Western Union

Western Union (page 3 of 10)

Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Jasjeet S.
Jasjeet S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I wish i could give western union 0 review

Guys, do not use them in the case of emergency because they will hold your money and ask you all those stupid questions and by the time the receiver gets the money, its too late for them.
I have experienced this 2-3 times and i am not going to use this crap company ever again. All the clones answering the phone calls are useless.

Md Burhan u.
Md Burhan u.Sydney, NSW

Worst Money Transfer Service

#worstservice Sent money to Bangladesh using instant pickup option, was given crappy conversion rate but accepted that because money was needed urgently. Now it stuck for two days and WU claiming money not received from my bank, whereas my bank (CBA) confirmed twice transaction went through but WU helpline just shrugging it off. Why do you bother offering instant transfer when can't meet the promise? I sent money to this receiver lot of times and still, you guys hang it for review?! This is the last time using WU, already signed up with another company. #wusucks #worstcustomerservice #worstserviceever

tmrana
tmranaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst service I have every used

As soon you submit, your money will go on hold. Then get ready for a long interview with atleast 20 questions.
The hold on the line is separate. So each transaction atleast 30 minutes on the phone with frustrating interview.

arun17031985
arun17031985Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scam - Worst service champion

Transferred money in emergency and waited whole one week for credit in receivers bank as per instructions by western union each day it will be done as high priority, nothing happened. After 7 days informed it will be refunded, but will take 7 days as per policy, with nil explanation for error , worst experience. Followed up several times to get money back, it is second time this happened.

Rehan N.
Rehan N.

THE WORST money transfer Service

did a transfer to UK from Australia. On third days, they asked me to contact them. 30 mins wait, they did an INTERVIEW. Without giving the reason, they declined. As an extra gift, my money took 5-7 days to be returned to my account.

Worst service ever

They says they transfers money in minutes for Cash at agent location and money available in minutes, which is a complete lie. I sent money on Saturday and money was not available even on Tuesday. First time they said bank is holding the money, when I called bank and confirmed it is not true. Then they said Poli is holding the money. I raised incident with Poli and they confirmed they are not holding the money. Then raised a complain with western union. It was not enough and I had to call western union I think for the fifth time to make money available. So money was with Western union all those days and still they were not releasing it. I am not using this service ever in future.

Jay
JayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Experience

This company is the worst transferring company I have ever used! They keep putting my money on hold and they are really unreliable and unresponsive. They asked me to wait for 48 hours so the compliance department will contact me, but it has been 72 hours and I have not heard or received anything from them. This is absolutely ridiculous! I would rather use other company which is 10 cents more expensive than using this unpredictable and unreliable company to transfer my money. I will give ZERO star for this company!!!

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Anthony P.
Anthony P.South East Queensland, QLD

A dinosaur nightmare

Compared to PayPal it's a b*****y dinosaur, and they ask for every bit of your personal and banking details. God help us all if hackers get this information. Wish I never used them.

Kruz
KruzSydney, NSW

If I can give ZERO star..

This company is the worst transferring company I have ever used! They keep putting my money on hold and they are really unreliable and unresponsive. They asked me to wait for 48 hours so the compliance department will contact me, but it has been 72 hours and I have not heard or received anything from them. When I called the customer service to request for a refund, i was told that I am not able to cancel it until I receive the phone call from them. This is absolutely ridiculous! I would rather use other company which is 10 cents more expensive than using this unpredictable and unreliable company to transfer my money. I will give ZERO star for this company!!!

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

if there are 0 stars I would have given

Very irresponsible and negligent service, never ever doing a transaction again. Scam and lies. Nothing they can do all they do is holding your money, wasting your time with useless answers.

They keep putting my transfer on hold

I regularly send money overseas to pay bills and everytime i send using Western Union they hold my transfer and I have to call. Today same thing happened again and they said WU made an executive decision to cancel my transfer WTH. Now I have to wait for days for my money to come back to my bank account before I can pay my bills. I seriously dont understand why they cancelled my transfer. It is such a hassle

dishonest and unhelpful.

I have used WU for over 10 years with no problems. I sent money in Dec 20 and discovered the receiver had slightly changed their name, I rang WU operator who told me I could have a refund and gave me a MTCN which never worked. I was given a case number and told it would take 20 days for a refund. He we are May 21 still havent got my refund ,have been told by operators another 24 hrs ,48hrs, they will email me, sms, its gone to a higher dept, non payment claim, with supervisor, given another case number. Im beginning to think I may never get a refund without legal action. What has happened to this company ?

