Weber Q
4.5 from 458 reviews · View Details

Gas BBQs Buying Guide

There’s nothing quite like an Aussie summer barbie, and a gas bbq can help you get sizzling. But do you know whether you want a portable bbq or a freestanding model? Would you prefer an LPG gas bottle or natural gas? This buying guide is here to help answer all your burning questions.

Read now

4.5

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (60) · No (6)
  • Safety
migo33

migo33Sydney, NSW

Well built and consistent performance.

I've had the Q for 12 years and use it on avarage twice a week. Relatively easy to clean and maintain, consistent results and great customer support. Replacing parts is a no brainer and doesn't cost much.

liv

livSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Makes BBQing fun and easy!

Paul

PaulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Roast Pork mmmm

Fantastic portable BBQ, Does amazing roast pork. easy to pack in the caravan. It is great for a couple, no need to heat up large BBQ area. Close the lid to keep food warm. Use the solid plate for bacon and eggs, yummy.

Michael

MichaelSydney

Great BBQ

This is my first BBQ and it's been nothing but great so far. It's a good size. It's easy to use and there's plenty of resources available if you're looking for good recipes.

Weber products can be a bit pricey, so wait for a decent 15-20% off sale (happens a few times a year if you keep a look out).

As long as you follow the guidelines for usage and maintenance you can't go wrong really!

Outdoor E.

Outdoor E.Southwest, VIC

Wonderful Weber

A fantastic BBQ that is easy to use (I would suggest watching the DV included) once you have used it a few times. Plenty of accessories also that are able to be purchased. This BBQ is great for cooking everything. We have done steaks, breakfast's, including eggs, bacon and sausages and great for pizzas too.
BBQ is very efficient on gas use.
A great buy you won't be disappointed with.

Salman

SalmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Beautiful looking and performing barbecue

We love our Weber Q. We bought it from a Weber dealer along with a trolley and Weber tools. Ours has the temperature gauge.

It heats fast, cooks great and uniform, fires up at a touch of the igniter button and is super easy to clean. The red colour is beautiful and looks nice in our garden. The Weber accessories are of high quality and generally good value.

We find it is super economical in how it uses gas and is so easy to clean and move around compared to those huge unwieldy stainless steel four burner barbecues that everyone has.

We love everything about it except for the flimsiness of the side tables that pop out. They are too bendy and virtually useless for anything over 500g.

Tripple T.

Tripple T.South East Queensland, QLD

Steak cooked perfectly everytime

I mostly do steak, occasionally try seafood and chicken wing, the steak smell terrific and taste just as good.
I originally wanted the baby to go camping but the sales guy convinced me to get the standard Q. It is too bulky to travel, however it is easier to cook for a group of people.
The grill plates weight a ton make it a bit hard to clean, should have stuck to the Baby Q.
The size may be the reason why it takes a while to preheat to the recommended cooking method.

Love our Weber Q

We recently had an issue with our Weber catching on fire and upon emailing Weber to find out how to go about replacement parts we were gobsmacked that they sent us all that we needed FREE to get it going again. Top class service! So very grateful. Thankyou thankyou thankyou. Can't live without our Weber Q!

UMapusaga

UMapusagaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mans best friend

Perfect for bbqs and roasts. It’s portable so I can take anywhere, to the beach or playground and family camping trips.
Easy to clean as long as you look after it.

L.E.B89

L.E.B89Central Queensland, QLD

Love love love my weber Q, customer support is A+

What does this bbq not cook well, steaks come out perfectly, the most succulent roasts you've ever had, I've baked cakes in it, bacon comes out crispy and delicious.
We have had a few issues with it as we live by the ocean and weber has replaces parts for us every single time even when it was past its 5 year warranty! Outstanding!

Maddy

MaddyIllawarra, NSW

Best BBQ

Bought the WebberQ at Christmas time and have never looked back! The grill is good quality and overall so is the entire BBQ. Cooks to perfection every time without fail. Highly recommend.

