Weber Summit E-470

Great grilling experience

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Ben

BenNewcastle

Reliable and enjoyable to use

This BBQ works great for a small family and small get togethers. Great for a couple of kilo of sausages and a few steaks/veges on the grill. If you have larger requirements than that then you should look at a larger BBQ. The cooktop doesn't show any signs of rust which is great.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
domestic99

domestic99Brisbane

Apple of the BBQ world

Love my weber. Who knew when taking out that second mortgage to buy a 4 burner BBQ that it would become a beloved cooking appliance... The weight of the hood sold us on the quality of the product and how efficient it would cook. Supreme heavy weight grills and swappable flat plate. Back burner for rotisserie cooking useful and I have done a whole suckling pig to perfection. Separate smoker box makes low and slow smoking a breeze, although hard to keep temp low enough, sometimes I just have the smoker box burner going. Ignore the gimmicky lights on handles and knobs etc, the cooking functionality is superior. Oh and the searing station for finishing off reversed seared steak is just loads of fun!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

goose2001

goose2001Perth

Best money ever spent

After seeing some bad reviews on here or this BBQ I had to reply!!!! (I came across them when looking for a second one for our holiday house on gumtree but no luck so far). I purchased this BBQ about two years ago. It is the best $4000 I have ever spent. So sure you can get an imitation at The big green hardware store (you know who i mean) for probably $300 but they just do not come close. Cooking on a grill is quite different from what I was used to at first rather than a bbq plate but once I mastered that our steaks now taste like they are from a restaurant. The last two xmas we have had at our place and now I'm known for the best roasts. Every sunday I do a chicken or roast on the rotisserie. Unbelievably good...

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Terrible

I purchased this weber BBQ thinking I would top all my mates BBQ's and friends and family alike would admire this awesome BBQ for not just the ludicrous amount of money I paid for it, but it's brilliant stainless steel cooking surface. Well the veges fall right through the stainless steel grill plates, and there's stuff all grill plate space to cook for more than two or three adults. My mates laugh at me for wasting so much money and for the fact I still have to use my old BBQ when they come over. The only thing more inadequate to cook for my mates now is this BBQ. Don't buy this BBQ unless you want to be as disappointed as I am.

SteveFlavelAU

Worst family investment you will ever make.

Hi Steve,
I have sent you a private message with some options. I look forward to hearing from you.

Rig30mechanicAU

The best BBQ-bar none.

Having a large family requires a heavy-duty BBQ. My hooded Beefeater (gift from departing neighbours) was getting old, so I went to Barbeques Galore to look at a Ziegler and Brown and was immediately underwhelmed. Not impressed by the quality at all. Went searching.
Gumtree gave me a gem in a lightly used and well priced Weber Summit E470 with Rotisserie, Wok burner, Smoker (built in), flame-thrower ignition, in a beautifully built, high quality BBQ. The great customer service (free cookbook) from the distributer is also excellent.
Not one bad experience to date. Expensive to buy, but quality is remembered after the price is forgotten. I've frequently tried to save money only to learn that "a poor man usually pays twice".

Love it.

Thomas flanagan

Thomas flanagan

The ultimate bbq

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

So glad to hear you love it Thomas - it WILL give you many years of Happy Webering!
Enjoy!
Dave@WeberAustralia

Rob

This is not a BBQ its a mans dream cooking machine.

SteveFlavelasked

Is the Summit really worth it over the Genesis?
Does it get that much hotter?

Rig30mechanic

The addition of the extra burner in the centre and the built-in smoker box is incredible. Even thawed from frozen steak turns out very well.

Rob

the summit has the sear burner in the middle great if your a steak lover. Also the summit has a smoker box, built in rotisserie and a rotisserie burner. The only down side is the price difference $1600 for the genesis or $4300 for the summit that's $2700 but if you have the cash get the summit other wise you will kick yourself later.

SteveFlavel

Based on your replies, I purchased the Summit. I had concerns that the BBQ (in comparison to other brands with higher BTU ratings) wouldn't get hot enough. Well the BBQ heats up to 400 degrees within 5-7 minutes and the "flame tamers" get literally red hot in the process. I was also a little concerned (moving from a 6 burner) that I wouldn't have enough room, but the even temperature cooking surface nullifies that issue.

My only "complaint" is that they should have the grill plate standard as a cross hatch formation. Then you wouldn't have to turn the steak 90 degrees half way through cooking to get that classic cross hatch look. (First world problems :) - I believe you can get this as an extra but I prefer the stainless steel grill plate to the enameled cast iron.

Thanks for the advice...

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

CategoryGas BBQs
Price (RRP) $4,299
TypeFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialStainless Steel
FeaturesGrill, Hooded, Infrared Cooking, On Wheels, Rotisserie Compatible, Smoker, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge, Warming Rack and Wok / Side Burner
Colour / Finish Black