now I was inside chopping vegetables to also go on weber....i went back outside and there was more smoke then usual....I opened the lid and there was fat fire....inside lid was black and the plastic on frame in couple places had melted is this covered under warranty or an I up for another weber at my expense .....it is only 7 months old any information is greatly appreciated....I'm located in Melbourne Victoria Australia TIA

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Joe, we're sorry to hear of you experience and we will be able to work through with you to determine what has happened and how we can best help you under warranty.

Could you please send us an email via social@weberbbq.com.au with some images of your barbecue and the serial number and we can look into this for you.

Thanks.

Tony
Tonyasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

I have just assembled my new Weber 3100 Q BBQ. I am unable to install a battery. Instructions state a AAA battery. Clearly this will not fit. Tried the smaller battery but couldn't get it in as springload would not allow it to close. Am I missing something??

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Tony, if you have a Q3100, there is no need for a battery in your ignition system. The instruction manual covers both models (Q3100 & Q3200)- the 3200 requires a battery behind the ignition button.

Michelle
Michelle asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi we have just bought this bbq and we noticed that the screws inside the bbq from the lid have started to melt. I questioned hubby maybe he didn’t set it up right but there would be no other way I could see for lid to be positioned without the screws in the inside of the bbq. Please let me know what we should do
Thanks Michelle

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Michelle, did you still need a hand here?

My question would be, are you talking about the screws themselves, or are you talking about the spacers that come with the screws? As these are meant to be on the outside of the lid, not inside.

If it's easier, please feel free to send some photos to social@weberbbq.com.au and we can figure out the issue there.

See all Weber Family Q Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Weber Family Q Series

Features:

• There are two types of BBQs to choose from. One type is fuelled by LPG bottles (liquid petroleum gas), with one bottle lasting over 20 hours. The other is powered by natural gas, which is incompatible with any gas bottles
  • There’s a standard range and premium range but the price difference isn’t significant. For example, the Weber Family Q Standard LPG BBQ costs $789, while the Premium version of the LPG BBQ is $799, making it only $10 more expensive. Unlike the standard range, the premium range features an electronic ignition and built-in thermometer.
  • The BBQs have a large surface area for cooking on, with two removable folding side tables, which make it easier to prepare food
  • Stainless steel burners prevent rusting and ensure longevity

Points of praise for the Weber Family Q:

• Reviewers found this range of BBQs to be versatile. They’re optimum for cooking a variety of foods, such as meats or vegetables
  • They’re decent size BBQs that are large enough for cooking for family and friends, yet portable as well, allowing them to be taken on holidays or camping trips
  • The BBQs are easy to dismantle, making cleaning a simple process
  • A reliable warranty means that many reviewers reporting getting their BBQ fixed or replaced without a fuss.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

With a solid 4.6-star rating and consistent winning streak, it’s not surprising that the Weber Family Q has won the award for Best Gas BBQ in 2021, taking out the top position two years in a row. Reviewers lauded the range of BBQ’s ease of use and outstanding build quality.

Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series

CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $789.00$819.00$799.00$829.00
TypeFreestandingFreestandingFreestandingFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast IronCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded and On WheelsGrill, Hooded and On WheelsGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature Gauge
Dimensions 1090 x 1400 x 740 mm1090 x 1400 x 740 mm1105 x 1276 x 534 mm1105 x 1276 x 534 mm
Weight34 kg34 kg35 kg35 kg
Gas TypeLPGNatural GasLPGNatural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 2222
Gas Rate 22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack, TitaniumBlack, TitaniumBlack, Red, TitaniumBlack, Titanium
Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series