Western Union

Western Union

Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Hopeless never again

Been a customer for years many transactions
Needed urgently to send mum money & on the phone many times they blamed my bank but my bank never had any communication from them
5 days later still hopeless so I canceled the transfer found another company heaps cheaper too
Within 15 minutes signed up transferred to money instantly mums happy

Ian S.
Ian S.Australian Capital Territory

Unreliable service - don't use for emergency

WU is fine for the first few transactions, but eventually they will hold your account, even if your transactions are fully legitimate and you have great ID. Don't use WU for any emergency situation as they often hold up transactions for "review" and it can take days to release. Regard WU as an unreliable service that could fail at any time. Seek alternatives. My experience is based on sending money overseas to family members on a regular basis.

Neville
NevilleSouth East Queensland, QLD

NEVER USE THEM

Run away fast

Ehsan
EhsanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

WU is fraud

Its been 10 f**kng days i havn't got my money. Pathetic service i have ever seen in my life. They are absolutely scammers, never gonna trust them again in life.

Elise
ElisePerth, WA

Awful Service

Venkat J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They kept my fund transfer on hold after providing a source of funds

I have transferred one of the fund pooling money to the receiver and provided all required docs. but their account verification team keeps on asking multiple times for the same docs and delaying fund transfer from the last 10days. I hope they don't steal this money which we sourced for one of my friends pass away due to covid.

My recommendation to every on that, don't use Western Union for any major fund transfers, this is a cheating business, need to be careful.

Venkat J.

After 10 days they have canceled the transaction. CHEATERS held my money for 10days and told all stories and Western Union is full of fake and fraud. I have used world remit and transferred successfully.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Chithra
Chithra

Western Union is full of fake and fraud

Western Union facilitates scammers to steal money. They are slow to respond and make delays at every point. I have had nothing but bad experiences with WU and its been 3month money not processed.they are eligible for star rates

Karuna P.
Karuna P.Sydney, NSW

Wasted time

Steve B
Steve BHunter Region, NSW

Pathetic WU

Pathetic Customer Service
WU sent numerous emails demanding payment for transfer of funds stating they had paid out twice on separate dates to my recipient without receiving my funds. This was despite the fact I had provided proof that my bank had deposited the funds in WU prior to transfer to my recipient.
Accordingly WU are either incompetent or dishonest. In any event I will never deal with the arrogant shambolic WU again.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

They hold my money for more than three days and i am still waiting for it, contacted customer care but they are of no use.Very rude and ignorant staff . I believe i have lost my money.
Will not recommend this service to anyone.

Barbara K.
Barbara K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible

Daren B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No explanation.refused service.

Used Western union for years to send funds to Philippines for family..and would send to myself also when I visited twice a year..then without explanation a transaction was stopped to a recipient I had sent funds to on numerous occasions.. I called customer support and was told I could no longer transfer funds using Western Union to anywhere...no explanation was forthcoming I was just told that I would need to find another method to transfer funds.... been using an alternative transfer service for 2 years now with no problems at all.. I would never recommend Western Union.

dbr
dbrSydney, NSW

I sent money in July 2021 and it hasn't reached my recipient November and i don't have any hope it will.

I sent money to India in July, it is yet to reach my recipient because the bank is holding the money. Western Union says, our job is to put the money into a bank account and if the bank holds money we can't do anything. How unfair and dodgy this money transfer is. When this company started they were charging $30 per transfer and have grown into a big business with our fees and now with 1200 employees and a big name, small money is nothing for them. I will never use their service again in my life.

Tan HD
Tan HDSydney, NSW

No Star rating if I had the choice

Save your energy and don’t use Western Union .

Not reliable, low exchange rate. All the excuses explanations. I Sent the money 7 days ago and the transaction still hasn’t been delivered. Lodged a case and was told to wait 24-48 hours . Demanded to talk to supervisor twice and a supervisor called back after five hours. Again the usual explanation straight from the text book. Still no result.

Western Union don’t deliver . So save yourself and run away from them.

Tan

Florizel F.
Florizel F.asked

How long can western union block me from sending money?

Roxy
Roxy

I dont know how long they can block you from sending money, probably as long as they want. I would not use them ever again send your money some other way that way it will stay safe.

Daren B.

Just use World Remit....excellent service.

Robert asked

Is there legal recourse in Australia for refusing to provide a service without a specific reason?

Angry customer
Angry customer

I dont know about the legal side but I know that a service can be refused by the provider without any reason, meaning you need to seek alternate options. Saying that, I dont believe any business wants to turnaround their customers by doing that

Robert

Thanks. I’ve tried different Government Authorities but they don’t seem to have to want much of a say in how WU operates.

Decebet M.
Decebet M.asked

WhyWestern Union block me in Belgium branch.
I can't pick up money anymore.
And what should I do that Western Union will unblocked me.
Please help me?

Gio
Gio

Use XE money transfer or another service, you have read the reviews. so why would you even think about using these PARASITES? They do not deserve your business.

Other Money Transfer Services