Weber Q 200

Weber Q 200 Questions & Answers (page 2 of 4)

69 questions from our users

AMS

AMSasked

Q 200

hello - I've loved my weber q200 - and after several years of living outside (under cover - with 2 weber bbq covers - the grill needs replaciging, self ignition doesnt work and some of the burners have sealed so cooking is now only possible on one half of the cook top. The kettle drum and lid are in excellent condition.

Can we replace the grill given this model is no longer made?
And are the ignition and burner tube covered by the life time warranty?
Overall this has been an excellent bbq that we would love to use over summer.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi AMS, thanks for getting in touch.

We can certainly help you with some replacement parts. It sounds like your Q is on the older side, but we'd need your barbecue serial number to confirm the age, along with the replacement parts it needs.

Can you please email us at custserv@weberbbq.com.au and we'll go from there. Thanks

Quentin J

Quentin Jasked

Q 200

Hi what comes with the Weber q 200 when I buy it?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Quentin, thanks for your question.
The Q200's aren't made anymore so you'd be looking at either the Q2000 or 2200. When you buy your barbecue, you get the cookbox & lid, leg frame already assembled and the grills in a separate part of the box.
It's definitely worth checking with your local Weber Specialist Dealer, as they usually have a combo deal with covers and other accessories! https://www.weberbbq.com.au/where-to-buy/
Thanks!

Linda

Lindaasked

Hi
I have a Weber Q200 which I was hoping to use to roast a Turkey for Christmas. What is the maximum size Turkey recommended. Also I have the roasting Trivet which the box displays a roast with aluminium foil underneath is this safe to use or do I need the convection tray?

Thanks for any pointers you can give me as we have rarely used the BBQ except for the occasional sausage and steak.
Kind regards
Linda

Rachel T
Rachel T

Hi Linda, I’m sorry I can’t help as all we do on ours is sausages and steak

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Linda, thanks for getting in touch.

The maximum turkey that will fit on a Q200/2000 is 3kgs.

It sounds like you may have an older package of the trivet, as we used to suggest using foil, but have since stopped recommending that and suggest you use the convection trays as they are designed for the layout of the Q's, and foil can promote gas pooling and reduce airflow.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Stephen

Stephenasked

Q 200

Is it essential to tether the Webber?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Stephen, thanks for getting in touch.
We're not quite sure what you mean?

Are you asking whether you have to secure the barbecue to a post/structure? If so, then no it is not vital to do so. The Weber Q's come on a base with legs, so placing it on any non-combustible, stable surface is fine. We also have carts available for purchase that can bring the barbecue up to a comfortable cooking height and make it more portable.

If you need any more information, please let us know!

Lynne

Lynneasked

I have a Q200 would a rotesserie used in a Q100 fit mine? Thank you Lynne

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Lynne, thanks for your question.

The Q rotisseries are made to specifically fit the models they are for, so, unfortunately, no it won't fit on your Q200.

Thanks again.

Trevor

Trevorasked

Q 200

I have a Weber q200 and would like to fit a split grill for eggs and steaks on separate sides are there split griddles available. If there are where are they available in Perth?
Thanks Trevor..

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Trevor, thanks for your question.
Some models of the Q200 are able to have clips added to the cookbox to enable split grills to be supported, but it depends on the year of manufacture. This will have to be done through our head office, so can you please call us on 1300 301 290 with your barbecue's serial number and we can go from there. Thanks Trevor.

Dave

Daveasked

Is the Weber Q6505 griddle compatible with my new Q2200AU? Thanks

Charlie
Charlie

Yes it is. Q6505 is for q200 & q220 which is rebadged with an extra 0 on the end (2200).

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Dave, thanks for your question.
Yes, it is compatible with the Q2200, but most people these days prefer the half-hotplate that you can see here: https://www.weberbbq.com.au/weber-accessories/q-half-hotplate/

Hope that helps!

McGeens

McGeensasked

Q 200

My beloved weber q needs a new hose and regulator, the old one is decaying with age. Where can I buy one? I'm having a lot of trouble finding one online. Thanks

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi McGeens, thanks for your question.
We should be able to organise a new one for you, based on your barbecue's age and warranty - please call us on 1300 301 290 and we can go from there!

Emma hubble

Emma hubbleasked

Q 200

Is it still possible to buy a portable cart for a Weber q200? If so, where from?

Hi Emma,

Yes, there is a cart available for the Q200; its the Stationary Cart (8460) that can be purchased through our head office directly. Please call 1300 301 290 to order, and we take Mastercard/Visa payments over the phone. Thanks!

Rughound

Rughoundasked

Q 200

Will the Q 2000 split grill fit my Q 200 grill? - my current Q 200 grill is starting exfoliate but for all intent and purposes it works a treat - I clean it like a a surgeon would clean his implements

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Rughound, thanks for your question.

The Q200's were designed for a full grill and don't have the middle support to hold the split grills up - you can call us on 1300 301 290 and we can organise some clips to be sent out that will help support the split grills.
In regards to the exfoliating, are you meaning that the paint is starting to flake? If so, please mention this when you call. Our customer service team will determine whether you're still under warranty and whether it can be replaced. Thanks again.

Rachel R

Rachel Rasked

Q 200

Will my q200 fit a q2000 patio cart?

Hi Rachel,
Yes. The cart is built to adapt to both Q200 & Q2000 series.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Rachel, thanks for your question.

Actually, Noall isn't quite correct. A Q200 will NOT fit on a Q2000 cart, as the legs are different. You have the option of a Portable cart, rather than a Patio cart. The Portable cart can support the Baby Q and Weber Q models - you can find it here: https://www.weberbbq.com.au/weber-accessories/q-portable-cart/

Mantheos

Not sure about this but looks like the weber guys got you covered!

