Weber Family Q Series
Listing monitored by Weber

Pros

• Choice of LPG or natural gas

• Easy to use

• Stainless steel burners

• Extensive 5-year warranty

Cons

• Sourcing a Weber Family Q stockist can be difficult

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (2) · No (3)
  • Safety
Anna
Anna

Poor quality

This review is for the bbq (3200q) itself, which is very poor quality. I would never buy another Weber product again and would not recommend it. The hotplate cracked, and several steinless parts rusted through, as well as the burner tube. Apparently from heath! They wouldn’t replace the cracked hotplate because we were unable to provide an invoice for it. The other parts were covered under the warranty, but the burner is out of stock in Nz. In all aspects, despite all research - this unfortunately has been a very disappointing purchase.

Purchased in April 2017.

Brian
BrianGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No Gauge

I bought the family Q online from the Good Guys, it was the most expensive they sold, almost $800 for the unit and by the time I bought all the accessories I required I wouldn’t have got much change from $1000.
When it arrived I discovered that it doesn’t come with a gauge. I think this is an absolute disgrace, almost $1000 spent and no temp gauge.
Contacted a Weber franchise and was told there is in fact a premium model that comes with a gauge but this model can only be purchased through a franchise shop.
I cannot be the only customer who feels really upset by this, now I’m being told that a new lid has to be purchased if I want a gauge.
To say this has left a bad taste but would an understatement.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,000.00.

AhmedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed and a cleaning nightmare.

Not straight forward to set up from instructions. Looks attractive. So far have cooked steaks, prawns, salmon, chicken and whilst the results are ok, the taste doesn't justify the cost of the BBQ. The real problem is cleaning after use. This is a total nightmare which involves a lot of recommended cleaning product, scrubbing and exorbitant amount of time. Regretful buy.

Purchased in November 2020 for $800.00.

Becksy
BecksyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not happy jan

Buying a webber q bbq was a big purchase for me.
Cooking joints of lamb at Christmas for a large family, it’s important to get the timing just right.
The 3100, I believed to have a thermostat on the advertisement ,is a complete let down.
Ok, no thermostat supplied with the 3100,
Then, how long do you place a 4 kg lamb in a webber q for and what temp is MAX temp, for how long.
1mm of thickness for 1 minute
Webber, you suck.
I was really excited to get rid of my old bbq.
False advertising, i need a thermostat.

Purchased in December 2020 for $780.00.

CHEAP Plastic BBQ

I ordered a family Q and received it Monday .
I started to assemble and was shocked that all the parts are plastic except the top and bottom hoods and not metal as I expected from the cost $800 of the item .
I just wanted to let you know how dissatisfied I am with the quality of materials of the bbq I received . Plastic and light weight aluminium.
I would have been better off repairing my old bbq.
Regards
Joe

Purchased in May 2019 for $800.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019

not a fan

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Jim
JimARMIDALE

Great cooking but dangerous desgn

The bbq cooks well and with different plates is very flexible. The issue us the design of the wheels to move the barbecue as most people will want to do. One end is fine but the other is a trip hazard as there are no wheels and just a stand to slide along. You need to be physically strong to lift the BBQ to move it. When a simple jockey wheel could solve all of these problems.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Missed the boat

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Tee BoWhangamata

Not well designed

Purchased in September 2017 for $1,000.00.

PedroAdelaide

Marketing and Rationalisation

I’ve just inboxed my 3100 model and I was annoyed that it didn’t have the lid thermometer.
For the sake of $10, why not commonise and end this confusion and frustration for customers.
I want the 3200 lid. Can I swap lids for a fair price? I don’t understand the marketing.
Peter, Adelaide.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Pedro

I eventually upgraded to the 3200 lid.
That was a waste of money. The thermometer was so inaccurate; at least 30deg too high.

LuckyLightsview

Hopeless in wind and low temperatures.

The Weber is ok if there is no wind or if it is not extremely cold. The exterior lid surface is stained and the interior lid surface has minor cooling hairline cracks in it this makes the Weber baby Q very difficult to clean. Have purchase a Ziegler and Brown twin grill and have used this for almost 12 months and cooks better then the Weber, easier to clean inside and out. Much happier

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Lucky, thanks for your review. We're saddened to hear you are disappointed with our product - can we get some further information about the cracks on the inside of the lid sent to custserv@weberbbq.com.au and we'll go from there! Thanks.

