Weis Sorbet 1L

Weis Sorbet 1L

See the Best Ice Creams in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Weis? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.4

Daine
DaineSydney Surrounds, NSW

Tastes rotten?

Cracked open a new tub with over a year left on the expiration date and it was a washed out yellow with some dark specks mixed in. Flavour was immediately wrong; not just sour, but as if I had bitten into a rotten mango. My last tub was a similar pale yellow but at least tasted passable, though less rich than I'd come to expect (and enjoy).

Thought I may have gotten a bad batch, but it seems other people have had this issue over the past few months? I've attached a photo so you can compare it to another reviewer's old picture showing a colourful orange.

Purchased in at Coles Online for $9.

Dan
DanSydney, NSW

The changed recipe in round tub is awful - ruined by large takeover

The new manufacturer (Unilever) in the round tubs make an inferior product - The taste and smell are not consistent as others have reported. My tub taste and smells like rotting mangoes and it's awful. Not buying again - sad demise for Australian favourite and another cost-cutting manufacturing disaster.

Purchased in at Coles for $6.

Taste has changed

They have recently changed the look of the tubs (the new rounded ones rather than rectangular). Now sour and sweet whereas it used to taste like real mangos. Funny enough the new mango and cream split tub still has the same old mango weis flavour. Not sure why the regular tubs don’t taste the same anymore.

Purchased in for $8.

Nick
Nick

Lemon is flavourless

Doesn't taste overly sweet which is good, but then lacks the tangy sourness of good lemon sorbet. Quite bland actually.

Ice Creams