Weber Family Q Series

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

A gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But would you prefer a portable bbq or a freestanding one? What about LPG or natural gas? This buying guide will help answer your burning questions.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Choice of LPG or natural gas

• Easy to use

• Stainless steel burners

• Extensive 5-year warranty

Cons

• Sourcing a Weber Family Q stockist can be difficult

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (49) · No (0)
  • Safety

Andrew N.
Andrew N.Sydney, NSW

The Perfect BBQ

We are using it all the time and loving it... roast, pizza, fish and general BBQ. Heats up quickly, cooks evenly and to perfection. last in all weather, easy to clean after use, it’s great that we can use it as oven as well as bbq.
the best outdoor BBQ I ever had.

Purchased in December 2019 at Mitre 10 for $819.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Andrew, thank you for your great review. We're so glad to hear that you're loving your Family Q!

J Harper

Excellent looks stylish under the alfresco

Cooked Christmas turkey, roasted pork and so good for a breakfast fry up.
Easy to clean using all accessories that are available to purchase.
No problem as it has an excellent lid.

Purchased in August 2019 for $750.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi J Harper, thanks for your review! So glad to hear that you're enjoying your Family Q. Happy barbecuing!

J Harper

Thank you Weber for the thought.

Bloody love it

Lamb chops are great, cooked really well without being dry. Don’t get me started on baked spuds and pumpkin and onions ect. Easiest bbq I have ever kept clean. Mine lives out of the covered area with only a Weber cover( which was in pretty crappy condition) when I got it and is still going after2.5 years.

Purchased for $200.00.

Wilson
WilsonACT

Weber family q (perfect steak)

Porterhouse, sirloin all cooked with beautiful bbq flavour on the Weber family Q. Roasting is made easy, perfect for lamb or pork roasts. The nonstick on the grill plates are super easy to clean, especially if done straight after cooking when plates are still hot. With the optional extra cover, that has Velcro fasteners the Weber family q is safely kept out of the weather. Since having the bbq we wouldn’t be without it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Appliances Online for $655.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Glad to hear you're loving your Family Q Wilson! Thanks for the review. Happy Barbecuing!

Clay
Clay

Love this !
1st Webber I've owned and have found d it so much more efficient than my previous 4 and 6 burner standard barbies. Great even cook and easy as to clean plus looks aesthetic on the balcony
Tops

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $700.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Clay, thanks for the review! Your Family Q looks great on the balcony and we're glad to hear you're loving your barbecue!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Flik P.
Flik P.Central Queensland, QLD

Fabulous product

Got it for our son for his birthday he loves it. He has been cooking up a storm. Now he wants all of the bits and bobs to go with it

Purchased in March 2020 at BCF Physical Store for $469.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Flik, thanks for your review we're so glad to hear your son is loving his Family Q! There are some great accessories to go with the Family Q which you can find here https://www.weber.com/AU/en/accessories/. Happy Barbecuing!

Kylie
KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't beat it!

Simplicity at its best.
Easy to put together and fool proof for anyone straight from the box. Quickly heats. Cooks food to perfection and so evenly. Bbq is easy to clean and is hassle free. Awkward to move around unless your great with a shuffle to avoid stabbing your toes. Looks the part too, very sleak.
Worth every cent to save that stove top from all the fat and oil splatter.

Purchased at Appliances online for $649.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Kylie, thanks for your review! Great to see you are loving your Family Q! Happy Barbecuing!

Sah
Sah

Best Barbecue

This is such a good size barbecue for our family of 4 giving us the option to cook for large and smaller sized family parties. We have always bought webers - they are definitely the best barbecue

Purchased in April 2020 at Weber.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Sah, thanks for your fantastic review. We're glad to hear you are loving your Family Q and being apart of the Weber family.

John L.
John L.

So Easy to Use

We purchased our first Weber Q about 8 years ago and now all our children own one. Read the simple instructions, follow them and you will have no issues with your Webber.

If the starter rusts out, contact Weber and they send you a new one - free of charge.

Honestly, this is the best BBQ you could ever want.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi John, thanks for your review! Awesome to hear you are loving your Family Q. Happy Barbecuing!

Ted
TedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great BBQ does the job - every time

I cook chicken, burgers roasts, sausages, onions on my Weber Q. It's always up to the job, and I get perfectly cooked meat. Best BBQ I've owned. It's fast to cook - and I've never burnt anything. Was on sale - including the cart - I couldn't resist. I love it.

Purchased in January 2017 at Myer for $599.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Ted, thanks for the review! Fantastic to hear you're enjoying your Family Q. Happy barbecuing!

Josh
JoshPerth, WA

Best bbq I've owned

Best bbq i have ever brought.
Can cook everything on this bbq. Comes with a cook book using the bbq. Great for cooking roasts with the temperature gauge. And can cook the best steaks.
Easy to clean just have to change the drip tray regularly or it starts to smell other then that best thing ever this bbq

Purchased in November 2019 for $700.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Josh, thanks for your review. Fantastic to hear you are loving your family Q! Happy barbecuing!