Brent

BrentSydney, NSW

Best barbie

Great for steaks, easy to clean BBQ the stand is sold separately is a bit expensive which is annoying but it cooks food really well and is easy to take places.

Morgan

MorganPerth, WA

Great intro BBQ for someone new to BBQing.

I'd grown up with a BBQ in the house, but that was always dad's domain. When I flew the coop I had thought about purchasing a BBQ for my own place, but didn't know where to start. Friends and family had recommended the Weber brand multiple times, so when I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy my own Weber was the first place I looked. I'm so happy with my purchase - it's easy to use and clean, is portable, folds up nicely and creates beautifully cooked meals every time. I haven't had to claim against my warranty but I've only heard good things! The community on social media is great too - offering helpful suggestions and recipes to follow. Would definitely recommend!

Greg N

Greg NSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great BBQ; shame about the side trays.

We have two Webers, a Baby Q and a Q2000. As barbecues, they are great. We especially like our steaks done on the smaller one. Both have the fold in plastic side trays and all four trays are virtually useless. They struggle to hold a plate of food to cook or that has cooked, containers of oil or most other items a barbecue chef requires. Looks like a business opportunity for someone who can create a worthwhile direct replacement.

Abu Musa

Abu MusaCanberra

Amazing

This is an amazing bbq, portable and high quality. Much recommended. Got rid of big bbq to completely replace with this for my family. Easy to clean and what i love the most about it is the cooking time is exact unlike the jumback i previously had.

Kay

KayNew Zealand

Poor and chipped out coating // Harmful for health - funny consumer supports

my Weber bbq bowl coating chipped out after two years which is serious risk for family health. I asked for replacement but surprisingly they want to send the bowl and I should replace it myself:) :)

Weber is thinking all their customers have gas fitting certificates :) to replace the burner ///////

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Nicole

Nicole

Great easy portable barbecue

This barbecue is so easy to clean, I love the direct drip tray and ability to replace it with ease. What I hated about other barbecues was the cleaning!! I love the fold-up ability of this barbecue and transportation. So convenient for small flat in Sydney cbd

Mark S

Mark SSydney

I love this BBQ

Date PurchasedSep 2017
owen

owenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great gas BBQ

Having used Weber kettles for a while, I decided to purchase something a bit more portable for camping, and this is the perfect size, having a larger family, needed something a bit bigger than the baby Q, but was still portable. It cooks extremely well, and being a Weber, you get the best customer support, there are no real downsides other than it is a bit bigger than the baby Q, so takes up more room, and is also a bit heavier to lug around, but if this doesn't bother you, then this is the perfect portable lpg BBQ for you.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Row

RowSydney

Excellent product

I never BBQ normally but since buying this Weber q last year I do every week. I got the pizza stone which is so much better than making pizza in the oven. Apart from that I just do normal sausages, steak and breakfast. All works so well. I use it on an ikea appalaro cabinet not the Weber stand.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Ashley D

Ashley Dasked

Q

I have been looking for a second hand Weber Q2000 patio cart, why cant i find one anywhere. Not even one! any ideas why no one is selling these second hand?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Ashely, it might be because everyone is loving theirs so much, they don't want to part with them!

You can find new ones here, and we have free shipping at the moment: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/accessories/merchandise-and-more/carts/weber-q-patio-cart/6524.html

John Stephenson

John Stephensonasked

Q Standard (Q2000AU)

I have been running my Weber Q on bottled gas. Can i use it on town gas without some sort of modification?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi John, it depends on whether you're using Natural gas through the connection, or if there is a central LPG supply that the town uses.

Best to give us a call on 1300301290 and have your serial number handy and we can let you know for sure what you'll need to change over :) Thanks!

Peter-John

Peter-Johnasked

Q 200

Hi I have a Weber Q 2440 electric barbecue. I ought and added the side table flaps as it didn’t come with these . The flaps do not fold under the lid when not in use, although I was lead to believe that this is the case. Why is this ?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Peter, we don't sell that model here in Australia so we're not all that familiar with it but typically side tables will need to be flipped inside the barbecue, then the lid closed on top as they should fit underneath the side vents.

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives