Weber Genesis II LX E440

Excellent BBQ

Date PurchasedDec 2018

geehawSYDNEY

Great BBQ

Excellent unit with solid construction. Very good even and consistent heat. Its a bit heavy on the gas when using it for a roast but the outcome of the food is well worth it. You have to change your cooking style as it works best with the lid closed but easy to get used to. I received a free iGrill3 as part of a promotion, at first I thought this was a bit of a gimmick but after numerous perfectly cooked pork and chicken roasts, I would highly recommend the iGrill3 as an accessory to this BBQ. Everything comes apart for easy cleaning and the grease drip tray beats the sand tray found in other BBQ's hands down. It is expensive but probably the last BBQ you will buy.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

stuffCanberra 2600, ACT

A bbq that does what it says on the tin for a long time.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
eXx

eXxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Good BBQ

Very good BBQ in this product!! Does what it needs to do and does it very well. Made from quality material and a very solid unit. Couldn’t be any happy with this BBQ. It makes awesome roasts not to mention what it’s designed for in BBQs. I’m sure it will last for years to come. Well worth the investment.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Simon

SimonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The next range up from the Family Q, impressed!

We had to look for a last minute purchase, and although it is a little expensive for a BBQ the family was impressed with the entire unit. Well built and sturdy. We've only used it once since purchase however it cooked enough food for over 20 people within a short period of time during our Christmas break, easy to use, inbuilt thermometer, easy to take apart and clean. It even has Bluetooth but I didn't pay a lot of attention to the extras. I wanted to make sure it was doing what it should do best, and that is cook a great BBQ!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Hadi

Hadiasked

Sorry just checking this comes with the igrill 3?

Weber
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Hadi, the Genesis II LX E440 Premium comes with the iGrill 3 and rotisserie; the Genesis II LX E440 does not. The premium barbecue comes as a kit, which includes the above.

You can see it here: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/barbecues/premium-gas-range/genesis-ii-series/genesis-lx-e440-lp-black-premium/62014324-P.html?cgid=40#start=1

lou

louasked

Hi, I read somewhere that this bbq is discontinued and I don't see it on the weber web site. And if it is why?

geehaw

People complained there was no sear capability so the new replacement model now has a sear burner. If you cook thinner cuts of meat, a sear capability would be nice. I typically cook thick cuts and never really required a sear capability.

Weber
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Lou, that is not correct. We still have and sell these barbecues currently in most Australian and NZ stores. You can find information on it here: https://www.weberbbq.com.au/barbecues/premium-gas/genesis-ii-lx/genesis-ii-lx-e440/

Annette H.
Annette H.

The new Weber Genesis 2 models are expected to arrive in Australia around July/August. They have been available in the US since November 2018. The LX models were expensive in the US compared to the E-310, which also made them less popular.

james811

james811asked

I just read online somewhere that the LX E440 was replaced due to complaints there wasn’t enough heat to seat steaks and there is now a genesis model with a dedicated sear station called E435?

geehaw

Admittedly when grilling thinner steaks or lamb chops a searing burner would be beneficial. I typically grill 1in thick steaks and use max heat on the burners with no problems cooking the perfect steak. You can overcook the thinner steaks if you wait for the outside to have that seared appearance. Having said that, the total power of the 440 was 52k btu vs 48k for the 435 so not sure how that affects roasting. I have made the perfect pork roasts with excellent crackling on my 440.

James
Haven’t come across either the e435 or the problem. I have had zero problems with my bbq. I cook steak, roasts, sausages, in beef, pork, chicken. I do the veggies and I have Cooke pizzas all with no problems at all.

I do allow the bbq to get to 250 before I put my meat on, that is plenty to sear the meat.

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Weber Genesis II LX E440 LPG

Weber Genesis II LX E440 LPG

Weber Genesis II LX E440 NG

Weber Genesis II LX E440 NG

CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $2,199$2,439
TypeFreestandingFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialCast IronCast Iron
FeaturesGrill, Hooded, On Wheels, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge, Warming Rack and Wok / Side BurnerGrill, Hooded, On Wheels, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge, Warming Rack and Wok / Side Burner
Colour / Finish BlackBlack
Dimensions 1600 x 1650 x 840 mm1600 x 1650 x 840 mm
Gas TypeLPGNatural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 44
Gas Rate 12.6 mJ/hr12.6 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare all Weber Genesis II