Helen
HelenWollongong

Weber covers are a total rip-off

We're on our second cover (silly us). They clearly only last a year in the outdoors, then start to dry and crack, thus letting rain and moisture in. But isn't that what they're for, to protect from the elements? Not everyone has them under a roof! The Weber itself is great, but hey, they need a new fabric, new producer, for the covers. It's a disgrace to pay so much money for something with so short a life! Not happy!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Melting plastic together with box

Sorry but this BBQ is not very safe after the box started to melt together with the plastic frame eventually starting a small fire black burning smoke was not safe for me and my friends on Boxing day 2016. l can understand why this Q300 /Q320 have been discontinued will not buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedSept 2013
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Victor, we're sorry to hear of your experience and would love to know a bit more about the event. Can you please email us at custserv@weberbbq.com.au and give us a brief explanation so we can see where we can help. Thanks

pugsly667
pugsly667Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Weber make it difficult to purchase one of these

I bought one of these and ti was a real chore.
Weber have made the business decision to restrict how these are sold. They are only available in specialist dealers, and not available to be purchased online. This means if you don't live near one of these stores (like I don't) and aren't comfortable giving out your credit card details over the phone (can anyone say fraud) then your only option is a trip back to the earlier 20th century with a cheque or money order.

Weber - how about dragging your business model into the 21st century and allowing your dealers to sell products how the customer wants?

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Joe A
Joe Aasked
Family Q Series

I have weber q 2200 I think it is....the one in between baby and family and no temp gauge on lid.....I was coming a boneless roast pork tonight with both grill on a trivet and disposable tray under it with the holes in it.....now it was cooking for about 35 minutes on high...now I was inside chopping vegetables to also go on weber....i went back outside and there was more smoke then usual....I opened the lid and there was fat fire....inside lid was black and the plastic on frame in couple places had melted is this covered under warranty or an I up for another weber at my expense .....it is only 7 months old any information is greatly appreciated....I'm located in Melbourne Victoria Australia TIA

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Joe, we're sorry to hear of you experience and we will be able to work through with you to determine what has happened and how we can best help you under warranty.

Could you please send us an email via social@weberbbq.com.au with some images of your barbecue and the serial number and we can look into this for you.

Thanks.

Tony
Tonyasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

I have just assembled my new Weber 3100 Q BBQ. I am unable to install a battery. Instructions state a AAA battery. Clearly this will not fit. Tried the smaller battery but couldn't get it in as springload would not allow it to close. Am I missing something??

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Tony, if you have a Q3100, there is no need for a battery in your ignition system. The instruction manual covers both models (Q3100 & Q3200)- the 3200 requires a battery behind the ignition button.

Michelle
Michelle asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi we have just bought this bbq and we noticed that the screws inside the bbq from the lid have started to melt. I questioned hubby maybe he didn’t set it up right but there would be no other way I could see for lid to be positioned without the screws in the inside of the bbq. Please let me know what we should do
Thanks Michelle

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Michelle, did you still need a hand here?

My question would be, are you talking about the screws themselves, or are you talking about the spacers that come with the screws? As these are meant to be on the outside of the lid, not inside.

If it's easier, please feel free to send some photos to social@weberbbq.com.au and we can figure out the issue there.

See all Weber Family Q Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Weber Family Q Series

Features:

• There are two types of BBQs to choose from. One type is fuelled by LPG bottles (liquid petroleum gas), with one bottle lasting over 20 hours. The other is powered by natural gas, which is incompatible with any gas bottles
  • There’s a standard range and premium range but the price difference isn’t significant. For example, the Weber Family Q Standard LPG BBQ costs $789, while the Premium version of the LPG BBQ is $799, making it only $10 more expensive. Unlike the standard range, the premium range features an electronic ignition and built-in thermometer.
  • The BBQs have a large surface area for cooking on, with two removable folding side tables, which make it easier to prepare food
  • Stainless steel burners prevent rusting and ensure longevity

Points of praise for the Weber Family Q:

• Reviewers found this range of BBQs to be versatile. They’re optimum for cooking a variety of foods, such as meats or vegetables
  • They’re decent size BBQs that are large enough for cooking for family and friends, yet portable as well, allowing them to be taken on holidays or camping trips
  • The BBQs are easy to dismantle, making cleaning a simple process
  • A reliable warranty means that many reviewers reporting getting their BBQ fixed or replaced without a fuss.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

With a solid 4.6-star rating and consistent winning streak, it’s not surprising that the Weber Family Q has won the award for Best Gas BBQ in 2021, taking out the top position two years in a row. Reviewers lauded the range of BBQ’s ease of use and outstanding build quality.

Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series

CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $789.00$819.00$799.00$829.00
TypeFreestandingFreestandingFreestandingFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast IronCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded and On WheelsGrill, Hooded and On WheelsGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature Gauge
Dimensions 1090 x 1400 x 740 mm1090 x 1400 x 740 mm1105 x 1276 x 534 mm1105 x 1276 x 534 mm
Weight34 kg34 kg35 kg35 kg
Gas TypeLPGNatural GasLPGNatural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 2222
Gas Rate 22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack, TitaniumBlack, TitaniumBlack, Red, TitaniumBlack, Titanium
Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series