Western Union

Western Union Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

27 questions from our users

Marcia
Marciaasked

When a person get banned...how long does the banned lost for...when can they start use back western union?

sophycurrie

I cannot answer that as I have not experienced nor have I heard of a person being banned. You should ask western union
Hope that answers your question

Hope that answers your question

Cat

I got banned and blocked from western union. Because they thought I was being scammed. I tried to tell them in no uncertain terms that i wasnt as it was my husband who I was sending money too. But they wouldn't have a bar of it. Anyway to get out if it. I had to send reciepts and receipts from the other end of who it was going to...I told them that was ridiculous tried and tried to explain to them my predicament... but they said the only way I could get unblocked was to do what they said I politely told them to f.....off

Andyleesmith
Andyleesmithasked

I have recently started seeing a girl from Thailand, and want to send her money, but she says she isn’t blocked and can’t receive, why would this be and how can I get her unblocked?

Ben Dover
Ben Dover

You can’t. Western Union will flag this as a romance scam, even if it’s legit. They have nothing to lose anyway, but they’ll block you from sending your money. They’ll take the money though, then hold on to it for at least 7 days before they return it to you after you nag them endlessly.

Asha Sekandi
Asha Sekandiasked

Someone picked UP my money please help me to find that person?

Brucelee118
Brucelee118asked

Why are my last 2 transactions to Ghana being refunded back to me?

caledonia

My sister works there at WU she says, Ghana, along with Nigeria and Zimbabwe are on a blacklist, and only so much money gets allowed to go in per Month.

sillismilieasked

Western Union ,as a worldwide concern, does 1000s of successful transfers every day? Problems do happen with the online service at times understandably, When these problems occur, WU are a nightmare. I am absolutely sure, they have nowhere near enough staff to follow through the number of complaints that they do get. After 3 years of successfully sending my filipina girlfriend a weekly allowance, from Auckland NZ, then going on holiday to the UK, and trying to send from there, they blocked the transfer and after many emails back and forth, banned me from either sending or receiving via their service. ( read that as disservice)
Absolutely pathetic. WU, You are disgusting.

chaz h
chaz h

i am with you on this i now am using world remit not only is it cheaper but i can send it on line had no problems in over 6 months thanks Chaz

Same here Chas. I've been using WR too, since the hassles with WU in April 2013

caledonia

Be very careful sending money to woman in the Philippines, my friend was doing the same , and it turned out she was a prostitute who had 8 men from all over the place sending her money. they get xpats to invent stories and write letters from them, is your girlfriend from Angeles, is her name Millie ?, can you send me a photo of her, and i will see if i know her. i hope your having safe sex when your over there.
cheers.

ken
kenasked

why do I have a limit for the amount that I can send each month should what I want it to be and I can send when I what to not have to wait 30 days to send it again

John C
John C

Ask wu, I have no idea what sort of logic that dysfunctional company uses for any of its decisions

marissa.baclaan
marissa.baclaanasked

Western Union? hello good day to you.
ill just want to ask. and share you what ive done in western union
last june 30 i send money! as you share to the tv that you have a promo from june 30 to july 6 that you have a promo. a 1000php it will rate 20php only. unless its a 55php.
then ill send 2000php. they want me to pay 2110php. ill just ask why they dont bill me a regular price that you have a promo that will cost 20php in 1000php.? and the WU casher is giving me a simple reciept.
hoping for your advise. have a great day

paul
paul

I don't understand what you are asking me. I don't work for western union. The best advice i can give you or anyone, is DONT USE WESTERN UNION. simple.

Other Money Transfer Services