Danny L

Danny Lasked

Q 200

I just got a used Weber Q. I cant find any markings on it to tell if it is a Q200 or Q2000 or what. It looks like both of them. I cant get it to light. Any suggestions?

Happi Noall

Hi, the Q200 has a logo written on the front, where the Q2000 has it engraved. Also the handles are different, Q2000 is slightly curvier. Hope this helps.

Mantheos

Hey mate sorry for the delay - I am not sure about that But I hope H Noall's response helped

Hi Danny,

You can find out what type of barbecue you have from the above suggestions, or check the white data label on the back of your barbecue/under your side tables. There should be either Q200 or Q2000 written at the top of the label.
In regards to it not lighting, have you checked your gas flow, checked for leaks (soapy water test), cleaned your burner tube and ensured that there are no blockages inside?
If all of these things have been done, please call us on 1300 301 290 and we can go from there. Thanks Danny!

Dave C

Dave Casked

Q 200

I have an older Weber Q200. Will a new high lid with temp gauge fit straight on?

Hi Dave.
You can definitely upgrade your lid to a Premium Q lid with a thermometer.
All the Q lids are easily interchangeable due to the pin-lock system that holds them on.

If you would like to purchase a new Premium lid, please call our Customer Service on 1300 301 290 and they can help you with any installation questions you may have as well. Happy barbecuing!

Do the 2000 2200 lids fit on Q200

Do the 2000 2200 lids fit on Q200

Elvis

Elvisasked

Q 200

How does one go about cleaning the inside of the Weber bowl?

Anti Warehouses
Anti Warehouses

I boil water, sprinkle the bowl with lots of dishwashing soap then pour the boiling water all over that washes the hard bits and the liquids then I wipe it with the BBQ wipes (you find at the supermarket).
I take about one hour in total cleaning and packing it ready for the next time

Don Houghton
Don Houghton

This isn't something you need to do too regularly, (about every 10 to 15 users) simply remove the grates & scrape the inner bowel with a plastic putty knife into the catching tray at the bottom. This is a good time to remove your catchment tray & renew linner / clean.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Elvis, thanks for your question

Don, you're correct! We recommend cleaning the bowl every 5-6 times you use your Q by using the Q Cookbox Scraper. Scrape any debris into the drip tray area and then replace the drip tray once you're done scraping. For more stubborn grime, use a damp cloth once you've removed all the ash and food bits with the scraper.

You might find this video helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-4lg3pvYEA
- it shows you everything you need to know about regular maintenance for your Weber Q.

Hope that helps! Happy barbecuing.

Karenasked

Q 200

I want a cover that fits with the sides down on my Family Q as like to store it out of way, why have these been discontinued?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Karen, thanks for your question.
We the Family Q Premium Cover that would cover the sides of your cart, as well as the barbecue itself. You can find it here:

Thanks Karen.

Karen

This is too big I want one that fits when I fold down the arms!

Sharon

Sharonasked

Q 200

Hi, can I replace my q200 full hotplate with the new q2000 split plates?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Sharon, thanks for your question.

It would depend on the year of your Q200 - certain years need clip additions to support the middle of the split grills.
If you could please call our Customer Service hotline on 1300 301 290 (toll-free), they can determine whether you would need the clip attachments or not.

Thanks Sharon.

Frank

Frankasked

Q 200

what is the difference between Weber q200 and Weber q2000?

which modal is the best?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Frank, thanks for your question.

They are in fact the same barbecue, the 2000 is just the updated version of the 200.
If you're looking at a Q200, then that is a pre-2014 model.

If you're looking to purchase a Q these days, you will only find the 2000's available, unless you are looking at the second hand market.

Hope that answers your question, Frank, thanks again.

DOUG

DOUGasked

Q 200

Does the Weber q200 fit on the Q2000 portable stand please.

Ruth

emg
emg

No! In their infinite (greedy) wisdom Weber have decided to make slight changes in the thickness of the legs of the newer model making the legs on the older Weber q200 models a fraction too thick to fit in the new carts. I found this out after I bought one of the new carts...not impressed. Your best bet is to get on eBay and hope someone is selling a cart for the q200 model because they're no longer in stores...or sell your Weber and buy a better brand of barbecue

Hi Ruth,
The Q200 model needs the stationary cart, where as the Q2000 model will fit on the portable carts.
The legs are slightly different so unfortunately, the Q200 will not fit on the portable cart.
Hope that helps Ruth, thanks again.

MK4

MK4asked

Q 200

I have a Weber Q200 and bought a patio cart using Qantas frequent flyer points. I researched beforehand and didn't see anywhere that the new cart wouldn't fit my older model BBQ until I went to put it together and saw the image of the front of my Weber with a cross through it. Very frustrating. Can you please confirm this cart and BBQ aren't compatible?

mindi
mindi

Sorry but I dont have a cart at all so I have no idea...

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi MK4, thank you for your question and we're sorry to hear that you've had an issue with your cart. We can confirm that your model is not compatible with the cart you have purchased. If you need any further assistance, please call our Customer Service line on 1300 301 290. Thanks again.

Toni H

Toni Hasked

Q 200

What is the smallest capacity gas bottle that can be used with the Q200?

joy671
joy671

sorry I am not in a position to advise this. please contact webber au direct. they have a support line. I have a 9 kg bottle on mine

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Toni, thanks for your question

The minimum gas bottle size we recommend with all of our Q's is 4.5kgs and maximum 9kgs. Hope this helps!

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives