Western Union

Western Union

Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Muhammad Azeem H.
Muhammad Azeem H.Sydney, NSW

Worst experience ever

no cash pick up facility is available. only can send money but no pickup is available.
You call agents and they tell you we dont have cash pickup facility available. absolute time waste

Carmel
CarmelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Scammers heaven

Western Union facilitates scammers to steal money. They are slow to respond when you need help and delay you at every point. I have had nothing but bad experiences with WU.

Worst app ever

While updating details keeps asking mobile no even though it is optional. When I add the number it ask for city. When I add the city it ask for mobile no and then an error code C1434 appears. I have spent more time on this useless application

Worse experience

Call centre people won't acknowledge your need and treat everyone like scammer.
Customer care should be more diligent towards their customer as they are the face of the company. People sending money to their family in this difficult times and western union customer care should help and not mis behaved or be rude with people over the phone.
I'll never use their service again and i'ld not recommended them to anyone

James
JamesAlice Springs, NT

Terrible

They wouldn't transfer money then ended up hanging up on me when I asked why. Run by dodge and they are arrogant don't care. Ask you stupid questions what's money for etc. Non of their business.

H Z.
H Z.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst customer service ever

Don't waste your time with such rude guys who don't care about their customers, whenever I have asked them for help just disappointed me, even they don't care about our reviews..

Mark C
Mark C

Terrible - never using them again - seek your money transfers elsewhere

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

worst customer service

worst customer service ever seen . never going to use them in future . they take very long to refund your money back . still chasing one of the transaction from last year

Scammers

even after 3 days transferring
but saying have not received money
on next call they waiting for other bank to confirm
to many non sense not even matching what they say

Hany A.
Hany A.

2 weeks and still waiting for my refund

I made a money transfer (5125AUD) to Egypt on the 20th of last month. The money took so long, so I decided to cancel the transfer about 2 weeks ago and until now I haven't received the money back. Every time I call, the customer support team keep giving me these generic answers and they are unable to connect me with anyone who has authority to do anything.

Sam
SamSydney

Rip off

Very expensive rates and bad service
Plus they never reply to your emails
Bank transfer and save lots of money
They take advantage of people in needs
Make them your last money transfer option

Poor service, wrong advertising

Wrong advertising. They advertised for express shipping and keeping the money on hold for three days. I do not recommend using their services, look for other options available out there.

Karen
KarenSydney

Never use again

Needed to update my credit card to send money to an overseas friend..The dope on the phone, who i could barely understand told me i needed a passport and license to update my new credit card.. I said my passport expired and i wont be renewing until we can travel again..She said go to a western union store and send from there..I informed her we are in lock down and cant leave our area and non essential stores and shops are closed..Then her robot voice went on and on and on..In 10 minutes, i never got another word in but i'm sure she knew at the end where to shove her script after my polite request..Imagine with covid affecting the world and we have to put up with these numbskull companies on top of everything.

Poor communication and unreliable

John
JohnHunter Region, NSW

Scammers/Caveat Emptor

WU was recommended to me to send money to my wife in China. Of 10 transactions, half have fallen over. Same story as all the posts.. They delay delivering the transfer funds and refund of YOUR OWN MONEY (which has been debted to YOUR BANK A/c ) because they hold the money and play the money market!! Use your Bank and pay a little bit extra and have peace of mind. When I rang and tried to get my money delivered or returned, it was a disgusting lot of lies read off the same cheat sheet. You can shout and jump up and down, it'll do no good..Can only recommend people stay away, use your Bank ,the extra ,minimal cost is absolutely worth it. BE WARNED.....

Florizel F.
Florizel F.asked

How long can western union block me from sending money?

Roxy
Roxy

I dont know how long they can block you from sending money, probably as long as they want. I would not use them ever again send your money some other way that way it will stay safe.

Robert asked

Is there legal recourse in Australia for refusing to provide a service without a specific reason?

Angry customer
Angry customer

I dont know about the legal side but I know that a service can be refused by the provider without any reason, meaning you need to seek alternate options. Saying that, I dont believe any business wants to turnaround their customers by doing that

Robert

Thanks. I’ve tried different Government Authorities but they don’t seem to have to want much of a say in how WU operates.

Decebet M.
Decebet M.asked

WhyWestern Union block me in Belgium branch.
I can't pick up money anymore.
And what should I do that Western Union will unblocked me.
Please help me?

Gio
Gio

Use XE money transfer or another service, you have read the reviews. so why would you even think about using these PARASITES? They do not deserve your business.

Other Money Transfer Services