Western Union

Western Union

See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

AKM Hasan
AKM HasanSydney, NSW

Not sure if I will get the money back!!!

Goddess A.
Goddess A.South East Queensland, QLD

Screw Western Union

Leon
LeonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

THEY CANNOT EXPLAIN WHY

I transferred 2000k and it is sitting in limbo waiting to be sent to the receivers bank. Well after 6 days now still waiting to be processed. Have spent more than 3 hours trying to find out why but have been told I have to wait 72 hours for an answer. Even after day 3 I must wait 72 hours!!! No offer of any refund or solution. Please do not use Western Union. You will lose your money and have no real possibility of getting it back

Western Union Scams own people in Emergency

Having sent monies to desperate friends in Philippines ($290). it was blocked by western union. I have sent to this receiver multiple times in last 4 years without problem. Money did not arrive After 24 hours I phoned technical support, was told I needed to prove I held account money came from? Did this reluctantly to ID@westernunion.com (who likes revealing banking details. 24 hours later still no money. Phoned again, was told they do not have staff to check, maybe another 2 days! keep in mind people are without food, drinking dirty water after the cyclone! We apologise sir. what? try apologising to the people who are hungry and sick because of you stupid bureaucracy ! NOT a trustworthy company any more..use Remitly or anyone !

Michelle
MichelleWestern Australia

Terrible.

Sent 2 transfers from Australia to the Uk successfully, no problems. Third time my card was declined. Checked with my bank no problem at their end. WU wanted me to use POLI which I did not want to use. I rang WU and they said use another card. I did, and this was declined with no reason. Rang them again and no reasonable answer given. Will not be using WU again and do not recommend.

It's official: Western Union does not work

After weeks of trying and speaking directly to WU, their service continues to fail irrevocably. Deleted my account after I managed to send money overseas for only $10 via Commbank. Goodbye WU. Hope you survive till 2022.

AndrewNew South Wales

Im Blocked.....arghhh!!!!!!

The first few years of transactions are good/ok.

However, I must be categorized now as a money launderer or crook or something as WU now block me. Are they really in business to provide a service???? What a weird organisation. Blocking customers for a 'security reason' .... but they wont explian why! What? WTH?

Goodbye WU. There are transfer services that dont mess people around.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Hopeless never again

Been a customer for years many transactions
Needed urgently to send mum money & on the phone many times they blamed my bank but my bank never had any communication from them
5 days later still hopeless so I canceled the transfer found another company heaps cheaper too
Within 15 minutes signed up transferred to money instantly mums happy

Ian S.
Ian S.Australian Capital Territory

Unreliable service - don't use for emergency

WU is fine for the first few transactions, but eventually they will hold your account, even if your transactions are fully legitimate and you have great ID. Don't use WU for any emergency situation as they often hold up transactions for "review" and it can take days to release. Regard WU as an unreliable service that could fail at any time. Seek alternatives. My experience is based on sending money overseas to family members on a regular basis.

Neville

Run away fast

Ehsan
EhsanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

WU is fraud

Its been 10 f**kng days i havn't got my money. Pathetic service i have ever seen in my life. They are absolutely scammers, never gonna trust them again in life.

Elise
ElisePerth, WA

Awful Service

Venkat J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They kept my fund transfer on hold after providing a source of funds

I have transferred one of the fund pooling money to the receiver and provided all required docs. but their account verification team keeps on asking multiple times for the same docs and delaying fund transfer from the last 10days. I hope they don't steal this money which we sourced for one of my friends pass away due to covid.

My recommendation to every on that, don't use Western Union for any major fund transfers, this is a cheating business, need to be careful.

Venkat J.

After 10 days they have canceled the transaction. CHEATERS held my money for 10days and told all stories and Western Union is full of fake and fraud. I have used world remit and transferred successfully.

Chithra
Chithra

Western Union is full of fake and fraud

Western Union facilitates scammers to steal money. They are slow to respond and make delays at every point. I have had nothing but bad experiences with WU and its been 3month money not processed.they are eligible for star rates

BruceT
BruceTasked

What's wrong with online service ? can not send money online.
I dont want pay $10 fee to Post office.

Andrew

I only tried the online service once or twice and couldnt make it work.
A bank transfer costs $30, takes numerous banks to complete the transfer.... groan. it takes about 5 days.,
So $10 (depends on destination and amount!) for an amount over $100 at Western Union at the post office is good value.

Baotuti S.
Baotuti S.

Same. Have not been able to send money online via western union. It cost upward of $100 to send money via post office compared to just over $10 via Western union online.

Florizel F.
Florizel F.asked

How long can western union block me from sending money?

Roxy
Roxy

I dont know how long they can block you from sending money, probably as long as they want. I would not use them ever again send your money some other way that way it will stay safe.

Daren B.
Daren B.

Just use World Remit....excellent service.

Robert asked

Is there legal recourse in Australia for refusing to provide a service without a specific reason?

Angry customer
Angry customer

I dont know about the legal side but I know that a service can be refused by the provider without any reason, meaning you need to seek alternate options. Saying that, I dont believe any business wants to turnaround their customers by doing that

Robert

Thanks. I’ve tried different Government Authorities but they don’t seem to have to want much of a say in how WU operates.