Very Frustrating customer service

I have called them 4 to 5 times to fix the online issue. No one knows how to fix it .it's more than a year. They keep asking me to keep sending money from store to verify my account. But everytime they keep on saying the info is not correct. Very frustrated with their service. I would give them -10 if possible.
They are not helpful at all. Other services are much better and hassel free.

Please avoid them.

Read the reviews!!!

I should have read all the reviews before I transferred money to them!!! They are just terrible. They keep telling you that they haven't received the money yet while the money was taken from my account immediately. They blame the bank - you know what madam, let me tell you what is going on: the bank take your money away from your account and they do not give it to us, they keep the money with themselves for a while... totally crap! Rubbish.

Snoop
SnoopGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst service

Its more then a week now and still waiting to get an update on my transfer. Rang their customer service multiple times to my frustration every time I have been given new excuse. They themselves don't know what happening and are not professionally trained zero customer service

harry k.
harry k.Perth, WA

Terrible service

Don’t trust them , terrible service . They will hold the money without telling you the correct reason .Their app says they send within a day is actually a lie .i had to call them to release the money still waiting to get my money . Please don’t use western union and money gram they both are terrible.

Nahed
NahedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad customer service

had bad experience, never again and will remove both accounts of mine and wife. Customer service are rude and keep on talking over you. Don't want hear about your complaint and blame it on the receiving end. Money supposed to be transferred within three business days to bank account( as stated on their website)now it's over a week gone and no money transferred although I did a transfer a month ago to the same person and same bank account and it only took two days. there Excuses are not acceptable. Never again and do not recommend them.

Worst experience ever

Please never use western union guys
They will hold your money till they get good return

I have transferred the money 7 days back and its still under review
When I called them they say the bank has not transferred the money
But when I called the bank they say it has already been transferred

Worst service

Never use this service

Viviana J.
Viviana J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible experience

My friends told me that it had a good exchange rate, I just discovered that the service is rubbish. I've been trying to make a transaction for 4 days. The customer service is terrible and rude, They always give different information. I give up. I will post this everywhere so that more people are not affected

Given
GivenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Delayed delayed delayed

Dont send money with this company in whatever avenues! I sent money online advertised a 0-1 day, but takes 5 days actually as they want to keep your money for a lower exchange rate and higher rate for them with interest. Don’t bother calling hotline as call agents are impolite! Never again!

Stephen
StephenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Useless website

Lousy error prone website. Keeps saying mobile phone is incorrect before I even got to that page. Then can't recognise Vic license number, after 5 tries. I gave up. I am a IT consultant and never seen such crap in my life

John
JohnPerth, WA

Ask too many personal bank details

Tried to use but they want copes of too much of my personal bank detail and as was using poli and was a small amount of money through someone was scamming me. So they cancelled transfer and said return money in 7 working day that's 2weeks they steal my money for. WU out date never use them again. Say no fees but give crap exchange rate.

Transfer in limbo....no transfer and no refund

I started a transaction almost 10 days back, Then I got message for receiver's ids for security reasons. Although, money was intended to be transferred to a bank account where receiver has established himself.
Receiver doesn't want to provide his security details to me or any organisation unknown to him and that's his right to protect himself from misuse.
I called WU to cancel my transaction. WU still want the receiver's identification to cancel the transaction. Now that's too much they are asking for. I can verify myself, but I can't insist the receiver to send his ids to me in order to get my money back.
Not using WU again.

Cancelled transaction

I've used WU in the past and had no problem. Tonight, I had to send money urgently and it got cancelled after 5 minutes! Now I had to wait for the refund!

WPHSteven
WPHStevenSydney, NSW

Given up using them after 2 years of regular transfers ... they just got to hard to deal with

WU had been consistently reliable, rates were never competitive enough but I put up with that to get a quick easy online service.

Then they started blocking more transfers for unspecified security reasons in the destination country, even I have been sending to same person for ages. Now they have blocked my account for all transfers with an error code and not responded at all to 3 emails I sent to the address they referred me to.

Now been using World Remittance for 6 months. Far fewer problems so no need to go back.

Other Money Transfer Services