Weber Family Q Series
Listing monitored by Weber

Pros

• Choice of LPG or natural gas

• Easy to use

• Stainless steel burners

• Extensive 5-year warranty

Cons

• Sourcing a Weber Family Q stockist can be difficult

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (5) · No (3)
  • Safety

Anna
Anna

Poor quality

This review is for the bbq (3200q) itself, which is very poor quality. I would never buy another Weber product again and would not recommend it. The hotplate cracked, and several steinless parts rusted through, as well as the burner tube. Apparently from heath! They wouldn’t replace the cracked hotplate because we were unable to provide an invoice for it. The other parts were covered under the warranty, but the burner is out of stock in Nz. In all aspects, despite all research - this unfortunately has been a very disappointing purchase.

Purchased in April 2017.

Ross
RossPerth, WA

Not bad after a week of owning it but some issues

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased at The Good Guys for $789.00.

Becksy
BecksyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not happy jan

Buying a webber q bbq was a big purchase for me.
Cooking joints of lamb at Christmas for a large family, it’s important to get the timing just right.
The 3100, I believed to have a thermostat on the advertisement ,is a complete let down.
Ok, no thermostat supplied with the 3100,
Then, how long do you place a 4 kg lamb in a webber q for and what temp is MAX temp, for how long.
1mm of thickness for 1 minute
Webber, you suck.
I was really excited to get rid of my old bbq.
False advertising, i need a thermostat.

Purchased in December 2020 for $780.00.

David R.
David R.

Easy cooking

Easy to turn on
Easy to move around
Easy to cook with
Easy to clean
This is a great and simple product which makes it easy to cook on every night and unlike other products which begin to fall apart or wear and tear after regular bbq, this one is out performing all its competitors

Purchased in October 2019 at Barbeques Galore for $400.00.

mikema
mikema

Has some good features - but nothing really exceptional

Purchased in October 2018 for $740.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Patrick
PatrickSydney, NSW

Wonderful bbq

Love using this bbq. Easy to use and maintain. Cooks exactly how you want it. Has many accessories and products to add on. Warrenty should be longer though. And they should add on gas meter to show how much is remaining.

Purchased in December 2018 for $799.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your fantastic review! We're so glad you're loving your Weber product.

Sam
SamCanberra

Great BBQs

Weber have always made excellent products and the weber Qs are no different. Using the new weber Q is a different style of BBQing, you need to cook with the lid closed to make the most of them but once down pat they make awesome BBQ as well as roasts and the like

Purchased in February 2016 at Harvey Norman for $750.00.

CHEAP Plastic BBQ

I ordered a family Q and received it Monday .
I started to assemble and was shocked that all the parts are plastic except the top and bottom hoods and not metal as I expected from the cost $800 of the item .
I just wanted to let you know how dissatisfied I am with the quality of materials of the bbq I received . Plastic and light weight aluminium.
I would have been better off repairing my old bbq.
Regards
Joe

Purchased in May 2019 for $800.00.

Shaz F
Shaz FGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good sized BBQ with consistent good results

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $740.00.

Really happy and disappointed

Our shiny new Weber is good to fire up . Our first cook , a small turkey, was a success
Can’t wait to try more

The only disappointment is with the plastic trolley
I purchased online and the pictures look terrific, the only description I could find about durability was for the bbq , I should have looked further, when I unpacked the delivery I expected a metal trolley. I certainly didn’t expect plastic side arms . A little Tacky for the price. The design of the trolley is also tricky, it’s actually difficult to move . More difficult than my old kettle by far , Not a feature to impress

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Mick
MickKorumburra victoria

good product, poor response from Weber.

Bought as package with cart and what I thought had everything. Paid good money. Excellent for cooking however was disappointed that I did not get trivet in package and solid bbq plate. After purchase I completed Weber review company site did not hear a thing. Thought paying nearly $800 for package would have everything.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Bruce
BruceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good but Small

Have had this for a few years now and it has performed well. Took a while to master it though. Tend to cook in trays to minimise cleaning as there is no such thing as an easy to clean BBQ. My only complaint is the size which precludes cooking for more than about 6 people.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Delboy
DelboyPerth / Western Australia

Why two wheels?

Well, last week I purchased a Weber family Q. I have cooked on it three times. Let me say straight up its brilliant!
I however have to move it away from the house as it can be a little smokey, and that's fine until you try moving it.
Why, oh why did they not put four wheels on? For the life of me I can't see what good two wheels serve. Its extremely difficult to move around. How much harder would it have been to put four wheels?

