Weber Q 220
See the Best Gas BBQs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Weber

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (4) · No (1)
  • Safety
grant
grant

Solid BBQ that will last for years.

Purchased in January 2008.

Piers n Mel D.
Piers n Mel D.

Great BBQ even better customer service

I use this pretty much instead of my oven or frypan. Cooks all roasts / meats efficiently and they taste great. Easy to clean as you go. Customer service is A1

Purchased in February 2013 at Outdoor living for $330.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Piers n Mek D, thanks for your review! We're so happy to hear that you're loving your Weber Q!

KGro
KGroSydney

Fantastic customer service

Weber's service is exceptional, my igniter had stopped working I called weber customer service and explained I had tried multiple fixes they immediately agreed to send a replacement part. It arrived the next morning and everything is working perfectly. This is how customer service should be and why people are loyal to the brand. Thanks Weber

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your review and feedback! We're always happy to help whenever you may need. Happy Barbecuing!

Bill
BillCentral Queensland, QLD

Best barbeque I have ever owned.

Had for 5 years loved it, wife bought me a zigler and brown, had it for a year now nowhere near as good as the weber, will be buying another weber very soon.

Purchased in March 2014 for $400.

Gemma Heatley
Gemma HeatleySouthwest, VIC

Used to love it, not now

I bought this three years ago as an investment BBQ in red for my husband. Its been used carefully but despite this, the paint has started falling off. I would expect a reputable brand such as Weber to stand normal use. Disappointed to say the least. Would not recommend Weber again.

Purchased in November 2016 for $500.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Gemma, we're sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Q lid. Can you please send us an email at social@weberbbq.com.au with some photos and we can look into this issue for you?

Jed F.
Jed F.South East Queensland, QLD

Webber Q. Awesome all rounder

Bought this from the Good guys. Should probably do a review from them as well. This BBQ is awesome. It roasts, smokes, slow cooks. Have made some of the best roast pork with the best crackle ever.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys.

JB
JBRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent customer service!

I have a Weber Q & the grill broke in half. I called the Weber 1300 number & got a lovely man & they are going to replace it for me. This is a great bbq & great customer service. It is well worth the initial outlay. It’s also good for making pizzas in

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Lisa
Lisa

Fantastic BBQ!!

I purchased the BBQ as a birthday present for my husband a few years ago. We got the high top for cooking roast and it also has the thermometer. It is able to cook steaks so they remain full of flavour without drying out or burning. Roasts are cooked to perfection and the vegetables can be placed to the sides, saving washing up. We were so impressed with the way it cooks, we now cook practically everything on it from damper to crabs!! It has good even heating.The BBQ is very easy to clean with the wire cleaning brush and also very economical on gas. We have ended up buying one for our son, our daughter and another for camping.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
quen131
quen131

the on brand of BBQ i would own

Had for 4 year now , easy to keep clean, cooks and roast perfectly, robust Except the side tables but still strong enough to put a tray of meat on them, will only buy a weber from now on , Wife threw out grill plate in packaging Weber replace free of charge , Customer service 2nd to none ,

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Summerz
SummerzCanberra

tough bbq

It's been on the balcony for over 3yrs now, and still looks great. The electronic ignition starts the flames perfectly every time. I've found it easy to clean with simply turning up to maximum for 15mins and allowing all the grease to smoke, cleaning the charcoal residue after. Easy to clean

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Aaron
Aaronbrisbane

Great product but even better customer service

We all know Weber make a great product. It is rather expensive but is reliable and well made. My parents moved home recently and lost the electronic ignition button on their Q220. I rang Weber and they sent me a replacement part for no charge. Didn't ask for a receipt, serial number, where I bought it. Nothing. Was in the letterbox in 3 days. This company is leading the way for customer service. I will not even look at another brand when I go looking for a new BBQ.

Date PurchasedFeb 2007
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Aaron, thanks for your review. We're so glad to hear that you're loving your barbecue. Enjoy, and happy barbecuing!

DisneyDancerFan
DisneyDancerFanWauchope

Nice little BBQ, I love it for various reasons.

It is super easy to use, I frequently cook Korean Bulgogi and BBQ any meats to cook on this. It cooks them perfectly all the way though, and slightly chars it causing lovely flavor to any dish/meat. I highly recommend this product, as it has served me very well over the years!

Date PurchasedJuly 2010
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi, thanks for your review and support. Happy barbecuing!

Brettski
BrettskiNSW, 2035

10 years on and still going strong!

Date PurchasedAug 2007
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi, thanks for your review and support. Happy barbecuing!

Charlie
CharlieBrisbane

Great build quality

Its a great BBQ with good build quality. Got the Q220 (higher lid and thermometre) with stand and cover for $900 in 2009 and didn't like it as I felt it didn't get hot enough. After reading how to cook on it properly having other bbq's i still pull out the weber. Its built quality is amazing. Its important to know that you cook with the lid down and pre heat prior to use. I would recommend this BBQ to everyone.

I have used a rack ontop of the burners and used coal before with no issue.

Date PurchasedMar 2009
Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Charlie, thanks for your support. It's great to hear you're enjoying your Weber Q. Happy barbecuing!

RobboSydney, NSW

Dangerous. Plastic caught fire.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Leigh1977
Leigh1977 asked
Q 220

Will my old weber q220 for on the new patio stand that I just bought???

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Leigh, the current patio stand is only suitable for the Q2000 series. As your barbecue is an older model the stand which was suitable is now obsolete. If you are looking for a stand for your barbecue we would recommend using a non combustible table or similar which can house your barbecue.

Josh4571asked
Q 220

Will the lid for a Weber Q2200 fit the older Q220 model it replaced. I still have the Q220 and there’s nothing wrong with it other than the lid.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Josh, great to hear your Weber Q is still going great! The lid of the Q2200 model will fit your Q220 model. If you would like pricing on a lid or to place an order our customer service team can best assist you, you can contact us on 1300 301 290 or via our website contact us form.

Josh4571

Fantastic, much appreciated. Yep, coming up to 15 or so years old now! Thanks for that

JO2asked
Q 220

I have loved my webberQ for a year. Last night was my first failure. The roast beef was tough and over cooked. I timed it to the 1 min per 1mm rule. And the potatoes, though cooked, were not browned or crisp.
I possibly opened the lid too often as I was wrorried because it did not seem hot enough and there was no smoke coming from besides the lid as it normally does.
Can you advise please.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi JO2, we're happy to help here. Can you please let us know whether you were 1. using a convection tray and trivet set up and 2. how long you preheated for and on what setting?

Opening the lid often will increase cooking time, as you're letting the heat out each time.

JO2

Yes I was using a convection tray and trivet.
I did preheat for about 15 minutes, but unfortunately had the dial back to front in my head, so had it on low rather than high.
It did not seem to take much time to come up to 200’+ when I realised and put the meat in.
But never any smoke emitted from the bar b at all during cooking.

Hi JO2,

It sounds like the lower preheating setting would be the issue here, as the grills wouldn't have got hot enough to sizzle the fats that were dripping down from the meats, so you would have seen less smoke.

Next time, if you preheat on the correct setting for the full pre-heat time, we think you'll get a better result. Also try not to lift the lid.

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Weber Q 220

Compare all 6 Weber Q Series
CategoryGas BBQs
Replaced byWeber Q Premium (Q2200)
Compare all 6 Weber Q Series