Western Union

Western Union (page 3 of 10)

See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Kevin B.
Kevin B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Western union cancelled my account???

Ive been using westen union for years and all of a sudden they stopped me from sending money to.my friends overseaes with no explanation on request
I have friends in a 3rd world country who i know very welk
So now these people have no assistance from.me
I could understand if i was given a reason why western union have stopped me
So if you are sending money to more than one person then im guessing they think you are up to unlawful activities but in the meantime my friends are financially broken

Karen
KarenSydney

Never use again

Needed to update my credit card to send money to an overseas friend..The dope on the phone, who i could barely understand told me i needed a passport and license to update my new credit card.. I said my passport expired and i wont be renewing until we can travel again..She said go to a western union store and send from there..I informed her we are in lock down and cant leave our area and non essential stores and shops are closed..Then her robot voice went on and on and on..In 10 minutes, i never got another word in but i'm sure she knew at the end where to shove her script after my polite request..Imagine with covid affecting the world and we have to put up with these numbskull companies on top of everything.

Poor communication and unreliable

John
JohnHunter Region, NSW

Scammers/Caveat Emptor

WU was recommended to me to send money to my wife in China. Of 10 transactions, half have fallen over. Same story as all the posts.. They delay delivering the transfer funds and refund of YOUR OWN MONEY (which has been debted to YOUR BANK A/c ) because they hold the money and play the money market!! Use your Bank and pay a little bit extra and have peace of mind. When I rang and tried to get my money delivered or returned, it was a disgusting lot of lies read off the same cheat sheet. You can shout and jump up and down, it'll do no good..Can only recommend people stay away, use your Bank ,the extra ,minimal cost is absolutely worth it. BE WARNED.....

m h.
m h.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scammers

Sent money twice by mistake. Cancelled second transaction immediately. Two months in I’m still waiting for a refund. Currently on hold for 20 minutes and waiting. They advise you that you’ll get an email and then you get a generic advertisement

Wish 0 Star was a possibility

Worst money transfer system

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Gurman
Gurman South East Queensland, QLD

Keeps declining my transfer

Before it was working good but now it always decline my transfer and I have to talk to 3/4 customers services care and answer the question why and to whom am sending and later on I receive email declined transfer they keep doing this regular… not recommending

Ted
TedPerth, WA

Don't use

Took my money i was sending to brother inlaw in Indonesia, which i had done on previous occasions, put on hold ,said i have to call them, asked what the money was for how long i have known him, then refused to send, but i still waiting for my money back.

MONEY NOT RECEIVED!!!!

Sent money to Singapore on 1st, rang at least 3 times since 6th and was told money will be received in the account in Singapore on 8th. Checked on 8th, money is still not there. The helpline is hopeless. Do not use them. First and last time. Bad experience.

pras
prasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid

MBJ
MBJ

Do not use western union online

I set up an online account and made an international transfer from australia to the uk. When I logged back into the account I noticed that western union had made the same transfer three times. I attempted to contact western union but was unable to do so due to its fake or unmonitored mailboxes. I attempted to close the account I had setup but western union does not provide a facility to do that for that. Western union cannot and should not be trusted with sensitive personal information.

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Western union sux

I have been a longtime loyal customer. I send my partner money to help her and family in a third world country. Western union blocked me from sending and receiving . Stating illegal activity. WTH. Stick your shithouse service and company.

Tania
Tania Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crap customer communication

Couldn't make a withdraw because I have gone over the limit, but had no idea of the limit, was NOT told about it and told to wait 7 days for refund and to top it up hung up in my face !! What the actual crap. No more western union transfer. Give me a quick missed call, leave me a voice message with a missing number and couldn't get back to them, for them to tell me my claim has be closed and cancelled

Jasjeet S.
Jasjeet S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I wish i could give western union 0 review

Guys, do not use them in the case of emergency because they will hold your money and ask you all those stupid questions and by the time the receiver gets the money, its too late for them.
I have experienced this 2-3 times and i am not going to use this crap company ever again. All the clones answering the phone calls are useless.

Md Burhan u.
Md Burhan u.Sydney, NSW

Worst Money Transfer Service

#worstservice Sent money to Bangladesh using instant pickup option, was given crappy conversion rate but accepted that because money was needed urgently. Now it stuck for two days and WU claiming money not received from my bank, whereas my bank (CBA) confirmed twice transaction went through but WU helpline just shrugging it off. Why do you bother offering instant transfer when can't meet the promise? I sent money to this receiver lot of times and still, you guys hang it for review?! This is the last time using WU, already signed up with another company. #wusucks #worstcustomerservice #worstserviceever

tmrana
tmranaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst service I have every used

As soon you submit, your money will go on hold. Then get ready for a long interview with atleast 20 questions.
The hold on the line is separate. So each transaction atleast 30 minutes on the phone with frustrating interview.

arun17031985
arun17031985Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scam - Worst service champion

Transferred money in emergency and waited whole one week for credit in receivers bank as per instructions by western union each day it will be done as high priority, nothing happened. After 7 days informed it will be refunded, but will take 7 days as per policy, with nil explanation for error , worst experience. Followed up several times to get money back, it is second time this happened.

Rehan N.
Rehan N.

THE WORST money transfer Service

did a transfer to UK from Australia. On third days, they asked me to contact them. 30 mins wait, they did an INTERVIEW. Without giving the reason, they declined. As an extra gift, my money took 5-7 days to be returned to my account.

Worst service ever

They says they transfers money in minutes for Cash at agent location and money available in minutes, which is a complete lie. I sent money on Saturday and money was not available even on Tuesday. First time they said bank is holding the money, when I called bank and confirmed it is not true. Then they said Poli is holding the money. I raised incident with Poli and they confirmed they are not holding the money. Then raised a complain with western union. It was not enough and I had to call western union I think for the fifth time to make money available. So money was with Western union all those days and still they were not releasing it. I am not using this service ever in future.

Jay
JayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Experience

This company is the worst transferring company I have ever used! They keep putting my money on hold and they are really unreliable and unresponsive. They asked me to wait for 48 hours so the compliance department will contact me, but it has been 72 hours and I have not heard or received anything from them. This is absolutely ridiculous! I would rather use other company which is 10 cents more expensive than using this unpredictable and unreliable company to transfer my money. I will give ZERO star for this company!!!

Anthony P.
Anthony P.South East Queensland, QLD

A dinosaur nightmare

Compared to PayPal it's a b*****y dinosaur, and they ask for every bit of your personal and banking details. God help us all if hackers get this information. Wish I never used them.

Kruz
KruzSydney, NSW

If I can give ZERO star..

This company is the worst transferring company I have ever used! They keep putting my money on hold and they are really unreliable and unresponsive. They asked me to wait for 48 hours so the compliance department will contact me, but it has been 72 hours and I have not heard or received anything from them. When I called the customer service to request for a refund, i was told that I am not able to cancel it until I receive the phone call from them. This is absolutely ridiculous! I would rather use other company which is 10 cents more expensive than using this unpredictable and unreliable company to transfer my money. I will give ZERO star for this company!!!

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

if there are 0 stars I would have given

Very irresponsible and negligent service, never ever doing a transaction again. Scam and lies. Nothing they can do all they do is holding your money, wasting your time with useless answers.

They keep putting my transfer on hold

I regularly send money overseas to pay bills and everytime i send using Western Union they hold my transfer and I have to call. Today same thing happened again and they said WU made an executive decision to cancel my transfer WTH. Now I have to wait for days for my money to come back to my bank account before I can pay my bills. I seriously dont understand why they cancelled my transfer. It is such a hassle