Docker
DockerPerth, WA

Love using it

Great bbq. Took a few BBQs on it to get used to it but the more I use it the more I love cooking on it. Easy to keep clean as I clean it after each use so it keeps a brand new appearance. Very happy with it.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $710.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Fantastic to hear! Thanks for your great review. Happy barbecuing!

Chickie
ChickieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love our Weber

Love cooking in our new Weber Baby Q.We have also added the cooking thermometer which ensures accuracy when roasting.the Bbq is easy to clean also.We will recommend the Weber to friends also

Purchased in January 2019 at Outdoor living for $339.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your review, Chickie! Glad to hear you love cooking in your Family Q!

mike
mikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The best BBQ ever

Cooks beautifully every time
Roast. Steaks pizza everything
Easy to clean Cheap to run gas bottle lasts ages. Never needed a spare part but they are easily available at mitre 10

Purchased in January 2015 at Mitre 10 for $719.00.

Cam.k
Cam.kQueensland

Will never use another bbq

Love it, can’t fault and will never use another bbq ever! The flavour, the versatility in what you can do on these bbqs are second to none! All my friends own one or even 2

Purchased in February 2016 at Weber for $420.00.

Joe A
Joe Aasked
Family Q Series

I have weber q 2200 I think it is....the one in between baby and family and no temp gauge on lid.....I was coming a boneless roast pork tonight with both grill on a trivet and disposable tray under it with the holes in it.....now it was cooking for about 35 minutes on high...now I was inside chopping vegetables to also go on weber....i went back outside and there was more smoke then usual....I opened the lid and there was fat fire....inside lid was black and the plastic on frame in couple places had melted is this covered under warranty or an I up for another weber at my expense .....it is only 7 months old any information is greatly appreciated....I'm located in Melbourne Victoria Australia TIA

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Joe, we're sorry to hear of you experience and we will be able to work through with you to determine what has happened and how we can best help you under warranty.

Could you please send us an email via social@weberbbq.com.au with some images of your barbecue and the serial number and we can look into this for you.

Thanks.

Tony
Tonyasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

I have just assembled my new Weber 3100 Q BBQ. I am unable to install a battery. Instructions state a AAA battery. Clearly this will not fit. Tried the smaller battery but couldn't get it in as springload would not allow it to close. Am I missing something??

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Tony, if you have a Q3100, there is no need for a battery in your ignition system. The instruction manual covers both models (Q3100 & Q3200)- the 3200 requires a battery behind the ignition button.

Michelle
Michelle asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi we have just bought this bbq and we noticed that the screws inside the bbq from the lid have started to melt. I questioned hubby maybe he didn’t set it up right but there would be no other way I could see for lid to be positioned without the screws in the inside of the bbq. Please let me know what we should do
Thanks Michelle

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Michelle, did you still need a hand here?

My question would be, are you talking about the screws themselves, or are you talking about the spacers that come with the screws? As these are meant to be on the outside of the lid, not inside.

If it's easier, please feel free to send some photos to social@weberbbq.com.au and we can figure out the issue there.

See all Weber Family Q Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Weber Family Q Series

Features:

• There are two types of BBQs to choose from. One type is fuelled by LPG bottles (liquid petroleum gas), with one bottle lasting over 20 hours. The other is powered by natural gas, which is incompatible with any gas bottles
  • There’s a standard range and premium range but the price difference isn’t significant. For example, the Weber Family Q Standard LPG BBQ costs $789, while the Premium version of the LPG BBQ is $799, making it only $10 more expensive. Unlike the standard range, the premium range features an electronic ignition and built-in thermometer.
  • The BBQs have a large surface area for cooking on, with two removable folding side tables, which make it easier to prepare food
  • Stainless steel burners prevent rusting and ensure longevity

Points of praise for the Weber Family Q:

• Reviewers found this range of BBQs to be versatile. They’re optimum for cooking a variety of foods, such as meats or vegetables
  • They’re decent size BBQs that are large enough for cooking for family and friends, yet portable as well, allowing them to be taken on holidays or camping trips
  • The BBQs are easy to dismantle, making cleaning a simple process
  • A reliable warranty means that many reviewers reporting getting their BBQ fixed or replaced without a fuss.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

With a solid 4.6-star rating and consistent winning streak, it’s not surprising that the Weber Family Q has won the award for Best Gas BBQ in 2021, taking out the top position two years in a row. Reviewers lauded the range of BBQ’s ease of use and outstanding build quality.

Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series

CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $789.00$819.00$799.00$829.00
TypeFreestandingFreestandingFreestandingFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast IronCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded and On WheelsGrill, Hooded and On WheelsGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature Gauge
Dimensions 1090 x 1400 x 740 mm1090 x 1400 x 740 mm1105 x 1276 x 534 mm1105 x 1276 x 534 mm
Weight34 kg34 kg35 kg35 kg
Gas TypeLPGNatural GasLPGNatural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 2222
Gas Rate 22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack, TitaniumBlack, TitaniumBlack, Red, TitaniumBlack, Titanium
Compare all 7 Weber Family Q Series