Weber Family Q Series
Listing monitored by Weber

Pros

• Choice of LPG or natural gas

• Easy to use

• Stainless steel burners

• Extensive 5-year warranty

Cons

• Sourcing a Weber Family Q stockist can be difficult

1.5
  • Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes · No (3)
  • Safety
Becksy
BecksyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not happy jan

Buying a webber q bbq was a big purchase for me.
Cooking joints of lamb at Christmas for a large family, it’s important to get the timing just right.
The 3100, I believed to have a thermostat on the advertisement ,is a complete let down.
Ok, no thermostat supplied with the 3100,
Then, how long do you place a 4 kg lamb in a webber q for and what temp is MAX temp, for how long.
1mm of thickness for 1 minute
Webber, you suck.
I was really excited to get rid of my old bbq.
False advertising, i need a thermostat.

Purchased in December 2020 for $780.00.

Preheating Speed
Safety

CHEAP Plastic BBQ

I ordered a family Q and received it Monday .
I started to assemble and was shocked that all the parts are plastic except the top and bottom hoods and not metal as I expected from the cost $800 of the item .
I just wanted to let you know how dissatisfied I am with the quality of materials of the bbq I received . Plastic and light weight aluminium.
I would have been better off repairing my old bbq.
Regards
Joe

Purchased in May 2019 for $800.00.

Other Gas BBQs

Tee BoWhangamata

Not well designed

Purchased in September 2017 for $1,000.00.

Preheating Speed
Safety
Gas BBQs

Find out how Weber Family Q Series compares to other Gas BBQs

Joe A
Joe Aasked
Family Q Series

I have weber q 2200 I think it is....the one in between baby and family and no temp gauge on lid.....I was coming a boneless roast pork tonight with both grill on a trivet and disposable tray under it with the holes in it.....now it was cooking for about 35 minutes on high...now I was inside chopping vegetables to also go on weber....i went back outside and there was more smoke then usual....I opened the lid and there was fat fire....inside lid was black and the plastic on frame in couple places had melted is this covered under warranty or an I up for another weber at my expense .....it is only 7 months old any information is greatly appreciated....I'm located in Melbourne Victoria Australia TIA

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Joe, we're sorry to hear of you experience and we will be able to work through with you to determine what has happened and how we can best help you under warranty.

Could you please send us an email via social@weberbbq.com.au with some images of your barbecue and the serial number and we can look into this for you.

Thanks.

Tony
Tonyasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

I have just assembled my new Weber 3100 Q BBQ. I am unable to install a battery. Instructions state a AAA battery. Clearly this will not fit. Tried the smaller battery but couldn't get it in as springload would not allow it to close. Am I missing something??

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Tony, if you have a Q3100, there is no need for a battery in your ignition system. The instruction manual covers both models (Q3100 & Q3200)- the 3200 requires a battery behind the ignition button.

Michelle
Michelle asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi we have just bought this bbq and we noticed that the screws inside the bbq from the lid have started to melt. I questioned hubby maybe he didn’t set it up right but there would be no other way I could see for lid to be positioned without the screws in the inside of the bbq. Please let me know what we should do
Thanks Michelle

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Michelle, did you still need a hand here?

My question would be, are you talking about the screws themselves, or are you talking about the spacers that come with the screws? As these are meant to be on the outside of the lid, not inside.

If it's easier, please feel free to send some photos to social@weberbbq.com.au and we can figure out the issue there.

See all Weber Family Q Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Weber Family Q Series

Features:

• There are two types of BBQs to choose from. One type is fuelled by LPG bottles (liquid petroleum gas), with one bottle lasting over 20 hours. The other is powered by natural gas, which is incompatible with any gas bottles
  • There’s a standard range and premium range but the price difference isn’t significant. For example, the Weber Family Q Standard LPG BBQ costs $789, while the Premium version of the LPG BBQ is $799, making it only $10 more expensive. Unlike the standard range, the premium range features an electronic ignition and built-in thermometer.
  • The BBQs have a large surface area for cooking on, with two removable folding side tables, which make it easier to prepare food
  • Stainless steel burners prevent rusting and ensure longevity

Points of praise for the Weber Family Q:

• Reviewers found this range of BBQs to be versatile. They’re optimum for cooking a variety of foods, such as meats or vegetables
  • They’re decent size BBQs that are large enough for cooking for family and friends, yet portable as well, allowing them to be taken on holidays or camping trips
  • The BBQs are easy to dismantle, making cleaning a simple process
  • A reliable warranty means that many reviewers reporting getting their BBQ fixed or replaced without a fuss.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

With a solid 4.6-star rating and consistent winning streak, it’s not surprising that the Weber Family Q has won the award for Best Gas BBQ in 2021, taking out the top position two years in a row. Reviewers lauded the range of BBQ’s ease of use and outstanding build quality.

Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series

CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $789.00$819.00$799.00$829.00
TypeFreestandingFreestandingFreestandingFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast IronCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded and On WheelsGrill, Hooded and On WheelsGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature Gauge
Dimensions 1090 x 1400 x 740 mm1090 x 1400 x 740 mm1105 x 1276 x 534 mm1105 x 1276 x 534 mm
Weight34 kg34 kg35 kg35 kg
Gas TypeLPGNatural GasLPGNatural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 2222
Gas Rate 22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack, TitaniumBlack, TitaniumBlack, Red, TitaniumBlack, Titanium
Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series