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Pettie Markz
Pettie MarkzAdelaide, SA

Much better than old style BBQ

To compaired this to a traditional BBQ would be an insult to the Weber Q. For starters it's very portable so you no longer also need to own a portable stove. It cools very evenly and the heat is very good. At times can be hard to clean because everything is smaller compaired to a BBQ but there doesn't appear to be us much mess than compaired to a BBQ. Over all love taking my weber out

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Ant
Ant

So useful

I have my BBQ outside on the deck, it does have a cover on it however i have had no issues with it being in the rain and storms. It cooks extreamly well and i have had some great T-bone steaks done on it. It is easy to keep clean, however i do make sure i clean after every use to make it easier.

i love that it has a stand and its very compact yet big enough for the family.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Joe A
Joe Aasked
Family Q Series

I have weber q 2200 I think it is....the one in between baby and family and no temp gauge on lid.....I was coming a boneless roast pork tonight with both grill on a trivet and disposable tray under it with the holes in it.....now it was cooking for about 35 minutes on high...now I was inside chopping vegetables to also go on weber....i went back outside and there was more smoke then usual....I opened the lid and there was fat fire....inside lid was black and the plastic on frame in couple places had melted is this covered under warranty or an I up for another weber at my expense .....it is only 7 months old any information is greatly appreciated....I'm located in Melbourne Victoria Australia TIA

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Joe, we're sorry to hear of you experience and we will be able to work through with you to determine what has happened and how we can best help you under warranty.

Could you please send us an email via social@weberbbq.com.au with some images of your barbecue and the serial number and we can look into this for you.

Thanks.

Tony
Tonyasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

I have just assembled my new Weber 3100 Q BBQ. I am unable to install a battery. Instructions state a AAA battery. Clearly this will not fit. Tried the smaller battery but couldn't get it in as springload would not allow it to close. Am I missing something??

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Tony, if you have a Q3100, there is no need for a battery in your ignition system. The instruction manual covers both models (Q3100 & Q3200)- the 3200 requires a battery behind the ignition button.

Michelle
Michelle asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi we have just bought this bbq and we noticed that the screws inside the bbq from the lid have started to melt. I questioned hubby maybe he didn’t set it up right but there would be no other way I could see for lid to be positioned without the screws in the inside of the bbq. Please let me know what we should do
Thanks Michelle

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Michelle, did you still need a hand here?

My question would be, are you talking about the screws themselves, or are you talking about the spacers that come with the screws? As these are meant to be on the outside of the lid, not inside.

If it's easier, please feel free to send some photos to social@weberbbq.com.au and we can figure out the issue there.

See all Weber Family Q Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Weber Family Q Series

Features:

• There are two types of BBQs to choose from. One type is fuelled by LPG bottles (liquid petroleum gas), with one bottle lasting over 20 hours. The other is powered by natural gas, which is incompatible with any gas bottles
  • There’s a standard range and premium range but the price difference isn’t significant. For example, the Weber Family Q Standard LPG BBQ costs $789, while the Premium version of the LPG BBQ is $799, making it only $10 more expensive. Unlike the standard range, the premium range features an electronic ignition and built-in thermometer.
  • The BBQs have a large surface area for cooking on, with two removable folding side tables, which make it easier to prepare food
  • Stainless steel burners prevent rusting and ensure longevity

Points of praise for the Weber Family Q:

• Reviewers found this range of BBQs to be versatile. They’re optimum for cooking a variety of foods, such as meats or vegetables
  • They’re decent size BBQs that are large enough for cooking for family and friends, yet portable as well, allowing them to be taken on holidays or camping trips
  • The BBQs are easy to dismantle, making cleaning a simple process
  • A reliable warranty means that many reviewers reporting getting their BBQ fixed or replaced without a fuss.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

With a solid 4.6-star rating and consistent winning streak, it’s not surprising that the Weber Family Q has won the award for Best Gas BBQ in 2021, taking out the top position two years in a row. Reviewers lauded the range of BBQ’s ease of use and outstanding build quality.

Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series

CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $789.00$819.00$799.00$829.00
TypeFreestandingFreestandingFreestandingFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast IronCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded and On WheelsGrill, Hooded and On WheelsGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature Gauge
Dimensions 1090 x 1400 x 740 mm1090 x 1400 x 740 mm1105 x 1276 x 534 mm1105 x 1276 x 534 mm
Weight34 kg34 kg35 kg35 kg
Gas TypeLPGNatural GasLPGNatural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 2222
Gas Rate 22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack, TitaniumBlack, TitaniumBlack, Red, TitaniumBlack, Titanium
Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series