Weber Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Weber Q Standard (Q2000AU) Questions & Answers

MPN: 36515046
4.5 from 184 reviews · View Details

57 questions from our users

John Stephenson

John Stephensonasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

I have been running my Weber Q on bottled gas. Can i use it on town gas without some sort of modification?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi John, it depends on whether you're using Natural gas through the connection, or if there is a central LPG supply that the town uses.

Best to give us a call on 1300301290 and have your serial number handy and we can let you know for sure what you'll need to change over :) Thanks!

KEN

KENasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Hi I have a Webber Q 2000 I was wondering if I could buy A higher dome lid with a temp gauge

KGro
KGro

There is one that is 3cm taller with temp gauge give weber customer service a call on 1300 301 290 they are very helpful

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Ken, you can contact us on 1300301290 and we can give you pricing options. Thanks!

Nadeen Slater

Nadeen Slaterasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Hi guys I just got the Weber Q2000 Portable BBQ Natural Gas and I think I stuffed up it’s for my husband for Father’s Day and we don’t have natural gas can I connect a bottle gas to it or do I need to return it for the other one thanks in advance xx

Ryan J.

Ryan J.asked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

I'm worried about space with the side tables down, can I simply remove them and use the Grill on a bench without the side tables?

Mark B.
Mark B.

I've taken a quick look at mine, it would be possible to remove the side tables - you'd just need to unscrew a few screws and they'll pop out.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Ryan, yes you can remove the side tables if they do not suit your space. The are on pins, so can be removed from the main frame of the barbecue.

Sue M.asked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Can I leave the casserole lid on with the Webber lid down to cook

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Sue, yes you can, as long as it's not touching the lid on the inside.

Thanks for that

Mick.Chris.Ryan
Mick.Chris.Ryan

I just got the Family Q but the instructions don’t tell you where the tether goes

Mossimo

Mossimoasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Cooking fish in foil, using the outer ring at half should achieve 200 degrees???? No gauge on mine just want the Barra to be perfect.

BKGasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

How long will a 4.5 kg bottle last before running empty if you cook on high on on a Q 1200 and a Q 220

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi BKG, we've tested hours of barbecuing based on a 9kg bottle- a Baby Q should get roughly 100 cooks, and a Family Q about 60. Hopefully that helps give you a bit of a guide.

Always best to check your bottle before each cook though, so you don't run the risk of running out.

BKG

I only use a 4.5 kg bottle and was thinking of getting a Q220 and wanted to know usage on that

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

The above tests are what we've conducted, so I can't give you an exact usage on a Weber Q using that sized bottle. Gas usage depends on a number of factors like age of the barbecue, environmental conditions (wind, etc), type of cooking you're doing (roasts, direct barbecuing, etc).

You should get at least 40-50 cooks, but again that's only an estimate and can't be guaranteed.

Sue M.asked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Will a 9kg gas bottle fit on the cart of a Baby Webber Q 1000 series?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Sue, yes. You can use any size from 4.5kg-9kg bottles.

Jenna G

Jenna Gasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Hi, I've had my q for just over a year. Now, after using the solid flat plate once on the left side, it seems that the bowl has actually melted down into the plastic frame...now it sits on an angle. Please help and get back to me on this, cheers, Jenna

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Jenna. It sounds like there was some type of thermal event, like a flare up or fire that has caused your frame to get too hot and warp. Can you please call us on 1300 301 290 with your serial number and some images handy and we can help you out. Thanks

Mark B

Mark Basked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

What are the options for camping fuel? Can a portable canister be used, and if so what one. Do not want to take a 4.5/9 gas canister due to limited car space.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Mark, all of our barbecues are tested with a minimum of 4.5kg bottle, so anything smaller than that and we cannot guarantee the longevity of your cook. You can use smaller canisters, but we don't know how efficient or how many cooks you will get with them if that makes sense.

