Western Union

Western Union (page 3 of 10)

Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

harry k.
harry k.Perth, WA

Terrible service

Don’t trust them , terrible service . They will hold the money without telling you the correct reason .Their app says they send within a day is actually a lie .i had to call them to release the money still waiting to get my money . Please don’t use western union and money gram they both are terrible.

Nahed
NahedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad customer service

had bad experience, never again and will remove both accounts of mine and wife. Customer service are rude and keep on talking over you. Don't want hear about your complaint and blame it on the receiving end. Money supposed to be transferred within three business days to bank account( as stated on their website)now it's over a week gone and no money transferred although I did a transfer a month ago to the same person and same bank account and it only took two days. there Excuses are not acceptable. Never again and do not recommend them.

Worst experience ever

Please never use western union guys
They will hold your money till they get good return

I have transferred the money 7 days back and its still under review
When I called them they say the bank has not transferred the money
But when I called the bank they say it has already been transferred

Worst service

Never use this service

Viviana J.
Viviana J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible experience

My friends told me that it had a good exchange rate, I just discovered that the service is rubbish. I've been trying to make a transaction for 4 days. The customer service is terrible and rude, They always give different information. I give up. I will post this everywhere so that more people are not affected

Given
GivenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Delayed delayed delayed

Dont send money with this company in whatever avenues! I sent money online advertised a 0-1 day, but takes 5 days actually as they want to keep your money for a lower exchange rate and higher rate for them with interest. Don’t bother calling hotline as call agents are impolite! Never again!

Stephen
StephenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Useless website

Lousy error prone website. Keeps saying mobile phone is incorrect before I even got to that page. Then can't recognise Vic license number, after 5 tries. I gave up. I am a IT consultant and never seen such crap in my life

Transfer in limbo....no transfer and no refund

I started a transaction almost 10 days back, Then I got message for receiver's ids for security reasons. Although, money was intended to be transferred to a bank account where receiver has established himself.
Receiver doesn't want to provide his security details to me or any organisation unknown to him and that's his right to protect himself from misuse.
I called WU to cancel my transaction. WU still want the receiver's identification to cancel the transaction. Now that's too much they are asking for. I can verify myself, but I can't insist the receiver to send his ids to me in order to get my money back.
Not using WU again.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Cancelled transaction

I've used WU in the past and had no problem. Tonight, I had to send money urgently and it got cancelled after 5 minutes! Now I had to wait for the refund!

WPHSteven
WPHStevenSydney, NSW

Given up using them after 2 years of regular transfers ... they just got to hard to deal with

WU had been consistently reliable, rates were never competitive enough but I put up with that to get a quick easy online service.

Then they started blocking more transfers for unspecified security reasons in the destination country, even I have been sending to same person for ages. Now they have blocked my account for all transfers with an error code and not responded at all to 3 emails I sent to the address they referred me to.

Now been using World Remittance for 6 months. Far fewer problems so no need to go back.

Rewards

There app shows you can redeem your points for rewards but the app never let you redeem and when i login through google chrome and still they keep loading at the final step of redeem your rewards they just show off about your points never let you redeem it

fkmaingi
fkmaingiCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Debit your card and then canceled transaction. Poor customer service

Sent money for urgent medical Bill overseas. The transaction was canceled due to technical error. But my card was debited. I have tried reaching out but the customer service team has limited known. Promise never to use this crap again. I think they are trading with customers money.

Mani K.
Mani K.

Horrible service

Will give them zero star if i can get that option. Exceptionally bad customer service. I am not going to use this ever again. I do agree with the posts written below

dennis from melbourne
dennis from melbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

take and use your money

I would give them 0 stars if I could. They take your money, use it as long as they can and refund it back to you after many emails and phone calls. Use another provider, not Western Union.
They lure you with high exchange rates and no fees tactics.
Good luck getting your money back;;;;

Leah
Leah

Try another company

I agree with other comments posted here. Transaction cancelled multiple times and no reason provided. Emailed them and no response. Best to try other options. Previous time my transaction took 2 weeks before being received by recipient and WU could not tell me why. No updates on status and unwilling to investigate further

steve michaels
steve michaelswangaratta

My transaction cancelled three times no reason given

Such a crap company. A legitimate transfer made before with ria, cancelled three times with Western Union. No reason given and no explanation. Just vague random silly garbage. These were not large transfers. They were for bike parts..

Heramb
HerambSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst customer service , use another service

Misleading and incorrect information provided, worst customer service, rude operators, no set complaint procedures; technical errors on website; you are better off sending money through different company ; never ever try this company

If you have an option use another provider

When this service works its quite good but when you have any issues its the worst customer service you will =get anywhere. I do a weekly transaction, and most go through ok. The last one was normal until my fiance was refused the money when she went to collect. They could not find the transaction. On checking I saw that the transaction had been put on hold, and no notice was given to me or anyone else. After many calls it did eventually get cleared. The customer service agents were not helpful and used as many delaying tactics as they could muster to frustrate me even more. Im still waiting for the explanation. Giving them 1 star is an injustice, they deserve nothing. If you have the option use a different service provider

Blackie
BlackieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So Bad

Kanwal
KanwalMelbourne

Western Union Online service SUCK

My online transaction was cancelled and NO ONE in Western Union can give me the reason why it was cancelled. FYI.. my beneficiary account has not changed for many years now.

SSP
SSPSydney, NSW

Worst customer service

They lack technical staff to resolve issues, Agents has a wrong attitude they dont speak proper english even,

I been stuck on the below issue for two weeks.
We're just checking few more things, we'll send you a confirmation email shortly. You don't have to do anything unless you hear from us. You may not be able to start a new send money transfer while you have a transaction on hold.

Aman K.
Aman K.Perth, WA

Crappy app

I would give a star in minus below zero but there is no option. Such a crappy app and always gives the technical issues and deducts money and never know when the money comes back.

Carcinoid
CarcinoidPerth, WA

Greedy sharks and lousy APP!

Western Union you F SHARKS you cancelled my remittance after the transaction but debited money from my account. I believe you did this intentionally because the exchange rate was higher 2days ago. Now you have my money and have to wait 7days to get it back at same time I already lost 22aud due to the low exchange rate now! This has happened multiple times and thats it! FU! and will never use your services again SHARKS! Get F!

Gop I.
Gop I.Hunter Region, NSW

fraudulent and be aware

don't use their service cause they are frauds use u r money for 4 days and refund in 5 working days . still waiting for he refund , also they cancelled using poli which is safer form of payment with zero service fee

Wilson
Wilson Victoria

Bad customer service

It took more than two days and the money hasn't been reached still now. Checked with customer service and the response was arrogant. As a customer we sending money through this for a faster delivery.

Peter Lin
Peter LinPerth, WA

Won't use Western Union anymore

The first transfer I made was about A$200 to China was ok. The second one about A$1200 was a mess, my internet banking was blocked for suspected fraud, but money has been debited from my account then got email that transfer is cancelled and promised the money to be returned asap. Until now passed 5 days, it has not been effected.

Other Money Transfer Services