RobJ

RobJasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Do you have to get a special attachment to hook up to home gas supply?

owen

Yes, the home gas supply is natural gas, not lpg like in a gas bottle, the Q will need a natural gas conversion for burners etc as they are different, I think this can be bought from Weber customer service, or some Q's are already set up for this straight from the box (need to check which version you are buying)

Alana

Alanaasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Is there somewhere to download the assembly instructions for the patio cart 6524 please? We bought one privately "new in Box" that did not contain any instructions and not having much fun trying to figure out how to put it all together.

Joe p

Joe pasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Is it ok to attach a thermometer to to my Weber q 2000... by just drilling hole and attaching it? Do you have Weber thermometers in stick to buy?

owen

You can if you really want to, otherwise you can buy the Q2200 lid, this is the premium model which has a slightly higher lid and thermometer installed, which prevents you from having to butcher your lid, my recommendation is to buy a stand alone 2 probe thermometer or Bluetooth one, as the mechanical ones aren't accurate. I have a $25 inkbird wired one and I'll never rely on a mechanical thermometer and cooking to time again, since using the meat probes I haven't overcooked anything, everything can be set up manually and it has a whole range of preset settings for different meats. If you do go down the drilling route, join the facebook Weber addicts page, they may have some pointers from some who have already done it.

Te N

Te Nasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Hi. I recently bought a Weber Q 2000 with bottled gas for a friend who has a natural gas outlet. Is there an adaptor that can allow utilisation of both lpg and natural gas?

Bruce F.
Bruce F.

No, and indeed even if there was such a thing, it would be illegal to use in Australia...and thank heavens for that. Either swap them over or buy a natural gas unit and have one for each purpose (the bottled gas one is more portable obviously). NEVER play around with gas, your skin is too valuable!

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Te, unfortunately, you can only use one or the other. If you'd like it converted to natural gas, there is a kit you can organise through our head office, and a technician will have to swap it over for you. Please call 1300 301 290 for further information and if you'd like to swap it over. Thanks

Seanasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Will it damage the coating of my grate if I use the steel brush? Also, do I really need to use Weber brand brush or I can use any good quality steel brush. Thanks

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Sean. No, using a grill brush on your grills will not damage the coating- in fact, we recommend you use the brush after every cook while the barbecue is still hot! This cleans the grill and makes it quicker to get cooking the next time.

We recommend you use our brand of brush, as it is made from quality materials and has been tested with our barbecues. With other brands, you may find that some of the bristles fall out, and that can be harmful if ingested. Hope that helps make your decision Sean!

Vinny

Vinnyasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Hi I recently purchased a 2nd hand weber 2000 and there is two hooks inside. Can someone please tell me what they are for?Regards Vince

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Vince, we're not sure what you are referring to? Can you please explain where they are exactly?

Matt

Mattasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

How do I convert a Q2000AU to a Q2200AU? is the top portion of the bbq with thermometer sold separately as a part? If so, where can I order one and how much please? Thanks

Hi Matt,

I found a 2200 lid online. You can just replace your current one.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Matt, you can purchase a new lid through our head office on 1300 301 290. Thanks!

Andrew R

Andrew Rasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Are the side tables the same for the q2000 and the baby q?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

No, they're slightly bigger on the Q2000 than the Baby Q range. Thanks Andrew!

Monique F

Monique Fasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

Will a baby Q fit on the patio cart?

Kanga
Kanga

Yes certainly will.

Hi Monique,

I don't think it will. The Patio Cart is made for the Weber 2000 series. You can use the portable cart though. It can be used for both Baby Q and Weber Q

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Monique- no it won't as the Patio Cart is made for the 2000/2200 series. What you want is a Portable Cart (6579) if you have a Q1000/1200.
If you have a Q100/120, then we used to have the Rolling Cart, but it is now obsolete and sold out everywhere.

Sandy

Sandyasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

I bought a Weber Q 2000 as a gift thinking I would attach a gas bottle. But my friend has a natural gas point in her patio. Have i bought the right one? Is it easy to attach?

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives